Official 2020 South Carolina Primary Thread: Joe Biden wins in blowout!

Who wins the Democrat primary in SC?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Bernie

Votes: 57 59.4%
  • Warren

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Steyer

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mayor Pete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amy Kloubacher

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Who were the posters saying Clyburn's endorsement doesn't matter?

He's almost 80, so who knows if he's down for whirlwind/extensive travel, but if I'm Biden, I'm recruiting Rep. Clyburn to stump in at least a couple of these southern ST states over these next couple days: NC, AL, TN, maybe VA. Absent Obama's and HRC's backing (for now), he's probably one of that campaign's biggest assets.

I watched that endorsement speech in full yesterday....had a brother like :obama::ohlawd::wow::mjcry:. (And actually watching him now as he introduces Biden.) The man has real gravitas - when he speaks, you listen.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Let's not be dishonest. According to exit polls the African American vote swung heavy for Biden.

I went to Clyburn's weekend last year. Anyone who didn't believe he had sway in SC with black voters is out of touch with SC politics.

:manny:
I'm just talking about where the polling trends, I don't live in SC. Biden was up but polling swung heavy last week. Could have been the debate but exit polls say 47% said Clyburn's endorsement played a part.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
people are on twitter begging for Bloomberg to help Biden take out Bernie now :dead:

congrats on the win Biden Boyz. I'm just hoping Bernie can lower the margin as more votes are tallied. I'm glad super tuesday is right around the corner.

If Bernie gets close 100,000 votes, that'd put him in the 22-23% range in the final count. Should be interesting how strong of a 2nd place he gets.

Warren is going to hit viability in a few of states on Tuesday but its not even guaranteed we get to a brokered convention.