Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive

Why did Detroit sign Montgomery for the same AAV when Sanders is a better player?

I think at this point we know the kind of players Brad and Dan like. Stats aside, Montgomery comes off as the tougher player and is more of a yang to swift than miles is. Im sure the broken tackles metric was important to Ben and DC as they mentioned it many times last season.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Lion fans are embarrassing at times

Poll on Woodward sport asking whos better player: Lamar Jackson or Goff and Goff is leading 61% to 39% :snoop:

Lamar on Lions makes them superbowl contenders. Goff on Raven and there in Caleb Williams sweepstakes. Goff is in perfect situation. Crazy lions fans don’t see his limitations

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dude only played 11 games and had 500 yards. I don't know what he's expecting. It isn't like he has a track record of monster production.

I assume we gotta sign somebody if he leaves. Jamo will be WR1, St Brown in the slot but I assume we'll need a #2 on the outside. Doubt they want to draft a #2 but then again the team did meet with Quentin Johnson at the combine.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Poll on Woodward sport asking whos better player: Lamar Jackson or Goff and Goff is leading 61% to 39% :snoop:

Lamar on Lions makes them superbowl contenders. Goff on Raven and there in Caleb Williams sweepstakes. Goff is in perfect situation. Crazy lions fans don’t see his limitations
Lmao There’s no way Goff with a top ten defense, special teams, with Harbaugh is picking 1st in the draft

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I don’t think Goff is better than Jackson but I think the Lions are better off not going after Jackson and keeping Goff. Jackson cost too much and gets injured too much and as good as he’s been he hasn’t played in a Super Bowl even with the expectation that team should have made it at times.

The Rams already showed if you can have a great team Goff can be serviceable enough to get to the Super Bowl. Jackson is likely fools gold. His electrifying play keeps you in the conversation but his probable cap hit and injury status keep you on edge.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

We have our kicker

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Did they ask who’s the better player or who’s better for the lions?

Lamar’s the better player but I believe the polls reflect who’s better for the lions.

I don’t think he makes us an instant contender because I don’t believe we can swap the two players without changing the offense to suite his skill set.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey brehs .....Rumors has it that his Agent was playing chicken with the Lions front office and screwed up and the Lions signed David Montgomery.

Lions offered Williams the same contract they gave Montgomery but I guess Williams and his agent wanted more than that, screwed himself and ended up getting a less deal with Saints. :snoop:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably was for the best. Got a newer model for close to the same.

David Montgomery is a better back though and if Swift can stay healthy for the whole season bro, we got a sweet ass back field.

Montgomery ran behind the Chicago o line and they had one of the worst o line in the season and he was still putting up good runs, just think him and Swift behind our OLine, we got one of the top 5 lined in the league

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
David Montgomery is a better back though and if Swift can stay healthy for the whole season bro, we got a sweet ass back field.

Montgomery ran behind the Chicago o line and they had one of the worst o line in the season and he was still putting up good runs, just think him and Swift behind our OLine, we got one of the top 5 lined in the league
I think Monty is a good back and will have a solid year behind the Lions OL, but I’ve seen this talking point a few times from Lions fans that the Bears had a terrible OL. The Bears rated as one of the best run blocking units in the league last season. Pass protection is what dragged them down, hence leading the NFL in sacks given up. Monty is a nice all around guy but he lacks burst, and Herbert was undoubtedly a better rusher than he was last season. Monty can catch out of the backfield tho and is good in pass pro. I don’t think the OL held him back, his lack of burst does. Dude can break tackles with the best of them though and that’s where he makes up for lack of top end burst/speed. Personally I think he’s a solid back, I think the Bears won’t miss a beat with Foreman replacing him at less cost though, he’s also arguably a better pure rusher

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Facts