Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Brehs let’s just say we have to choose between Kamala and deblasio. Who would you choose? Kamala with her white husband and her record as a DA and AG or deblasio with his black wife and kids and mayoral record?
Kamala without hesitation over DeBlasio in this scenario.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
kamala got some body blows on biden, but she also put herself in a position to be scrutinized. when people start doing their googles on her and find out about her d.a. background and hollow affiliation to black americans she gone have some 'splainin to do.

barack was way more authentic in his blackness eventhough he is biracial like her. he connected with black people because he married a "real" black sista, has a black family, and empathized with a lot of the challenges black people go through in this country. his strategic decision to put out a book detailing his background before he ran for potus also helped get any skeletons out the closet before someone else had a chance to.

kamala is feisty, which i like about her and warren, and would do well against donny, but she got some skeletons that haven't been widely discussed yet. her skeletons might actually be more damaging to her character than any of the other candidates later in the game. i'm interested to see how she deals with them. :popcorn3:
The fact that she’s hiding her white husband and rarely speaks about him is concerning. The longer she does it, the more this problem grows. Barack and other candidates for that matter never had a problem speaking about their spouses, which can help or hurt your campaign.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
The fact that she’s hiding her white husband and rarely speaks about him is concerning. The longer she does it, the more this problem grows. Barack and other candidates for that matter never had a problem speaking about their spouses, which can help or hurt your campaign.

Yes and no. Theres still that unspoken rule that the families of politicians are off limits. I dont think that hurts her as much as people think. I think the affair with willie brown hurts her more than having a white spouse

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God help me if Obama fukks us over from beyond the (Presidential) grave by his aura delivering 2 shytty Democratic nominee failures in a row :snoop:

Every day this dude's administration looks worse and worse :scust:

Joe Biden beats trump you buggin, outside twitter moderate dems love the guy. Gotta look outside our own echo chambers.

Trump approval rating never been in the 50s his entire presidency, but you keep talking open borders and that gun talk it’s a wrap. Twitter voters don’t win elections.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are gonna start to wonder why obama hasnt endorsed biden

I know biden said he didnt want the endorsement but i doubt the general voting public knows that

I really do think biden is gonna drop in the next polling. Not more than 5% though

Obama endorsement locks down the primary tho, he’s not gonna do something that clearly biased.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Am I really putting this on Obama though? This is squarely on the DNC, it seems.
Both Hillary and Biden (but more latter than former) would be chopped food in the streets without the explicit and implicit imprimatur of Obama. He selected them for the most prominent roles in his administration and they've coasted off it. His legacy is shielding them. He doesn't hold sole responsibility, but we're still reckoning with his bad decisions.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
People picking those kinds of reasons, deeply personal ones, deeply resentful, fear based reasons, is partly why we are in this spot now. It' a reflection of our country, and the general intelligence. This isn't high school. This isn't who you hang out with after work, or what friends you and your wife go out with for drinks. It's about who can steer the country in a decent direction, and do some good for people who need it. It isn't personal. These people aren't your friends or peers.
thats why Bernie or bust bros need to prepare for a soft landing...and its not gonna be pretty...

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that people wouldn't vote for Kamala Harris because of a white husband is just entirely depressing, but I have to think, without being naive, that many people, not on Twitter, or on Facebook, don't feel that way.
People want to fight white supremacy. They probably wants someone who lives and breathes the black experience 24/7.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
[meek]I had Meena on my wishlist[/meek] :mjgrin:
giphy.gif