Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
they really don't

which is why when it comes to people talking politics online, i look at it no different than people talking about sports tbh.

The fact that people wouldn't vote for Kamala Harris because of a white husband is just entirely depressing, but I have to think, without being naive, that many people, not on Twitter, or on Facebook, don't feel that way.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It is indeed a shallow concept but it is not so much about her husband being white as it is how phony her "blackness" feels. She comes off as appropriating her black side for recognition and votes. The test will be when and how she handles someone questioning why she does not promote her Indian heritage or proudly proclaim to be bi-racial.
so i know that family (somewhat), i was good friends with her niece freshman year of college and hung out with her and her mom (kamala's sister) and went to kamala events with her when she was running for DA, that fam very much reps their indian heritage. but given the perception of how well off the indian population is here, and how she's very much a politician's politician, she has to promote her "black roots" - it's more valuable to securing the black vote (which is of course bigger than the indian/asian vote). promoting too much of her indian side right now gives black people more reason to look at her as "other" or as another privileged, overachieving indian

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But that didn't answer my question. How high are your loans that you can't pay them off in 10 years? And while we're at it, what do you do and how much do you make?

Those are 3 questions that should be answered when one decides to tell me how bad their loans are?

You don't want free healthcare but you want me to pay your bills which you chose to incur? :what:
where did i say i don't want free healthcare? :what: i said i want a private option to remain a choice...don't misquote me

my loans are over $100k (grad school), but i know folks with loans starting around the $50k mark they couldn't repay in 10 years. i'm not putting how much i make - but between loans, making too much to deduct interest payments on taxes, being taxed to death (+CA taxes), plus living in the bay area - um yea, these shyts are not getting paid off in 10 years.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
so i know that family (somewhat), i was good friends with her niece freshman year of college and hung out with her and her mom (kamala's sister) and went to kamala events with her when she was running for DA, that fam very much reps their indian heritage. but given the perception of how well off the indian population is here, and how she's very much a politician's politician, she has to promote her "black roots" - it's more valuable to securing the black vote (which is of course bigger than the indian/asian vote). promoting too much of her indian side right now gives black people more reason to look at her as "other" or as another privileged, overachieving indian

I agree wholeheartedly that it could cost her politically and that is why I believe some black folks won't take her serious if they are familiar or when they find out. It is an interesting problem for her that I think she needs to figure out how to address sooner rather than later.

This is one thing I think she could model Obama on, addressing her heritage before its weaponized against her.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Mine were only like $15k and I still haven't paid them off over 10 years later. :mjlol:

It's not that I can't, I just haven't bothered to pay more than the minimum.
this is another thing, there are those who are literate enough to know how to get rid of debt - it's not by paying the minimum - but the vast majority of people aren't the most financially savvy, especially not right out of college. they see the min payment and just do that and then wake up at 35 and realize they're still paying off undergrad. it's really interesting how some folks are minimizing this issue, the loan "crisis" needs to be addressed as part of the overall plan to make college more affordable

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
this is another thing, there are those who are literate enough to know how to get rid of debt - it's not by paying the minimum - but the vast majority of people aren't the most financially savvy, especially not right out of college. they see the min payment and just do that and then wake up at 35 and realize they're still paying off undergrad. it's really interesting how some folks are minimizing this issue, the loan "crisis" needs to be addressed as part of the overall plan to make college more affordable

Bernie has the solution, wipe out student debt and make public colleges free. So why isn't America voting for him besides this country being full of retards?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Breh I’m not sure you get what’s going on, the boomer generation is dying off and will leave a massive wealth transfer to white millennials. Literally the only debts these people have is college debt. The gains the small percentage of black people with college debt get will be absolutely DWARFED but middle class and upper middle class white millennials.

This is literally a bailout of the top 30% of America how is this a progressive policy?

@storyteller showed this to you 5 pages ago but you continue to play dumb and push the same narrative that you made up out of thin air.

:camby:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

:mjlol:

Kids out of college either don't have enough money to pay more than the minimum or they don't make it a priority to pay more than the minimum. But if you're a college-grad and are still ignorant of how to pay bills, then I don't know what else can be done for you. :hubie:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Kamala and Booker aren't black enough to resonate with black voters. Kamala temporarily upped her stock until people see her husband and the spotlight gets shined on how she did her people while a part of the courts.

Bernie doesn't have enough of the black vote and has yet to introduce anything substantial over 2016 to change any minds -- elimination of student loans is a good start.

Biden is slowly imploding and we're only in the beginning, its going to get worse as things go on -- I told you all he is like Trump in the respect that he doesn't listen to his advisers.

Warren will get the nomination and the Democratic party and voters need to be ready to stand behind her.

Everyone else is in this race for their own benefit and we'll see several of these people in the next Democratic administration's cabinet.

Illegal immigration is a much more important topic to black folks than most realize. Once they can lawfully criminalize illegal immigrants and ICE gets more power, the precedent and framework will be in place for our black asses next. The motivation won't be citizenship, it will be violence and cleaning up the country.

yall have got to stop saying that... there is no our asses next.

because they never stopped fukking with us 24/7 :stopitslime:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:mjlol:

Kids out of college either don't have enough money to pay more than the minimum or they don't make it a priority to pay more than the minimum. But if you're a college-grad and are still ignorant of how to pay bills, then I don't know what else can be done for you. :hubie:
that's easy enough to say from an ivory tower, yet america's debt problem, cc's especially, show people don't understand how to (as well as can't) pay off debt.