Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how I feel, but we did need a legitimate backup, in case Goff got hurt, I believe Goff is the better QB, and I think he is still our number 1 for sure! I just hope Cam comes in and understands he's the backup QB, nothing else!

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

The more I look at him and read...I think he'd be a great 5th or 6th round pick. We all know that late round QBs usually don't end up being anything but if I'm gonna take a shot on somebody it has to be someone with potential. It's basically a lottery ticket. You get two years to develop somebody and determine whether they can start or not. If it works, you can potentially let Goff walk. Aidan O'Connell is another late round guy I like.

Plus with Thompson-Robinson it gives you the ability to practice against a mobile QB, to prep for Chicago.

• Dap
Reactions: XII

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I'm fine with that, and would even take a 4th round pick since we don't have one. I think Okudah could still end up being good and while he played well at times last season, he's run out of time. Plus I'm not sure what the point of having him on the roster will be next season when Sutton and Mosley will clearly start. I'd rather have a rookie in that room, learning and preparing to potentially take over for Mosley in 2024.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

I'm fine with that, and would even take a 4th round pick since we don't have one. I think Okudah could still end up being good and while he played well at times last season, he's run out of time. Plus I'm not sure what the point of having him on the roster will be next season when Sutton and Mosley will clearly start. I'd rather have a rookie in that room, learning and preparing to potentially take over for Mosley in 2024.

i didnt trust him in the first place :sitdown:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I’m surprised we could get a third for him :skip:

If that’s the haul, cool. Move him. If not, don’t.

I don’t understand why we NEED to move on from him. We aren’t bumping up against the salary cap and depth isn’t a bad thing.

I think it’s premature to feel the NEED to move on. If he’s 4th on the depth chart, so be it. He still has the potential to turn things around. I’d ride it out with him until there was a NEED to cut him. But like I said earlier, if we can get a third, I understand moving on.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Okuda went to the falcons for a fifth this year, I don’t get it :yeshrug:
He wasn’t a Holmes pick. He cost too much and they weren’t picking up his option. Also opens up roster spot if the go CB early in draft. Another Quinn/Patricia failure. Still think he could be a decent box safety. But playing CB after achillies tear is rough

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Sounds good to me. We were gonna draft a CB this month whether we kept Okudah or not and the depth at that position made him expendable given the cost.

Holmes has a lot of flexibility to trade up now. Multiple 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 6th round picks.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Tyree Wilson moving up draft boards, I could def see Will Anderson falling to 6 if four QBs get drafted 1-4. I think the first pick for us is gonna be Will Andrson, Tyree Wilson, or Devon Witherspoon. I don't think we take Jalen Carter...