Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Brockers cut, frees up 10mil

Aaron Glenn officially back

Everyone expected Brockers to be cut, and it sounds like both camps are happy. Good for him. Now we see what happens with Okwara, Charles Harris, and Vaitai.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I’ll send them the two 2nd rd picks :yeshrug:

Not many teams can absorb that contract and still give decent compensation

Him and Bobby Wagner would be godsends for the defense. They'd have a real path to the Super Bowl if they added those two along with another quality draft plus a training camp for Jamo.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Looks like Richardson going top 5. Could have 4 QBs go before 6. Carter or Anderson would be available at 6. Luck out 3 years in row getting premium lineman

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

There is no chance in hell Lamar agrees to play for Detroit. I don't even think Detroit wants him considering the mess it would make with Goff. Not saying I wouldn't do it but I doubt it's even realistic.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
There is no chance in hell Lamar agrees to play for Detroit. I don't even think Detroit wants him considering the mess it would make with Goff. Not saying I wouldn't do it but I doubt it's even realistic.
Lamar liked multiple tweets about Lions during season :yeshrug:
Don’t see why he wouldn’t sign in Detroit. Elite Oline, quality run game, multiple WR threats. Ben Johnson would be the best o coordinator he ever had. Very weak NFC North. Lions would run away with division

Trade 18 and first next year. Just crazy front load contract to keep flexibility. Ship Goff wherever to recoup your lost draft picks. Can probably easily get an early second for whoever strikes out on Rodgers, Jummy G, and top 4 QBs in draft. They can also always trade down from six and get even more picks

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lamar liked multiple tweets about Lions during season :yeshrug:
Don’t see why he wouldn’t sign in Detroit. Elite Oline, quality run game, multiple WR threats. Ben Johnson would be the best o coordinator he ever had. Very weak NFC North. Lions would run away with division

Trade 18 and first next year. Just crazy front load contract to keep flexibility. Ship Goff wherever to recoup your lost draft picks. Can probably easily get an early second for whoever strikes out on Rodgers, Jummy G, and top 4 QBs in draft. They can also always trade down from six and get even more picks
The Lions problem was defense. To sign Jackson that's a lot to commit to offense and it's basically betting that Jackson can win them a Super Bowl. It's going to hamper their ability to improve the defense. The Lions are probably better off sticking with Goff and fixing their defense. If they want another QB maybe they can draft one if somebody falls.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
The Lions problem was defense. To sign Jackson that's a lot to commit to offense and it's basically betting that Jackson can win them a Super Bowl. It's going to hamper their ability to improve the defense. The Lions are probably better off sticking with Goff and fixing their defense. If they want another QB maybe they can draft one if somebody falls.
Not really. FA hasn’t even started. Lions still have #6 pick, and 2 second rd picks to fill holes

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why would you trade for a QB who has missed significant time with injuries, and likely requires some offense reworks, for a team that has multiple holes and not enough cap space to fill them? The team is building through the draft, they aren't handing off 1st round picks for this guy. And def not giving him a guaranteed contract with multiple guys lined up for big deals in the coming years (Penei, St Brown, etc). It makes zero sense and isn't going to happen.

You put Jackson on this team, get 12-13 games from him and we maybe win 9 games again and miss the playoffs.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
QBs going 1-4 in draft. Arizona gonna get a haul to move out of 3. Lions should be in position to get Anderson or Carter

Slay on the block. Hopefully Lions can bring him back or get Ramsey. Don’t want to draft a CB high. They take too long to develop. The CBs in this draft are not comparable to last year with Sauce and Stingley

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Eve of free agency. Gotta say the Bears trade has me concerned. Massive rebuilds don't always work but Chicago has the money, draft picks, and QB to pull it off like Jacksonville did last season. I'm not sure the Lions can afford to sit back and do nothing again, if the goal is to contend. Not saying we need the top FAs but there are a couple positions where getting A Guy can help immensely, and give us more flexibility in the draft. If you don't think a CB at 6 helps you win, maybe you go get one of the better CBs in FA and draft your CB at 18 (or the second round). Bringing in a vet LB to replace Anzalone would make sense, if he chases the bag elsewhere. Getting a starting NT could be smart.

The last fukking thing I want is Chicago beefing up in FA and then drafting Jalen Carter at 9.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Eve of free agency. Gotta say the Bears trade has me concerned. Massive rebuilds don't always work but Chicago has the money, draft picks, and QB to pull it off like Jacksonville did last season. I'm not sure the Lions can afford to sit back and do nothing again, if the goal is to contend. Not saying we need the top FAs but there are a couple positions where getting A Guy can help immensely, and give us more flexibility in the draft. If you don't think a CB at 6 helps you win, maybe you go get one of the better CBs in FA and draft your CB at 18 (or the second round). Bringing in a vet LB to replace Anzalone would make sense, if he chases the bag elsewhere. Getting a starting NT could be smart.

The last fukking thing I want is Chicago beefing up in FA and then drafting Jalen Carter at 9.
I like the way they've handled free agency in the past, and I hope they continue the trend of prove-it deals. I don't mind if they grab a guy, but I don't want to get back to winning free agency.

If "the guy" wants to come here and be part of the rebuild for less than market value, cool, but if they're demanding top dollar I'd pass. I'm down for trades and things like that but you can never tell who's gonna stay hungry after they get their money.