Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I really do not want Carter. Everything about him screams bust to me but if Holmes takes him, I'll trust his opinion. :yeshrug:
I really don’t care at this point. I’m not passionate about this draft. For the first time ever I feel we’re good as constructed going into the draft, and we have two picks.

If Holmes wants to gamble on extremely high upside, cool. Take Carter or although unlikely, be aggressive and get Richardson. We can use 18 on a need.

I don’t care if we take 2 players that barely play this year and learn on the fly like Jamo. I’m cool with redshirts or a medical year.

I can’t think of a single thing that would have me irritated on draft day this year. We’re finally in a great place to be as a fanbase.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hey my Detroit fellas, would you take Lamar over Goff in the Lions offense ?

@djthegreat88 @Piff Perkins @Regular_P @IrateMastermind @winb83 @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @iceberg_is_on_fire @NormanConnors
I think Brad Holmes is right not to pursue Lamar. At the same time if it was my call I'd take my chances on Lamar. Holmes is trying to do it his way and the right way. I'd shoot for the shortcut. If I could give up both 2023 first rounders and Goff for Lamar in a trade I'd do it and hope he doesn't go down.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

@djthegreat88 @Piff Perkins @Regular_P @IrateMastermind @winb83 @Ed MOTHERfukkING G @iceberg_is_on_fire @NormanConnors
Of course Lamar is better but the price would be too steep. Two first rd picks and a new contract probably starting at $50 million a year. They just need to draft a real developmental QB in first two rounds. Whether it is Levis, Richardson, Hooker, McKee. Can’t go into season with Sudfield as primary backup again

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Of course Lamar is better but the price would be too steep. Two first rd picks and a new contract probably starting at $50 million a year. They just need to draft a real developmental QB in first two rounds. Whether it is Levis, Richardson, Hooker, McKee. Can’t go into season with Sudfield as primary backup again
It's to the point now where if you're gonna be an elite team you probably need to draft your own QB and have him have some success on his rookie deal. If you don't you're pulling a move that will more easily mortgage your future. Almost all the elite NFL teams have that drafted QB. You go out and get Lamar in a trade and in a few years you could be the Rams blowing it all up because you couldn't afford to hold it together.

Bad part for the Lions is this might be the last draft year they're bad enough to get a top level QB prospect. Unless they San Fran a diamond in the rough they're going to be stuck with Goff. The Rams really screwed them with a few of those wins. A top 4 pick would have got them one of those top tier QBs.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

No. I like Lamar a lot, I just don't think the risk is worth it. He's gonna cost a lot of money and misses a lot of games with injuries yearly. When I look at the cap over the next few years, there are a lot of guys we gotta pay soon. We can afford to pay them with Goff, even if he gets a 40mil/yr extension. The math doesn't work out if we're paying Lamar 50mil/yr.