Official 2020 Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
This is exactly why why kamela s white husband is actually a problem for her. Obama was mixed but he brought out a stone cold black woman with him and 2 black kids, he was undeniable. Kamela can’t paint the same picture with her family :hubie:

Also the fact that she prosecuted and put a lot of brehs in jail and her black father distanced himself from her.

Also threw Barrack under the table last night.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My job switched to a different company last year. We didn't get polled or asked if we wanted to change, they just did it. Companies will do whatever saves them the most money.
and for a story like this, i have a personal story of my last job who switched to a new provider, the company also upped its share of the cost so that i only paid $5 per check toward my healthcare, had no co pays, and ended up paying for 3 months of medication what i used to pay for a month supply...a lot (albeit a select group) of companies are also pitching in more to provide better health care for employees. out here, it's pretty much par for the course for at least the basic/most affordable plan offered to be 100% covered by your company...why am i going to say let's get rid of this? nah, let's add an option for those who aren't as fortunate or let's add an option that allows people to maintain affordable coverage when unemployed (as i've said, health care shouldn't be tied to being employed...)

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I can understand if you said, for crimes black people were accused of, she pursed long sentences or overcharged them but I havent seen anyone say that. Did she do that in your opinion or you really just take issue that her husband is white?

Everyone that I've seen has been talking about the former not the latter.

Love her or hate her, Kamala 2 pieced Biden last night:manny:

Marianne gave her the assist to even do that. :ufdup: That's after Kamala pivoted away from reparations.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
How are black folks going to constantly scream Police are the opps, Black cops are sellouts and bootlickers, and in the same breath ask why there aren't more black police officers.:jbhmm: Cat's legit spend all their free time sh1tting on police and then straight faced ask why we aren't lining up for the job.

As someone that was raised by a black sheriff's deputy it's one of my pet peeves. It's hard to get well intentioned people to sign up to risk their life to protect a community that will instantly see you as the enemy. Also, that's not saying there aren't tons of power hungry a$$holes with badges, I know a LOT of them too, I'm just saying it's more nuanced than we ever allow in these discussions.

But this the coli, so whatever.:yeshrug:
it's the government, cops and military ain't shyt, while claiming to be about Black empowerment

But the government is the largest employer of Black folks and how many Black folks are cops and in the military being able to jump a few tax brackets because of the opportunities due to their service

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Some of you are willing to vote for Biden over Harris because she was a prosecutor. :stopitslime:

Are black people not to become police officers, prosecutors, what about judges? What other occupations has the Coli determined if a black person has held, it makes them automatically not worthy of your vote?
It's not about the job, but the actions on the job and life decisions, while knowing the plight of Black folks

She's hiding her husband while shaming Biden, both reasons based on race
Knowing the plight of Black folks, her actions on the job and choice of a spouse, doesn't give her the credibility to use race as a stepping stone in her political career

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Everyone that I've seen has been talking about the former not the latter.

Show me

It's not about the job, but the actions on the job and life decisions, while knowing the plight of Black folks

She's hiding her husband while shaming Biden, both reasons based on race
Knowing the plight of Black folks, her actions on the job and choice of a spouse, doesn't give her the credibility to use race as a stepping stone in her political career

How do you hid your husband and how does her white husband make her less black? What actions on the job are you talking about specifically, that hurt black people not related to crimes they were accused of?

Edit: I can't take you guys serious. She has a white husband so thats one strike against her. shyt has nothing to do with her policies, its all about who she married. Lol gone and vote for Biden then. I'm not even going to keep engaging this white husband conversation. :mjlol:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Kamala and Booker aren't black enough to resonate with black voters. Kamala temporarily upped her stock until people see her husband and the spotlight gets shined on how she did her people while a part of the courts.

Bernie doesn't have enough of the black vote and has yet to introduce anything substantial over 2016 to change any minds -- elimination of student loans is a good start.

Biden is slowly imploding and we're only in the beginning, its going to get worse as things go on -- I told you all he is like Trump in the respect that he doesn't listen to his advisers.

Warren will get the nomination and the Democratic party and voters need to be ready to stand behind her.

Everyone else is in this race for their own benefit and we'll see several of these people in the next Democratic administration's cabinet.

Illegal immigration is a much more important topic to black folks than most realize. Once they can lawfully criminalize illegal immigrants and ICE gets more power, the precedent and framework will be in place for our black asses next. The motivation won't be citizenship, it will be violence and cleaning up the country.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People love who they love. If she is a prosecutor, she is supposed to lock people up who commit crimes. We have a black States Attorney here named Kim Foxx, I voted her and she locks up black people and other races who commit crimes. Its what I expect her to do. I dont even know the race of her husband and I dont care.

I can understand if you said, for crimes black people were accused of, she pursed long sentences or overcharged them but I havent seen anyone say that. Did she do that in your opinion or you really just take issue that her husband is white?
You in Chicago? So you know Kamala might do really well, or campaign explodes. Boom or bust with her/

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
and for a story like this, i have a personal story of my last job who switched to a new provider, the company also upped its share of the cost so that i only paid $5 per check toward my healthcare, had no co pays, and ended up paying for 3 months of medication what i used to pay for a month supply...a lot (albeit a select group) of companies are also pitching in more to provide better health care for employees. out here, it's pretty much par for the course for at least the basic/most affordable plan offered to be 100% covered by your company...why am i going to say let's get rid of this? nah, let's add an option for those who aren't as fortunate or let's add an option that allows people to maintain affordable coverage when unemployed (as i've said, health care shouldn't be tied to being employed...)

I think if most people were dealing with plans where they had no copays, and only paid $5 per check more people would be on board with private insurance. The average out of pocket costs per month is significantly higher than that, the typical deductible, copays etc are also higher.

Long term, we need a system that isn't going to pick winners/losers (my job has better coverage than your job) but a system that is actually focused on helping people.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Kamala and Booker aren't black enough to resonate with black voters. Kamala temporarily upped her stock until people see her husband and the spotlight gets shined on how she did her people while a part of the courts.

Bernie doesn't have enough of the black vote and has yet to introduce anything substantial over 2016 to change any minds -- elimination of student loans is a good start.

Biden is slowly imploding and we're only in the beginning, its going to get worse as things go on -- I told you all he is like Trump in the respect that he doesn't listen to his advisers.

Warren will get the nomination and the Democratic party and voters need to be ready to stand behind her.
If Biden falls, that propels Bernie to the front. If Kamala disintegrates and her support is divided between Bernie and Warren, that helps Bernie more. I'm sorry breh, but Republican-until-she-was-50-and-pretended-to-be-Indian is not going to be the nominee. It ain't happening. :manny:

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
Are black people not to become police officers, prosecutors, what about judges? What other occupations has the Coli determined if a black person has held, it makes them automatically not worthy of your vote?
cops stink and that includes black ones. this is the identity politics shyt that bothers me -- "we need more black, poc, women cops" to carry out the same command that white ones do

the NYPD is one of the most diverse working places in America and it's filled with non whites that abuse power like white ones do. a lot of prosecutors are trash as well and deserve to have their record picked apart. is it suppose to suck less if you suffered under a bullshyt law that was carried out by Kamala Harris rather than some standard white dude because she's POC lol? no problem with judges tbh

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think if most people were dealing with plans where they had no copays, and only paid $5 per check more people would be on board with private insurance. The average out of pocket costs per month is significantly higher than that, the typical deductible, copays etc are also higher.

Long term, we need a system that isn't going to pick winners/losers (my job has better coverage than your job) but a system that is actually focused on helping people.
that comes from regulating the industry top to bottom...

as far as coverage, again, nothing wrong with adding an option that covers everyone while also allowing private insurance to remain an option.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
But for millions there are no wait times, yall keep wanting to bring up one side without recognizing that health care is not an issue for millions of other. I have zero wait other than being subject to the schedule of my preferred doctor's availability - no different than waiting for a particular stylist or masseuse to have an appointment. Millions of people are happy with their insurance, and even with rising costs, have not experienced anything that's especially cost prohibitive.

How we administer health care and what we do to stop price gouging of hospitals, health tech and pharma companies can be separated. Creating a public option available to cover all doesn't have to come with not having a private option. I really don't get why folks just want to jump to one end of the spectrum without recognizing a large portion of americans are fine under the other end.

And while she's loopy, Marianne made a good point about why we're so sick, let's also make environment, work conditions, and food safer/better so that we're not faced with so much stress and chronic illness.

You are right but they're happy until...

they get sick or injured and they're in a hospital...

And millions of people lose choices when employers switch insurance plans every year or every other year.. but the worker is only paying a premium out of their check.

Business owners that aren't running big corporations are getting killed with premiums.