Official 2022-2023 Atlanta Hawks season thread

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Trae clearly don’t give a fukk. Like seriously you can tell on many possessions he about to just chuck that bytch from the logo on some just because shyt. He ain’t even trying to run a play.

It’s one thing to hit that during a play or as a desperation shot when everything breaks down, but he just comes up and shoots it with a full shot clock.

Unless he seriously gets reined in and plays within an offense you can’t win seriously with him as your best player.

I thank Nate for keeping them together during that run where we shat on the Knicks and blew up the Sixers team but I don’t blame him if he wants out. He don’t need that headache.
The Trae stans are gonna die with him smh

Dude handcuffs the team. I definitely wish we could trade him somehow

And after seeing Trae run off 2 coaches what coach wants to coach him now?!?!?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Trae clearly don’t give a fukk. Like seriously you can tell on many possessions he about to just chuck that bytch from the logo on some just because shyt. He ain’t even trying to run a play.

It’s one thing to hit that during a play or as a desperation shot when everything breaks down, but he just comes up and shoots it with a full shot clock.

Unless he seriously gets reined in and plays within an offense you can’t win seriously with him as your best player.

I thank Nate for keeping them together during that run where we shat on the Knicks and blew up the Sixers team but I don’t blame him if he wants out. He don’t need that headache.

Yep all of this. Even worse I don’t know who runs this team if/when Nate leaves.

I think it’s interesting also that we keep getting leaks about the Hawks (from “sources”) it’s like there’s no accountability in the locker room, no privacy, it’s kind of every man for himself. Almost feels like it’s the YSL Rico case the way these boys be singin to a different media member every day

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

I think the reality is that he asks out before we get a chance to trade him. We already saw the rumor come out…too much has happened to not believe that he may want out sooner rather than later.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nate ain't the only problem with this team

Trae is the other big problem

Unless he gets reined in and plays within an offense you can’t win seriously with him as your best player.

Like I said a couple days ago…I’d rather keep Nate than Trae :unimpressed:

Next coach comes in, Trae still gonna do wtf he wants to. I guarantee DeJonte is gone after his contract is up

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Quality shot selection, consistent decision making, leadership, accountability…all of these things Trae is missing. Unless it’s a coach who can instill those things and has a track record of winning it’s gonna be tough to get Trae to buy in

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Yep all of this. Even worse I don’t know who runs this team if/when Nate leaves.

I think it’s interesting also that we keep getting leaks about the Hawks (from “sources”) it’s like there’s no accountability in the locker room, no privacy, it’s kind of every man for himself. Almost feels like it’s the YSL Rico case the way these boys be singin to a different media member every day
Sources gotta be Trae and that chatty patty clown, JC. Those two been getting in their feelings the most since they got here. It’s bad when Hawks traded all those picks for DJM and he speaking in favor of Nate vs the drafted star who’s been actively defiant towards Nate. It just feels like the locker room is split and you just added Murray and extended Trae not too long ago. One gotta go and Murray is the more stable and all around star

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Sources gotta be Trae and that chatty patty clown, JC. Those two been getting in their feelings the most since they got here. It’s bad when Hawks traded all those picks for DJM and he speaking in favor of Nate vs the drafted star who’s been actively defiant towards Nate. It just feels like the locker room is split and you just added Murray and extended Trae not too long ago. One gotta go and Murray is the more stable and all around star

They not trading Trae unless he asks for it. He’s the franchise. Murray is more likely to go given his contract but at this point everything should be on the table

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
They not trading Trae unless he asks for it. He’s the franchise. Murray is more likely to go given his contract but at this point everything should be on the table

Honestly the only way Trae is winning it all if he plays with a defensive dominant big like AD or Embiid that can clean up the mistakes on that end.

Trae is just too small and bad on defense to win a title.

Last edited:

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
While that is true that he is the franchise, when will enough be enough? He doesn’t really play winning basketball and if he gets another coach, how long will it be til he turns on that one as well?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Trae don't like Nate. He will get his wish this off-season when we hire a new coach. Hopefully Ime Udoka. Hope he can work things out with Nia and have a happy family again

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He’s not a great coach but the optics of this aren’t good. Franchise is in a tailspin rn
This restructure is kind of wild. Landry seems like he wants to pick his own coach.

Ressler's son has a role in the front office now. That's the oddest thing to me.

I find it annoying that Trae is being labeled a coach killer when Pierce was brought here to tank and develop. He was never meant to be there when we ready to compete.

Nate only got the job because of that run. Schlenk was going to hire a coach to compete like the warriors did when they switched mark Jackson for Steve Kerr.

This is not deron Williams getting Jerry Sloan fired