Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Jameson Williams returns

After missing nearly a week due to a leg injury, Williams returned to a full padded practice on Monday. Maybe it was rust, maybe it was lack of concentration, but Williams’ start to practice had its fair share of drops and errors. Williams was not alone in his drops—Amon-Ra St. Brown dropped two himself—but his misses were noticeable.

Williams also found himself in the middle of a couple of dust-ups with Starling Thomas—who got in a scuffle with Germain Ifedi earlier in camp—and the pair needed to be separated by teammates and coaches. Williams downplayed the incident to reporters following practice:

“I just look at it as football, a physical play,” Williams explained. “We got over it, the next play. Nothing too much.”

Williams went on to say that those scuffles help him stay on his game, and fortunately, as practice rolled on, Williams found his rhythm and was able to contribute on a few stand-out plays.

After Jahmyr Gibbs hit a gaping hole created by the offensive line, he broke left as he got to the second level. Will Harris had the angle to make the tackle, but Williams flew in and delivered a devastating block to free up the sideline for Gibbs—who took it another 25+ yards downfield for arguably the biggest offensive play of camp.

Later on, during seven-on-seven in a red zone drill, Williams showed off his acceleration by shaking coverage from C.J. Gardner-Johnson in the end zone, separating, and creating a wide-open target for Jared Goff to hit for the score.

Sounds like what you'd expect coming off an injury, and he still made a couple great plays. Also read he was burning people in drills all day. He's gonna be fine, especially once him and Goff are on the same page.
I remember him talking about how much he loves blocking.

I hope he can hit the ground running after his suspension. He broke loose when he played last year but Goff couldn't hit him. They definitely need to get on the same page now.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
2 years of being unreliable. Titus was unreliable and he had issues but we can compare him to titus at the moment.

Punching an undrafted rookie who probably won't make the team cuz you fukking up is some sucka bully shyt.

Jamo will be replaced in the draft next year if he don't get his shyt together. You can find talented WRs in rd 2/3
:russ:Relax

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Q: With the focus on Brian Branch and C.J. Gardner-Johnson in the safety room, we haven’t heard too much about Tracy Walker and Kerby Joseph. So how have they been? Quietly consistent but hidden by others’ shines? Or just meh and not worth talking about at all? -- @sodenad (via Twitter)

A: I can’t help but look at Tracy Walker standing on the sideline while the first-team defense is out on the field, and marvel at just how far the Lions have come on that side of the ball. There was a day when this team was desperate for quality players of any kind in the back end of the defense, and not that I have to tell you this, but that day wasn’t so long ago. Now a good player like Walker continues to practice well, yet seems like he’s trending toward getting kicked out of an every-down role. And not because he’s struggling either.

Walker is a good player with vision and instincts. But rookie Brian Branch has been so good in camp that it’s becoming difficult to keep him off the field. So he’s getting more run with the ones in the slot, while C.J. Gardner-Johnson is dropping back to play safety with Kerby Joseph. And that just might be the best trio to have on the field, even if Walker is still a quality player. That’s especially true when it comes to ballhawking. Gardner-Johnson led all players in interceptions last season (at safety too), while Joseph led this team in picks (despite opening the year on the bench). Walker is a good player, but ballhawking isn’t his cup, picking off just three passes in his career.

Walker will play a lot no matter what happens this season, and if/when injuries occur in the back end of the defense, Detroit will have a smart, experienced player to trot out onto the field. This is what good teams do -- they develop so much depth that when injuries inevitably hit, they can continue to hum. I don’t know how good the defense will be this season, but seeing a guy like Walker dropping down to the twos leads me to believe the talent is deeper than ever. That’s a good player, and he’ll make good plays this season. They just might have better on their hands now.

Ask Kyle: The good and the bad from the first days of Lions training camp

It'd be crazy to see tracy not to have a top role on the team. Good to hear about Branch tho