Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm officially done defending Jamo. I didn't care about the other stuff and felt there was this weird racial aspect (ie a lot of white fans who don't like him due to the way he looks and talks, compared to other black players we typically have) and while I still believe that...I have to question your intelligence and commitment to football now. I don't know what his exact salary is but he's prob going to make 3-6mil this season (or was before the suspension). He got a big signing bonus last year. Why the fukk are you gambling at the facility? Why the fukk are you gambling at all? He trained this offseason with Calvin Ridley, who also went to Bama and got suspended an entire YEAR. How the fukk do you operate like this knowing the consequence, and that you don't need the money?

I figured we'd draft a WR anyway but man, we might be looking at a 2nd or 3rd round one now. And I also think after this there is ZERO chance we draft Jalen Carter.....
I agree with all your points up until Jalen Carter. I think we take him if he’s there.

As far as Jamo goes, he rolled his eyes when we drafted him and his body language told us how he felt about being here. Campbell mentioned he needed to l “do his part for rehab” last year. Now the gambling. He comes off as very immature and selfish. If I’m a player on the team I’m whooping his as as soon as we put pads on.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree with all your points up until Jalen Carter. I think we take him if he’s there.

As far as Jamo goes, he rolled his eyes when we drafted him and his body language told us how he felt about being here. Campbell mentioned he needed to l “do his part for rehab” last year. Now the gambling. He comes off as very immature and selfish. If I’m a player on the team I’m whooping his as as soon as we put pads on.

Oh I'd personally draft Carter if he's there, I'm saying I don't think Holmes will feel like he has the room to do it. To be fair, and this is something that leans towards your side....Holmes knew about this a month ago. Some staffers got fired a month ago due to this when the team learned the news. Which means Holmes' press conference yesterday, where he said he felt good about Carter after the meeting? It happened after he already knew about this. And yesterday he also said Shelia has never overruled him on drafting a player and he's not worried about that. So...yea.

We were always gonna draft an X receiver to replace Chark long term (Marvin Jones is short term). I just wonder if we do it earlier now.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Jalin Hyatt would be the perfect add of a guy providing something that’s not on the team already to the WR position

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

The hypocrisy. NFLPA better appeal this mess.

Yeah, I saw he got knocked for betting on college games while in an NFL facility. If he did it in the parking lot, he would have been fine.

Dudes losing their minds in here like he (and the other guys) did something nefarious. This bullshyt better get reduced, especially when the league is shoving gambling ads down our throats every commercial break and promo spot, plus every sports podcast.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Jalin Hyatt would be the perfect add of a guy providing something that’s not on the team already to the WR position
He's prob a second round guy. 3rd round could be AT Perry. The guy I really wanted all along is Jonathan Mingo who might be a 3rd or 4th round guy, dunno.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I saw he got knocked for betting on college games while in an NFL facility. If he did it in the parking lot, he would have been fine.

Dudes losing their minds in here like he (and the other guys) did something nefarious. This bullshyt better get reduced, especially when the league is shoving gambling ads down our throats every commercial break and promo spot, plus every sports podcast.
After I saw what it actually was I don't think too much of it either. Jameson definitely need to learn to move smarter, but this a small blip that don't register on the character issue scale imo.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Could definitely see them drafting WR early. Wouldnt mind JSN with pick 18 or even Kincaid as receiving TE.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Could definitely see them drafting WR early. Wouldnt mind JSN with pick 18 or even Kincaid as receiving TE.
It's not that drastic imo. Lot of talk about only one WR going in the first round, if that now. You can get multiple big receivers in the 2nd-4th rounds. Cedric Tillman, AT Perry, Jonathan Mingo etc all 2nd-4th round picks. Lions have also met with Jayden Reed from MSU.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It's not that drastic imo. Lot of talk about only one WR going in the first round, if that now. You can get multiple big receivers in the 2nd-4th rounds. Cedric Tillman, AT Perry, Jonathan Mingo etc all 2nd-4th round picks. Lions have also met with Jayden Reed from MSU.
Can’t start season with old Marvin Jones as #2 WR. Lion fans don’t want to hear it but there are premium TE prospects in this draft worthy of first rd pick. Kincaid would make all the sense in the world. Pure pass catching TE.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

The hypocrisy. NFLPA better appeal this mess.

Nobody in here acting like he did something nefarious. We are in here acting like he did something easily avoidable and selfish. If you don't see it like that, you need to look again.

Secondly, these rules are in place. Arguing the commercials for gambling is a reason he should have his suspension reduced is stupid. That's like the concessions staff arguing they should be able to drink beer at work because the NFL shows those ads. If they want the rule changed, fine. that needs to be negotiated. Until then, players need to know and obey the rules.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Can’t start season with old Marvin Jones as #2 WR. Lion fans don’t want to hear it but there are premium TE prospects in this draft worthy of first rd pick. Kincaid would make all the sense in the world. Pure pass catching TE.
I'd rather have Washington(?) from GA. We're trying to be bullies he's better in that regard.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd rather have Washington(?) from GA. We're trying to be bullies he's better in that regard.

Agreed 100%. He's not the best pass catcher but can learn. Best blocking TE in the draft and would take the run game to another level. Especially without Jameson for 6 games, that could be very valuable. I've seen him falling in mock drafts and he's there at 48 I take him no questions asked.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lions better not draft Witherspoon at 6. Especially if Stroud or Richardson are there. It’ll be Okudah all over again when Tua and Herbert were available. Drafting a CB that probably won’t even start makes it even worse and CB probably deepest position in this draft.

It’s looking like

Car- Young
Hou- Wilson/Levis
Ari- Wilson/Anderson
Indy- Richardson/Stroud/Levis
Sea-Carter/Richardson

Not sure teams really want to trade up in this draft. Not giving up a haul to get Anderson or Wilson. See why Chicago was okay trading down

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lions better not draft Witherspoon at 6. Especially if Stroud or Richardson are there. It’ll be Okudah all over again when Tua and Herbert were available. Drafting a CB that probably won’t even start makes it even worse and CB probably deepest position in this draft.

It’s looking like

Car- Young
Hou- Wilson/Levis
Ari- Wilson/Anderson
Indy- Richardson/Stroud/Levis
Sea-Carter/Richardson

Not sure teams really want to trade up in this draft. Not giving up a haul to get Anderson or Wilson. See why Chicago was okay trading down
Depends for me. It seems like Wilson, Anderson, or Carter will fall to 6 and each would be a no brainer. But the worst case scenario is Houston goes defense, Arizona goes defense (instead of trading the pick) and Seattle takes whichever of those three is left. At that point would I be mad at taking Witherspoon? Not at all. He’s really good.

By the same token would I be mad if we took a QB in that position? No. And I wouldn’t be mad about trading down either. Basically in my mind if Houston takes a QB we can all breath a sigh of relief knowing we’re guaranteed one of Wilson/Anderson/Carter.