Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Are we off Jackson entirely? I know what I said earlier but I’d be lying if I said I’d be upset if we got him. The same is true for if we took Richardson. This is a weird position to be in.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Our dreams of getting Ramsey is dead, he's going to the Dolphins.

Report: Jalen Ramsey Traded to Dolphins from Rams for 3rd-Round Pick, TE Hunter Long | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

I feel like we could've done better than this but the dolphins still have to pay him. No telling how much he'll demand.
Also the fact that Ramsay had some control of where he went, and no one is coming to Detroit over Miami. I hope people don't throw a fit over this.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There is no chance in hell Lamar agrees to play for Detroit. I don't even think Detroit wants him considering the mess it would make with Goff. Not saying I wouldn't do it but I doubt it's even realistic.
Detroit is one of his preferred destinations

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Eve of free agency. Gotta say the Bears trade has me concerned. Massive rebuilds don't always work but Chicago has the money, draft picks, and QB to pull it off like Jacksonville did last season. I'm not sure the Lions can afford to sit back and do nothing again, if the goal is to contend. Not saying we need the top FAs but there are a couple positions where getting A Guy can help immensely, and give us more flexibility in the draft. If you don't think a CB at 6 helps you win, maybe you go get one of the better CBs in FA and draft your CB at 18 (or the second round). Bringing in a vet LB to replace Anzalone would make sense, if he chases the bag elsewhere. Getting a starting NT could be smart.

The last fukking thing I want is Chicago beefing up in FA and then drafting Jalen Carter at 9.
Until Fields shows he can throw the ball at NFL level Im not worried about Bears. Fields is an electric runner and thats it so far. Claypool was invincible for them at WR because Fields can’t throw. Honestly thought they should have drafted Young or Stroud and traded Fields. They better hope whoever Car drafts doesn’t become a superstar

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'd still like to see them go after Bobby Wagner. He was second team All-Pro last year so he isn't washed yet. I don't want to watch Anzalone in the middle anymore.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
No clue what to do at 6 now. Do not want a CB. Super deep class. No one single player sticks out

Anderson or Carter may be available. Lions aren’t known to take character risk so probably no Carter. Anderson is possible. But don’t think Colts necessarily settle for 4th QB. So Indy, Ari, Sea all could take Anderson

Think if one of 4 QBs is there lions pick one. Probable Levis. He seems like a Campbell kind of guy :yeshrug:

Wouldn’t mind the Lineman from NW either. Play him at RG and when Decker contract is up, move Sewell to LT and Storonski to RT

Hopefully they target linebacker in FA. Splurge a little. Tremaine Edwards would be perfect. We haven’t had a linebacker that could cover anyone since Levy. And one vet starting CB. Id bring Slay back for one year atleast

Looks like Jamaal Williams might get too expensive. Love his leadership/character but he’s very replaceable on field

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

FrHfiQ6WIAQsTJZ

Secondary immediately improved. Jacobs could start alongside him or a rookie could.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Holmes really don’t give a fukk about linebacker position.

He told us this much. I believe he’d pass on Anderson. His quote was something like he doesn’t believe in drafting lbs in the first rd because he can get better value later. Hopefully he’s willing to make an exception this year.