Official 2022-2023 Atlanta Hawks season thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
@Sly Cookin brought up an interesting scenario but what do y’all want to happen between now and the trade deadline?

I’m with trading JC, I’d love to trade Hunter as well. I’ve been slow on the fire Nate piece b/c IDK who on the bench is capable to guide you the rest of the season but even though I like Nate a change is sorely needed.

This just isn’t a good product most nights and they should be better based on how much has been spent on the roster and the talent on the roster

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Sly Cookin brought up an interesting scenario but what do y’all want to happen between now and the trade deadline?

I’m with trading JC, I’d love to trade Hunter as well. I’ve been slow on the fire Nate piece b/c IDK who on the bench is capable to guide you the rest of the season but even though I like Nate a change is sorely needed.

This just isn’t a good product most nights and they should be better based on how much has been spent on the roster and the talent on the roster
What can you do tho :to:

What coach can you get

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What can you do tho :to:

What coach can you get

There’s just so much shyt to sift through IDK, franchise is low key in a fukked up position

-Schlenk was fired (“stepped down” to be a family man), Landry Fields is running all of basketball ops now
-Trae and Nate have beefed since last season
-Players don’t like Trae (kinda been that way since he was a rookie)
-Team has no on the court leadership (Bob Rathbun said it recently that Trae isn’t built to be a leader…I don’t know who else on this team you would say is the leader

I think Nate needs to go now but I just feel like things will fall apart quickly b/c there’s a vacuum of leadership within the organization right now. Part of me thinks just play it out and reassess coaching after the season

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

I just seen us go toe to toe with the hottest team in the league without Trae, let’s be honest Trae is the problem, I know we’re not goin to trade him but he’s definitely the problem right now at least with Nate McMillan as the HC he is

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I just seen us go toe to toe with the hottest team in the league without Trae, let’s be honest Trae is the problem, I know we’re not goin to trade him but he’s definitely the problem right now at least with Nate McMillan as the HC he is

Even if that were true they’re not trading Trae unless he says I’m not playing here anymore

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I was at the game. How do you not call timeout?:dahell:

Nate McMillan on the final play: "They missed and I wanted our guys to go .... I had two timeouts and I could have called timeout. You want to catch them in transition. It's a 1-point game. You want to see if you can get down before their defense gets set."

Inexcusable. I want a new HC and new players on this team ASAP

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I was at the game. How do you not call timeout?:dahell:

I was there too, came up on some half court seats for me and me nephew in the Players Club AFTER tipoff lmao. This was my first game in the "new" arena Terry Stotts was a few seats away, also saw Kyle Korver, Landry Fields, Stephen Jackson and all the random Atlanta celebs you see at primetime games

But I agree with not callin timeout, dont let them get their defense set, just go and hopefully get a good shot or draw a foul.

This team is weird, we play competitive ball without our best players against the hottest team in the league. But throw up a dud against inferior teams like Indiana and Houston. This offense is stagnant, there was a stretch where Okongwu got the ball 4 or 5 possessions in a row, which is not ideal. I'm in the start fresh camp, let's see what a new coach and new core players can do

Last edited: