Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He told us this much. I believe he’d pass on Anderson. His quote was something like he doesn’t believe in drafting lbs in the first rd because he can get better value later. Hopefully he’s willing to make an exception this year.

He was talking about off ball LBs so he'd still take Will Anderson who is basically an edge rusher you'd start opposite of Hutch. Holmes is on record saying the 4th-6th round are the sweet spots for what he wants athletically from a LB.

With the Sutton signing I'm starting to think we don't go CB at 6. Tyree Wilson or Will Anderson if they fall, or trade down. Honestly I wouldn't be stunned if we go WR in the draft either. I'm guessing Chark isn't coming back right?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
He was talking about off ball LBs so he'd still take Will Anderson who is basically an edge rusher you'd start opposite of Hutch. Holmes is on record saying the 4th-6th round are the sweet spots for what he wants athletically from a LB.

With the Sutton signing I'm starting to think we don't go CB at 6. Tyree Wilson or Will Anderson if they fall, or trade down. Honestly I wouldn't be stunned if we go WR in the draft either. I'm guessing Chark isn't coming back right?
We better not go WR in this draft unless it’s 6th or 7th rd.

The way things are looking I’m down to trade back far enough to get bijan. I also like Kancey. He might be what we hoped Levi would be. I don’t see carter or Anderson falling to us.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I thought he was trying to stay out west, close to family
Oh, I didn't know that. I just wanted an upgrade from Anzalone, man. Sounds like he's a great locker room/culture guy but he isn't that good, imo. Feel like he's always chasing plays.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh, I didn't know that. I just wanted an upgrade from Anzalone, man. Sounds like he's a great locker room/culture guy but he isn't that good, imo. Feel like he's always chasing plays.
It was a report, who knows if it’s true.

As for AA, I’m with you. I thought we’d stick to prove it deals but upgrade from him. There’s still time but I don’t know who the upgrade is. Devin Bush?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Dude dropped 3/4 picks in these highlights and seemed to get away with early contact 😂 but he moves well and seems to be great at coming off his man to help with another. He looks like a good addition.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We better not go WR in this draft unless it’s 6th or 7th rd.

The way things are looking I’m down to trade back far enough to get bijan. I also like Kancey. He might be what we hoped Levi would be. I don’t see carter or Anderson falling to us.

The interesting thing about the Levi/McNeill draft is that Holmes thought Levi was a 3 tech and McNeill would be a NT. Last season one of the things that improved the defense midway was moving McNeill to 3 tech, and letting Buggs/Jones clog the line at NT. I'd imagine the d-line picks Holmes makes in the draft will focus on keeping McNeill at 3 tech, meaning I think we pass on Kancey in the first round. I'd have no issue taking him and rotating him and McNeill (plus they could both be on the field for 3rd down passing situations) but I think we're gonna focus on finding another NT. Buggs played a lot of snaps last season, often 40+ a game. Drafting someone like Mazi Smith from Michigan or Keeanu Benton from Wisconsin in the second round would lighten his load and keep the line fresh.

Not sure what I'd do at 6 if CB is off the table now. Assuming Arizona trades the third pick, it's likely only one defensive player goes before us (to Seattle at 5). Passing up on Jalen Carter would kill me man. You put him alongside McNeill and the line is set...

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Probably takes Seattle out of running for Carter. Lions better not pass on most talented player in class because he likes speeding. Better hire that boy a driver

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The interesting thing about the Levi/McNeill draft is that Holmes thought Levi was a 3 tech and McNeill would be a NT. Last season one of the things that improved the defense midway was moving McNeill to 3 tech, and letting Buggs/Jones clog the line at NT. I'd imagine the d-line picks Holmes makes in the draft will focus on keeping McNeill at 3 tech, meaning I think we pass on Kancey in the first round. I'd have no issue taking him and rotating him and McNeill (plus they could both be on the field for 3rd down passing situations) but I think we're gonna focus on finding another NT. Buggs played a lot of snaps last season, often 40+ a game. Drafting someone like Mazi Smith from Michigan or Keeanu Benton from Wisconsin in the second round would lighten his load and keep the line fresh.

Not sure what I'd do at 6 if CB is off the table now. Assuming Arizona trades the third pick, it's likely only one defensive player goes before us (to Seattle at 5). Passing up on Jalen Carter would kill me man. You put him alongside McNeill and the line is set...

Probably takes Seattle out of running for Carter. Lions better not pass on most talented player in class because he likes speeding. Better hire that boy a driver
Rumor was carter could be facing 2 years. If he’s there at 6 and his legal issues are behind him, he’s the obvious pick. If not, I’d have to pass on him.

@Piff Perkins good observations.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Rumor was carter could be facing 2 years. If he’s there at 6 and his legal issues are behind him, he’s the obvious pick. If not, I’d have to pass on him.

@Piff Perkins good observations.

Gonna be sick to my stomach if we pass on Carter and he ends up in Chicago. Nightmare scenario for the next decade. Obviously if the legal stuff is a problem I get we'd pass on him and he'll fall out the top ten, but if he's clear and the interviews are fine...you gotta take him. Am I concerned about his judgement? YES. I saw the vid of him getting stopped by a cop months before the crash. The cop basically begged him to stop doing dumb shyt and he didn't listen.

I got a feeling Campbell would cut through the bullshyt and ask him some very clear, simple questions about decision making and Carter wouldn't be able to pass the test. That's my fear.

If we pass on Carter, assuming Seattle takes Will Anderson...I guess you go with Tyree Wilson?