Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lot of rookies flashed or looked solid. Gibbs, Campbell, and Branch look damn good. Brodric Martin looked like he was clogging gaps and I didn't really see o-linemen move him much.

Vet wise Cominksy and Barnes look good. Rodrigo made plays. d-line play looks improved.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lot of rookies flashed or looked solid. Gibbs, Campbell, and Branch look damn good. Brodric Martin looked like he was clogging gaps and I didn't really see o-linemen move him much.

Vet wise Cominksy and Barnes look good. Rodrigo made plays. d-line play looks improved.
I want Gibbs to shine just because how they shytted on him getting taken so high.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is the deepest Lions team I remember, on defense and most of the offense too. The d-line is stacked. I'm not even sure how many edge/DE guys we can keep at this point. Few days ago I assumed Julian Okwara was gonna get cut, now? Who knows. Not long ago we assumed Levi was done, now he's looking healthy and had some nice plays last night.

Honestly the only concern from last night IMO is backup o-line. Those 2nd-3rd string tackles look ehhhh. Backup guards look better but nothing special. Everything else seems to be great improved over where we were a couple years ago. Defense basically looks complete to me, which is crazy to think about after last season.

BTW despite that dropped TD pass...Jamo will be fine. That two point conversion was amazing, and he had some nice blocks all night. I also think having Bridgewater throwing to him over the next few weeks in practice will do more for him than Sudfield has.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This is the deepest Lions team I remember, on defense and most of the offense too. The d-line is stacked. I'm not even sure how many edge/DE guys we can keep at this point. Few days ago I assumed Julian Okwara was gonna get cut, now? Who knows. Not long ago we assumed Levi was done, now he's looking healthy and had some nice plays last night.

Honestly the only concern from last night IMO is backup o-line. Those 2nd-3rd string tackles look ehhhh. Backup guards look better but nothing special. Everything else seems to be great improved over where we were a couple years ago. Defense basically looks complete to me, which is crazy to think about after last season.

BTW despite that dropped TD pass...Jamo will be fine. That two point conversion was amazing, and he had some nice blocks all night. I also think having Bridgewater throwing to him over the next few weeks in practice will do more for him than Sudfield has.
With the offseason additions they made, if it was any team other than the Lions, they'd be getting talked about heavily as an inner circle Super Bowl contender.

Linebacker is probably the only position I would consider kinda weak on paper. But if Jack Campbell is an animal, they'll be fine there too.

The offense was already terrific and now they have depth in the secondary and d-line. They really don't have any obvious weaknesses on PAPER.

It's weird to look at a Lions team this way.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps

With the offseason additions they made, if it was any team other than the Lions, they'd be getting talked about heavily as an inner circle Super Bowl contender.

Linebacker is probably the only position I would consider kinda weak on paper. But if Jack Campbell is an animal, they'll be fine there too.

The offense was already terrific and now they have depth in the secondary and d-line. They really don't have any obvious weaknesses on PAPER.

I don't know if I've ever in my life looked at a Lions team and thought Damn, they bout to be deep as hell," like I feel this team has the potential to be. Crazy what Holmes and Campbell did in 3 years in adding and coaching up talent on this roster.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I heard on a pride of Detroit, this team feels they have 5 starters at LB. We are deep as deep as we’ve ever been.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Thank god for that trade. Now, are the Vikings dumb enough to pay him, with Justin Jefferson a couple years away from a massive deal? I just don't see how this is gonna work out for them unless they hit on a rookie QB real soon.