Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
This draft completely up in air. Wouldn’t be disappointed with anyone really. Competent GM left few obvious holes on roster. Only glaring need is interior pass rusher

Anderson might be falling a bit. Super productive in college but game tape and measurables not amazing scouts. Wonder how they would play Anderson and James Houston co exist? Move to 3-4 maybe? Wilson might be top defensive player in draft surpassingly. Carter most talented but so many character issues.

Hurts new contract definitely puts some pressure on Lions to get a developmental QB. I would even entertain trading up to 3 for Stroud or Richardson if need be. The idea of paying Goff near 50 million a year is scary

Would like a bigger CB. So wouldn’t mind Gonzalez or Porter Jr. Witherspoon too small to hold up with how physical he plays, But wouldn’t hate if they picked him either.

Only pick I wouldn’t like in Bijon Robinson. Too much of a luxury pick.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Only guys I would be disappointed in taking are Van Ness, Miles Murphy, and Bryan Bresee at 18. I'm not sure any logical/likely pick at 6 would anger me. It could be a CB, it could be a QB, I wouldn't be mad. My preference/hope would be Tyree Wilson, Will Anderson, or Jalen Carter. If they get one of those guys I'll feel amazing.

I wouldn't take Bijan at 18 but at the same time...you put him behind this line and he could be an MVP-type player. It's crazy to say that and then say "I don't like the value" but...I don't like the value lol. There are RBs in the second and third round who would look amazing behind this line too.

If one of the top 4-5 CBs are still available I'd take one at 18. I feel better about all the CBs in the first round than the bottom tier pass rushers in the first round, which is why I don't want Van Ness or Murphy. I'm totally fine with a Tyree Wilson or Will Anderson taking snaps from the guys we have, or Nolan Smith. But I'm not sold on Van Ness or Murphy being better than Pascal or Houston. Plus with a CB you don't expect them to play much this year, and can spend the season getting some snaps/experience while preparing to take over next season if we don't re-sign Emmanuel Mosley.

Another guy I'd love at 18: Darnell Wright, tackle from Tennessee. Manhandled Will Anderson with ease. He has experience at guard so you could play him there initially, and then move him to tackle in a couple years when Decker's contract is up.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
I'm with yall on Will Anderson. I think he'll be a good player for a long time but not an all pro.

He needs to be in a 3-4 defense

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm with yall on Will Anderson. I think he'll be a good player for a long time but not an all pro.

He needs to be in a 3-4 defense
Do the Cowboys run a straight 3-4 or do they switch it up and run some 4-3? If Will Anderson is as productive as Micah Parsons, that's a guy I would alter the defense for. That kinda production and impact is special.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Do the Cowboys run a straight 3-4 or do they switch it up and run some 4-3? If Will Anderson is as productive as Micah Parsons, that's a guy I would alter the defense for. That kinda production and impact is special.

Anderson is not the prospect Parsons was. If it wasn't for the pandemic and character issues he would have been a consensus top 5 pick

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Anderson is not the prospect Parsons was. If it wasn't for the pandemic and character issues he would have been a consensus top 5 pick
Not trying to be a dikkhead or trolling but why isn't he? They're the same size and Anderson's production was even better than Micah's in college.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Not trying to be a dikkhead or trolling but why isn't he? They're the same size and Anderson's production was even better than Micah's in college.

He played in more games than Micah so his production is gonna be better.

Micah just has a different explosion and more physical strength than Anderson. From the moment Parsons stepped on the field at PSU i knew he was gonna be a problem.

Anderson was quiet alot this year in big games. I don't think he has the upside of parsons.

If we ran a 3-4 consistently then I wouldn't mind drafting him. If him and Carter were available for us then I would go with Carter

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He played in more games than Micah so his production is gonna be better.

Micah just has a different explosion and more physical strength than Anderson. From the moment Parsons stepped on the field at PSU i knew he was gonna be a problem.

Anderson was quiet alot this year in big games. I don't think he has the upside of parsons.

If we ran a 3-4 consistently then I wouldn't mind drafting him. If him and Carter were available for us then I would go with Carter
Micah played 13 games as a soph and had 14 TFL and 5 sacks; Will played 15 and had 31 TFL and 17.5 sacks as a soph. :yeshrug:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Will Anderson’s athleticism score is a 94

Pasrsons was a 95.9

I’m not sure how big of a difference 2 points makes but I think it is a noticeable difference.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Other injured guys showed up too so it doesn’t mean he’s healthy but man. I’m not getting my hopes up but if Levi was ready to go, it could change a lot of things. He looks like he’s jacked and brolic too.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Other injured guys showed up too so it doesn’t mean he’s healthy but man. I’m not getting my hopes up but if Levi was ready to go, it could change a lot of things. He looks like he’s jacked and brolic too.

l19Mypr.jpg

Looks like he’s in great shape. Holmes only real blemish so far. Hopefully he can get healthy and play

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
fukking Jamo is suspended 6 games for gambling. He’s starting to seem like our first miss based on character concerns. This kid is a bozo. Holmes and Campbell have been saying things without saying them about him for a minute.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm officially done defending Jamo. I didn't care about the other stuff and felt there was this weird racial aspect (ie a lot of white fans who don't like him due to the way he looks and talks, compared to other black players we typically have) and while I still believe that...I have to question your intelligence and commitment to football now. I don't know what his exact salary is but he's prob going to make 3-6mil this season (or was before the suspension). He got a big signing bonus last year. Why the fukk are you gambling at the facility? Why the fukk are you gambling at all? He trained this offseason with Calvin Ridley, who also went to Bama and got suspended an entire YEAR. How the fukk do you operate like this knowing the consequence, and that you don't need the money?

I figured we'd draft a WR anyway but man, we might be looking at a 2nd or 3rd round one now. And I also think after this there is ZERO chance we draft Jalen Carter.....