Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I’m with you. I didn’t see a can’t miss prospect but the only can’t miss prospect I see is a RB and no one wants to take him that high. I feel like drafting on potential to complete our defensive line is worth it considering we have an extra pic in the first.

With his weight concerns and immaturity, I can easily see him getting paid and turning into Aaron Gibson.
Personally, I would wait for the second first to go after Bijan because if he's not there at that point, I think Charbonnet will be a beast as well and they can probably get him in the second.

I know you're a big Bijan guy though.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
A DB in the first round can still be at play. Mosely is coming off ACL surgery. Who knows if he get hurts again.

We have so many options at play so I'm not gonna guesstimate what we will do.

I trust Holmes to make the right choice

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I can't support this. Jamaal was the heart of the team and if he could be resigned on a friendly deal, the team could have simply drafted someone in the 2nd or 3rd round to eventually be the guy. So many really good RBs in this draft. Yikes.

That being said, I can def imagine how thing works on the field. He's a good back and will be a weapon behind our o-line. He also can catch out the backfield similar to Swift but without the injury concerns. That definitely helps but man. I get that they're going for it all and probably don't want to rely on a rookie but this is such a deep class man.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I can't support this. Jamaal was the heart of the team and if he could be resigned on a friendly deal, the team could have simply drafted someone in the 2nd or 3rd round to eventually be the guy. So many really good RBs in this draft. Yikes.

That being said, I can def imagine how thing works on the field. He's a good back and will be a weapon behind our o-line. He also can catch out the backfield similar to Swift but without the injury concerns. That definitely helps but man. I get that they're going for it all and probably don't want to rely on a rookie but this is such a deep class man.
Jamaal trying to get paid. RB shelf life is so short. He lead NFL in TDs last year. Don’t blame him for trying to cashing out. While Lions will miss his lockerroom presence Montgomery is probably a better player.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Jamaal trying to get paid. RB shelf life is so short. He lead NFL in TDs last year. Don’t blame him for trying to cashing out. While Lions will miss his lockerroom presence Montgomery is probably a better player.
This. Hate to see Jamaal go but it might all be for the best. He will probably forever go down as one of those Lions fan favorites for what he did this season, starting with the Hard Knocks speech. Detroit always fukk wit whoever fukk wit us, regardless of how long they were here.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Is this guy even good? He's averaging 3.9 ypc for his career. Would much rather draft Bijan or Charbonnet.
It’s hard to be good on the bears with trubisky and fields with no WR’s. I think what he did on that team is admirable.

He’ll have our line and receivers. If he’s filling Williams role he’s an upgrade. If he’s the feature, we fukked up.

I believe we can still draft Bijan or another back because we can’t rely on swift to be our featured back for 17 weeks. I see the new back in swifts role and Montgomery in Williams role. If that happens, the RB room in 2024 is a lot cheaper and it allows us to resign our young talent.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Zeke is possibly getting released today. What’s done is done but do you feel he’s an upgrade over Williams and Montgomery or is he “just a name” at this point in his career?