Official 2022-2023 Atlanta Hawks season thread

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I was there too, came up on some half court seats for me and me nephew in the Players Club AFTER tipoff lmao. This was my first game in the "new" arena Terry Stotts was a few seats away, also saw Kyle Korver, Landry Fields, Stephen Jackson and all the random Atlanta celebs you see at primetime games

But I agree with not callin timeout, dont let them get their defense set, just go and hopefully get a good shot or draw a foul.

This team is weird, we play competitive ball without our best players against the hottest team in the league. But throw up a dud against inferior teams like Indiana and Houston. This offense is stagnant, there was a stretch where Okongwu got the ball 4 or 5 possessions in a row, which is not ideal. I'm in the start fresh camp, let's see what a new coach and new core players can do
Breh, terry stotts was like 5 seats over from me. You probably sat next to me:ohhh:

I think you call the timeout. We hit a game winner with .5 seconds left a couple weeks ago. I'm sure we could've drawn up a play instead of taking 5 seconds just to cross halfcourt

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Even Steph would not win with Nate's coaching:dahell:

Your hate for Trae is getting ridiculous. We get it, some gossip about some players not liking him has you feeling a type of way.

You'll be back on the bandwagon after the team looks better after a coaching change

Is a new coach going to make Trae move without the ball, stop the hero shots & at least put up a little effort on defense?

Trae has had public spats with Pierce & Nate. At some point he needs to be held accountable. I appreciate what he’s done so far but dude is a straight baby if he doesn’t get his way.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Is a new coach going to make Trae move without the ball, stop the hero shots & at least put up a little effort on defense?

Trae has had public spats with Pierce & Nate. At some point he needs to be held accountable. I appreciate what he’s done so far but dude is a straight baby if he doesn’t get his way.
The hero shots I agree with, but I honestly feel like he has put way more effort on defense this year. He out here getting steals and deflections than in years past.

Our star is focused on winning a title. If he feels the coach can't get the job done, why wouldn't he tell the front office. LP and Nate aren't Phil Jackson or Gregg pop.

We have been blowing leads under both coaches because they preach iso late game. Last night Trae didn't play and Murray went iso mode the last 4 minutes. That is Nate's offense. Milk the clock to nurse a lead

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh, terry stotts was like 5 seats over from me. You probably sat next to me:ohhh:

I think you call the timeout. We hit a game winner with .5 seconds left a couple weeks ago. I'm sure we could've drawn up a play instead of taking 5 seconds just to cross halfcourt

We were definitely in the same section then lol, I was in sec 118 row HH. But my 12 yr old nephew was asking after the game why didn't we call a TO and I gave a similar explanation to Nate. There are differing opinions and strategies in that situation, all comes down to preference

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
We were definitely in the same section then lol, I was in sec 118 row HH. But my 12 yr old nephew was asking after the game why didn't we call a TO and I gave a similar explanation to Nate. There are differing opinions and strategies in that situation, all comes down to preference
Yea this is one of those cases where everyone think they’re a genius when they already know the outcome

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
It's over :francis:

It’s just too much to deal with, he gets all the blame after every loss, has a star PG who’s difficult to work with and the leadership that brought him in has just changed. I’d leave too

Hawks are quickly becoming one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
It’s just too much to deal with, he gets all the blame after every loss, has a star PG who’s difficult to work with and the leadership that brought him in has just changed. I’d leave too

Hawks are quickly becoming one of the most dysfunctional teams in the league
Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Schlenk stepping down was the first domino

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Trae clearly don’t give a fukk. Like seriously you can tell on many possessions he about to just chuck that bytch from the logo on some just because shyt. He ain’t even trying to run a play.

It’s one thing to hit that during a play or as a desperation shot when everything breaks down, but he just comes up and shoots it with a full shot clock.

Unless he gets reined in and plays within an offense you can’t win seriously with him as your best player.

I thank Nate for keeping them together during that run where we shat on the Knicks and blew up the Sixers team but I don’t blame him if he wants out. He don’t need that headache.

Last edited: