Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Someone still has to explain this Jalen Carter hype to me. He never stood out to me whenever I watched Georgia and his stats are nothing like Suh/Donald in college.

Jordan Davis and Travon Walker had a bunch of hype last year and they didn't do much as rookies. What am I missing?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Someone still has to explain this Jalen Carter hype to me. He never stood out to me whenever I watched Georgia and his stats are nothing like Suh/Donald in college.

Jordan Davis and Travon Walker had a bunch of hype last year and they didn't do much as rookies. What am I missing?
Carter was the best player on that line when Davis and Walker were still at Georgia. Just a physical freak. Perfect blend of size, strength, quickness for the position. Problem at Georgia was his gas tank/endurance. The way Georgia uses lineman none of them will put up great stats

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Carter was the best player on that line when Davis and Walker were still at Georgia. Just a physical freak. Perfect blend of size, strength, quickness for the position. Problem at Georgia was his gas tank/endurance. The way Georgia uses lineman none of them will put up great stats
The problem is, they aren't putting up stats after getting to the NFL either.

If he isn't in shape in college, plus he has questionable off the field habits, why would that change in the NFL? That doesn't like a guy Holmes and Campbell would want.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

If he isn't in shape in college, plus he has questionable off the field habits, why would that change in the NFL? That doesn't like a guy Holmes and Campbell would want.
Davis was a run stopper that blew up combine. Walker had no business going before Hutch or Kayvon. He was definition of raw

But Talent is talent :yeshrug:. He’s the best not QB on majority of draft boards I see.

That 3 technique position is probably Lions biggest hole on defense right now. Lions get no rush from interior line.

Don’t think Holmes and Campbell are choir boys. There football guys. If Carter is special talent you don’t pass on him. Could be the next Randy Moss

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I’m with you. I didn’t see a can’t miss prospect but the only can’t miss prospect I see is a RB and no one wants to take him that high. I feel like drafting on potential to complete our defensive line is worth it considering we have an extra pic in the first.

With his weight concerns and immaturity, I can easily see him getting paid and turning into Aaron Gibson.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Carter would shine in an NFL rotation, like what we have. He can play anywhere on the line so we which would help keep him and McNeill/Buggs fresh, plus Cominsky and Paschal got snaps inside at times too. It's a perfect fit...

Georgia's pro day is tomorrow so we'll get some news. I assume the Lions staff will be there regardless of whether we're targeting him or not. Will be very interesting to see if Brad Holmes or Campbell shows up, like they did for Michigan's pro day last year (Hutch).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Bijan it is, it’s settled :lolbron:

If we take Jalen Carter at 6 I'd be fine taking Bijan at 18. You get the defacto best player in the draft (Carter), anything else you do in the first round is a luxury. Outside of that scenario I gotta say no because you can get an RB who probably puts up similar numbers next season in the 2nd-4th rounds.

If Holmes is thinking about max level Goff, you gotta think back to the Gurley years where the RPO game was unstoppable. If you do that with Bijan you take the offense to another level. It's a good argument, I get it. Regardless of which direction we go in we all agree that relying on Swift is over. If there's one scenario I see where this team under performs or fukks up next season it's gonna be de to him playing 8-10 games again and hurting the run game/RPO.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
We haven’t released any of our vets that everyone thought would be cap casualties. Okwara, Vatai, Harris are all still here. That would be some crazy depth on dline if there healthy

Bijan seems like a luxury pick. I feel like Swift gonna have monster contract year. Id rather go WR than RB at 18. Addison or Q Johnson if they lose Chark

They should honestly trade down if no QB there