Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
How do you hid your husband and how does her white husband make her less black? What actions on the job are you talking about specifically, that hurt black people not related to crimes they were accused of?

Edit: I can't take you guys serious. She has a white husband so thats one strike against her. shyt has nothing to do with her policies, its all about who she married. Lol gone and vote for Biden then. I'm not even going to keep engaging this white husband conversation. :mjlol:
There's a reason why it's very few "successful" inter-faith, inter-politics...hell inter-wealth unions. There're innate problems between the union of folks with different views/experiences on life
For these unions to have a chance at succeeding, someone's views/experiences needs to be toned down

Harris' choice in a mate tells me that raising Black children fit to successfully navigate unique plights faced by them and their community, wasn't a priority. So don't pander using those unique plights for your political ambitions

To be fair, her resume shows efforts to achieve reforms in police conduct and prison sentencing
But also not going far enough due to political ambitions. Do so much so to have a useful narrative, but not too much to jeopardize opportunities, despite claiming to know about the unique plights of Black folks

She and her fellow staunch supporters of sanctuary cities isn't as "tough on crime" as she was as a DA, when it comes to the illegals that commit crimes
She don't want to breakup illegals families but was willing to create roadblocks to get innocent Black folks out of prison, thus away from their families

Calls for investigation of police shootings went unanswered
She's for police body cams, but leaves the decision to local authority about what to do with the footage and how long to keep it

Again her resume shows efforts but also purposely not going far enough. So don't try to wave the Black Liberation Flag during these debates

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
If Biden falls, that propels Bernie to the front. If Kamala disintegrates and her support is divided between Bernie and Warren, that helps Bernie more. I'm sorry breh, but Republican-until-she-was-50-and-pretended-to-be-Indian is not going to be the nominee. It ain't happening. :manny:

Elizebeth Warren is Bernie Sanders 2.0 and that is exactly why she could get the nomination. She is the updated version with an education background, the ability to simplify her intentions and has tangible plans. How soon we all forget how everyone was screaming that the country was ready for a woman president in 2016 until that woman candidate was Hillary Clinton.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You are right but they're happy until...

they get sick or injured and they're in a hospital...

And millions of people lose choices when employers switch insurance plans every year or every other year.. but the worker is only paying a premium out of their check.

Business owners that aren't running big corporations are getting killed with premiums.
nothing you and the "only a public option" candidates are saying makes a case for why we need to abolish a private option. we need an affordable/free option available to (or that automatically covers) everyone with the option to go to a private plan (either via an employer or out of pocket) if a person so chooses to.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
that comes from regulating the industry top to bottom...

as far as coverage, again, nothing wrong with adding an option that covers everyone while also allowing private insurance to remain an option.

I think this is fine short term, but long term should look to get rid of it.
I think what Buttigieg said about letting the system prove it's better than phi through competition was a good idea.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Elizebeth Warren is Bernie Sanders 2.0 and that is exactly why she could get the nomination. She is the updated version with an education background, the ability to simplify her intentions and has tangible plans. How soon we all forget how everyone was screaming that the country was ready for a woman president in 2016 until that woman candidate was Hillary Clinton.

That's like saying the country is ready for a black president so why you have a problem with Herman Cain or Ben Carson. :mjlol:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a breh said at a panel discussion...

in other words, it doesn't matter if other groups also benefits as long as we learn teamwork

Which is a concept that's already a problem despite knowing the game is rigged. So will "teamwork" be different if only Black folks get benefits/compensation? nah

The large majority of black people did not go to college, this will be literally a wealth transfer from poor and non white to

Uncle joe might not survive Detroit at this rate :picard:

He needs to unleash the flutes on kamela before it’s too late :wow:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
This is a ridiculous comparison considering Warren is actually competent.
How soon we all forget how everyone was screaming that the country was ready for a woman president in 2016 until that woman candidate was Hillary Clinton.

That's actually a ridiculous complaint seeing as you were talking about Clinton and that's what I'm responding to.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tuned into the debate last night just in time to watch kamala slap up joe. shorty was on his azz and clearly won their back and forth. his debate coaches in the cut with the towels like..:damn:

only good counter he had was when he said something like..well i wasn't out out here prosecuting and locking people up..i was a public defender..:smugbiden:

when his time to speak ran out dude was like..welp my time is up..:whew:

biden thinks he just has to show up to get the nomination. dude came unprepared and got his azz handed to him.
No she wasn’t. Her voice is shaky.
I’m telling u right now, no one outside of the following is getting the nomination:

Biden
Booker
Buttigeg
De blasio
Tulsi gabbard.