Official 2022-2023 Atlanta Hawks season thread

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Just disappointing after such a great start to that qtr.. That derozen overturn was bs.. fukk we can trade bogi tomorrow I've seen enough from AJ to slot him all those mins. We need a backup guard and big in the worst way

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
JC and hunter are just bodies at this point. Murray makes me nervous everytime he touches the ball. He can't get to the rim consistently, doesn't draw fouls.

AJ and bogi should've closed the game. The spacing would've helped Trae get downhill

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

If true cool, I’m over this shyt and if we need to move on Landry do what you need to do. Vibes have been off all year

If Trae feels that way, it's warranted. The coach is inept, the owner is afraid of the tax.

Trading Trae is probably the worst thing we could do. He is ATL. Best player we've had since nique

You have to make it work. Get an offensive minded coach and get better fitting talent

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
If Trae feels that way, it's warranted. The coach is inept, the owner is afraid of the tax.

Trading Trae is probably the worst thing we could do. He is ATL. Best player we've had since nique

You have to make it work. Get an offensive minded coach and get better fitting talent

He’s a great player no doubt but he doesn’t play defense, isn’t a leader, is about to chase Coach #2 out the door. Trae’s gotta own some of this shyt too it’s not just everyone else’s fault

BTW, Ressler is a super competitive owner and wants to win. He would pay to get into the tax for a team with a chance to win a title. This team was middling with Huerter last season, adding him to the mix to this year’s team would have a negligible difference

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He’s a great player no doubt but he doesn’t play defense, isn’t a leader, is about to chase Coach #2 out the door. Trae’s gotta own some of this shyt too it’s not just everyone else’s fault

BTW, Ressler is a super competitive owner and wants to win. He would pay to get into the tax for a team with a chance to win a title. This team was middling with Huerter last season, adding him to the mix to this year’s team would have a negligible difference
No PG in the league really plays defense. Ha stopping Steph from dropping 40? Steph stopping dame from scoring 40? We are lucky we don't have a passive Jeff teague type getting torched every night while he can't match the output.

The coach #2 thing is overblown. The front office even felt we had the disadvantage in the Miami series because Nate is incapable. He probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the ECF run.

Lloyd was POS. Confirmed by other players in the league.

We are a .500 ball club at the moment but we acting like we are a .300 ball club. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I wouldn't even trade Collins until I change coach. Can't properly grade our talent under this system. No more shyt trades like the Kevin deal.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
No PG in the league really plays defense. Ha stopping Steph from dropping 40? Steph stopping dame from scoring 40? We are lucky we don't have a passive Jeff teague type getting torched every night while he can't match the output.

The coach #2 thing is overblown. The front office even felt we had the disadvantage in the Miami series because Nate is incapable. He probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the ECF run.

Lloyd was POS. Confirmed by other players in the league.

We are a .500 ball club at the moment but we acting like we are a .300 ball club. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I wouldn't even trade Collins until I change coach. Can't properly grade our talent under this system. No more shyt trades like the Kevin deal.

Being a .500 team 30 plus games into the season isn’t what we were told this team was supposed to be. This was supposed to be a top 4 team in the East and they’re currently barely a play in team. Trae and Nate clearly don’t rock with each other and the vibe of the whole team has been off all season. If we have to trade Trae to get another superstar level player I’m with it. Second straight year we’ve come out the box playing lackadaisical this late in the season. Something’s gotta shake so either a trade or Nate leaves or something but this isn’t a good situation

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Just so I’m clear: I’m not advocating for the Hawks to trade Trae. I hope the Hawks can make it work with him, but these kind of reports don’t just come out of thin air. I think the drama around Schlenk leaving add a little more credibility to this situation as well.

When you look at this team:

JC is a shell of himself (trade rumors got him shook)
Hunter is just a guy, nothing special
CC is starting to be consistently injury prone
DJM is still trying to sync up with Trae

AJ’s been a bright spot and I’m glad Bogi is back but we’ve got to make a big deal to change the vibe of this team. JC and Hunter are expendable IMO, I’d trade them in a package deal to get shooters and backup big depth

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Being a .500 team 30 plus games into the season isn’t what we were told this team was supposed to be. This was supposed to be a top 4 team in the East and they’re currently barely a play in team. Trae and Nate clearly don’t rock with each other and the vibe of the whole team has been off all season. If we have to trade Trae to get another superstar level player I’m with it. Second straight year we’ve come out the box playing lackadaisical this late in the season. Something’s gotta shake so either a trade or Nate leaves or something but this isn’t a good situation
We both agree this team is under achieving. You are right, this is the 2nd straight year they have started out lackadaisical.

Our offensive has no creativity. This team is out hustled nightly. The lineups are too rigid.

Change needs to happen. Start with the coach. Idgaf if you gotta bring in D'antoni.

We have the softest forward tandem in the league. You gotta upgrade there.

We will see