Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you've made this up in your mind, there are those kids, but many of them also don't have debt, their parents had college savings for them and enough money to write checks for them in the first place.

and why does it have to hit some % threshold? breh, the black folks i know, we make a lot but are saddled with student debt, how the hell is this setting up our kids for future financial success or stability? at some point, some part of our community has to be able to generate generational wealth, this will be part of the start. it's a slow crawl and every piece of the puzzle helps - higher min wage, free/low cost college, student loan forgiveness, and (the never happening) reparations

Disagree with the top part but bottom paragraph totally makes sense. We do need to start somewhere with our wealth generation.

Dap + rep :wow:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Brehs let’s just say we have to choose between Kamala and deblasio. Who would you choose? Kamala with her white husband and her record as a DA and AG or deblasio with his black wife and kids and mayoral record?

I’d say Kamala

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Brehs let’s just say we have to choose between Kamala and deblasio. Who would you choose? Kamala with her white husband and her record as a DA and AG or deblasio with his black wife and kids and mayoral record?

Until I hear some clarification on Harris and something terrible about deBlasio, deBlasio for now.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
so i know that family (somewhat), i was good friends with her niece freshman year of college and hung out with her and her mom (kamala's sister) and went to kamala events with her when she was running for DA, that fam very much reps their indian heritage. but given the perception of how well off the indian population is here, and how she's very much a politician's politician, she has to promote her "black roots" - it's more valuable to securing the black vote (which is of course bigger than the indian/asian vote). promoting too much of her indian side right now gives black people more reason to look at her as "other" or as another privileged, overachieving indian

[meek]I had Meena on my wishlist[/meek] :mjgrin:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I'd vote for whichever one of them I thought was more likely to beat Trump, which at this point I don't know. :yeshrug:

Who they're married to wouldn't factor into it though. Worrying about that is corny to me.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i need to know more about deblasio, i feel like NYers may not like him simply because he presided over a time when changes were already complete or well underway that adversely affected the lower/middle income of NY (gentrification, soaring housing costs, tough on crime, etc). for cities across the US the groundwork for these changes was laid in the mid 90's-early 00's. i need to know what he did vs. what he didn't stop/reverse.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
kamala got some body blows on biden, but she also put herself in a position to be scrutinized. when people start doing their googles on her and find out about her d.a. background and hollow affiliation to black americans she gone have some 'splainin to do.

barack was way more authentic in his blackness eventhough he is biracial like her. he connected with black people because he married a "real" black sista, has a black family, and empathized with a lot of the challenges black people go through in this country. his strategic decision to put out a book detailing his background before he ran for potus also helped get any skeletons out the closet before someone else had a chance to.

kamala is feisty, which i like about her and warren, and would do well against donny, but she got some skeletons that haven't been widely discussed yet. her skeletons might actually be more damaging to her character than any of the other candidates later in the game. i'm interested to see how she deals with them. :popcorn3: