Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Depends for me. It seems like Wilson, Anderson, or Carter will fall to 6 and each would be a no brainer. But the worst case scenario is Houston goes defense, Arizona goes defense (instead of trading the pick) and Seattle takes whichever of those three is left. At that point would I be mad at taking Witherspoon? Not at all. He’s really good.

By the same token would I be mad if we took a QB in that position? No. And I wouldn’t be mad about trading down either. Basically in my mind if Houston takes a QB we can all breath a sigh of relief knowing we’re guaranteed one of Wilson/Anderson/Carter.
If they do go CB id rather have Gonzalez. Witherspoon undersized and overly physical CB. He’ll be an injury prone penalty magnet

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What you need to know: I’ve heard, like Seattle, the Lions had a good meeting with Carter. A mess of rival teams believe he’s going to be a real consideration in this spot. If Carter’s gone, or even otherwise, Witherspoon—seen as a strong fit for both Dan Campbell’s program and Aaron Glenn’s defense—is another player that’s been connected to Detroit pretty consistently over the last few weeks. As for the second of its picks, a move up for a quarterback shouldn’t be ruled out (the Lions did all the work), and I’ve heard running back would be a consideration too. So No. 18 could wind up being the floor for Robinson. (Also, for what it’s worth, I’ve heard the Lions have already made calls on trading down from No. 18).

Sounds like Seattle is gonna take Carter unless they go QB. Given the news about the Lions visit going well with Carter, it's worth noting that was after Brad Holmes/front office already knew about the gambling stuff. So seems like that hasn't deterred the Lions from looking at a guy with character concerns. But of course if Seattle takes him it's a moot point.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

People complaining about social media. Jesus. The guy seems like a dumbass but he's 22. He hasn't broken the law or done anything crazy like, you know, illegally raced his car with a teammate who crashed and died. Like the guy many Lions fans (including me) still want to draft.

I'm not going to defend a guy who clearly doesn't give a fukk, but I won't shyt on him until I see him on the field. I have a feeling he's gonna be great. If he finishes the season with 600-700+ yards, scores some TDs, and this team does what we expect it to do, none of us will care about this event. But if he comes out dropping passes and pouting about not getting the ball then yes we'll have a conversation. I'm expecting him to have a really good, albeit abbreviated, season.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
People complaining about social media. Jesus. The guy seems like a dumbass but he's 22. He hasn't broken the law or done anything crazy like, you know, illegally raced his car with a teammate who crashed and died. Like the guy many Lions fans (including me) still want to draft.

I'm not going to defend a guy who clearly doesn't give a fukk, but I won't shyt on him until I see him on the field. I have a feeling he's gonna be great. If he finishes the season with 600-700+ yards, scores some TDs, and this team does what we expect it to do, none of us will care about this event. But if he comes out dropping passes and pouting about not getting the ball then yes we'll have a conversation. I'm expecting him to have a really good, albeit abbreviated, season.
I ain’t watch the vid but anyone upset with him has reason to be. His play can change opinions but until he gets on the field people who are sour on him will remain sour.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Last few hours I've seen swirling shyt about Bijan at 6, Stroud at 6, an offensive tackle at 6 etc etc. Holmes and them have done a great job ensuring nobody knows what we're gonna do. And so much of it boils down to what Houston and Arizona do.

Nightmare scenario: Houston takes Wilson, Arizona takes Anderson. Seattle is taking Jalen Carter according to all the reports so we'd be strike out on the lineman and be left with a CB or trading down.

Dream scenario #1: Houston takes Wilson, Arizona trades the pick to a QB-needy team, Indy goes QB, Seattle takes Will Anderson. Jalen Carter falls to the Lions.

Dream scenario #2: Houston takes Wilson, Arizona trades the pick to a QB-needy team, Indy goes QB, Seattle takes Jalen Carter. Will Anderson falls to the Lions.

Basically I'm hoping Houston doesn't take a QB to ensure Stroud and Anthony Richardson are still there. Makes it more likely Arizona will trade the pick to someone who wants them.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'd be stunned if they took a QB at six. All the free agency moves point to going for it this season.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Just don’t want Witherspoon at 6. CB isn’t good value in this draft in top 10. Pick a developmental CB like Ringo or Cam Smith in rd two. Not 6 overall

One of Carter, Anderson, Wilson, Stroud, Richardson will be there. Good with any of them at 6. Ari taking a tackle would help alot.
Hou goes Wilson
Ari Paris Johnson
Indy Levis
Sea Carter
Det-Anderson? Stroud?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I predict Richardson or Stroud at 6
They trade down from 18 and pick WR or TE. Quentin Johnson or Michael Mayer.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
My only two wishes are they don't take Nick Fairley 2.0 at six or a TE at 18. I trust the process beyond that. :yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Only thing I don't want is a TE in the first round or picking Van Ness anywhere.

In terms of some of the guys I'd love, outside of pick 6 territory...

Keeanu Benton DT
Brodric Martin DT/NT
Deonte Banks CB
Jartavius Martin CB
Sydney Brown S
Zach Charbonnett RB
Israel Abanikanda RB
Tyjae Spears RB
Jonathan Mingo WR
AT Perry WR
Bryce Ford-Wheaton
Darnell Washington TE