Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
The large majority of black people did not go to college, this will be literally a wealth transfer from poor and non white to
Again it won't matter who else benefits as along as those of us that do, are committed to doing what's needed to counter white wealth transfer
If the billionare breh who paid off the debt of the college students didn't require commitments by those students to ensure that future grads and/or Black communities benefits too, then sadly it's just a one off nice gesture

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Yeah Mayor Pete getting the Nom is not impossible NBC and MSM was pretty much ready to crown him before the South Bend issues came out. But De Blasio? i don't hate him but apparently a lot of people do so nah.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again it won't matter who else benefits as along as those of us that do, are committed to doing what's needed to counter white wealth transfer
If the billionare breh who paid off the debt of the college students didn't require commitments by those students to ensure that future grads and/or Black communities benefits too, then sadly it's just a one off nice gesture

Breh I’m not sure you get what’s going on, the boomer generation is dying off and will leave a massive wealth transfer to white millennials. Literally the only debts these people have is college debt. The gains the small percentage of black people with college debt get will be absolutely DWARFED but middle class and upper middle class white millennials.

This is literally a bailout of the top 30% of America how is this a progressive policy?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Breh I’m not sure you get what’s going on, the boomer generation is dying off and will leave a massive wealth transfer to white millennials. Literally the only debts these people have is college debt. The gains the small percentage of black people with college debt get will be absolutely DWARFED but middle class and upper middle class white millennials.

This is literally a bailout of the top 30% of America how is this a progressive policy?
breh, the vast majority of black people who went to college have debt, pair that with our existing wealth gap, pay gap, working in lower paid fields...yes, we need debt forgiveness because it puts us much further behind whites.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, the vast majority of black people who went to college have debt, pair that with our existing wealth gap, pay gap, working in lower paid fields...yes, we need debt forgiveness because it puts us much further behind whites.

70% of America does not go to college, this is a bailout for middle class and upper class white millennials by percentage. I’ll never support something like this :yeshrug:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Biden desperately trying to get thru the south without kamela stealing his shine with black voters. Basically shield himself with Obama’s name and ride out the beat downs is his plan.

In fact the less joe Biden says the better for him.
Even he realized thats why was calling his own time.

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Did you happen to see the alley-oop the hispanic host gave Pete when he was 1st called on?

Nah i missed the beginning of the debate. damn an easy bucket for Pete huh? See i don't care for Pete but the only reason i've been so against him is how the media was setting up for a coronation and we all see how well that shyt worked out in 2016. Don't want a repeat of that.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
70% of America does not go to college, this is a bailout for middle class and upper class white millennials by percentage. I’ll never support something like this :yeshrug:
it absolutely isn't, the middle class is being hit by more financial burdens than everyone (too much money for services/social programs, too little for tax shelters, tax loopholes and investments) our middle class has shrunk and you're sitting here saying the middle class doesn't need a break. GTFOH

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
That only helps the people that went to college/trade school and got loans. The majority of black people didn't take loans for school or even went to college. So in the grand scheme of things why would they care about that? :manny: However, free school and free healthcare is something black people should care about. :ehh:
@wire28 aint trying hear that

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Man i'm only watching the 2nd debate now, and damn these candidates SUCK!!!

They are alll storytellers
"When I was growing up"
"My mother"
"My father taught me"
"There was a little girl in california"
"I met someone that once told me'
"There was a man from nantucket"

Man fukk these stories from these people trying to tell others "hey i'm just like you"

But what are your damn policies, WHAT WILL YOU DO AS PRESIDENT???????????????

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it absolutely isn't, the middle class is being hit by more financial burdens than everyone (too much money for services/social programs, too little for tax shelters, tax loopholes and investments) our middle class has shrunk and you're sitting here saying the middle class doesn't need a break. GTFOH

Wtf are you talking about :mjlol::russ:

The vast majority of Americans don’t go to college and the vast majority of black Americans don’t go to college how is this helping the people who need it?:russ:

This is specifically helping fukking white millennials you moron :russ:

Bernie literally paying off his Bernie bros GTFO :russ:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The fact that people wouldn't vote for Kamala Harris because of a white husband is just entirely depressing, but I have to think, without being naive, that many people, not on Twitter, or on Facebook, don't feel that way.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Man i'm only watching the 2nd debate now, and damn these candidates SUCK!!!

They are alll storytellers
"When I was growing up"
"My mother"
"My father taught me"
"There was a little girl in california"
"I met someone that once told me'
"There was a man from nantucket"

Man fukk these stories from these people trying to tell others "hey i'm just like you"

But what are your damn policies, WHAT WILL YOU DO AS PRESIDENT???????????????
is this your first election? :what: yes, they tell stories, this is many people's first real exposure to the candidates, they need to "introduce" themselves. likability, being relatable and showing you understand the plight of everyday people is just as important, if not more so, than policy, especially in the first debate.