Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
How is that worse than a team with SB aspirations? You think Browns/Jags/Lions fans are calling this the WOAT season? They know their team isnt shyt so they expect to lose. We on the other hand have to endure Garrett week after week getting outcoached, playing not to lose, and stupidity from our team
I could give you the 07-08 season as being much worse since we damn sure would've made it to the SB that year, this year we lost 2 all pro players whereas that season we had our hearts ripped out of us on national tv. On another note this game felt like the old Cowboys, we didn't have success early running the ball so we completely abandoned it. The defense will get blamed but my #1 reason for the loss is Romo, he started panicking and we were only down by 10. He was personally responsible for 14pts today, and the game would've looked much different in the 4th if it were 16-6 instead of 30-6.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The days of the 5 year rebuild are over. You can literally rebuild a team in an offseason, there's never been a more opportune time to get Garrett the fukk up outta here, we can't blow this. Get a new HC in here this offseason let him fill out his staff and implement his system with a top 3 pick.

Doesn't matter as long as Jerruh is here

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Doesn't matter as long as Jerruh is here
I'm not sure how much I buy this. I think what we see week in and week out is a direct indictment on the coaching staff and their ineptness. Let's be real:

If Garrett got fired tomorrow, you think any team is beating down the door to have him coach their team?
When Marinelli gets served, who besides his buddy down in Tampa is going to want to sign his old ass?
Scott Linehan :mjlol:

It's the blind leading the blind

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure how much I buy this. I think what we see week in and week out is a direct indictment on the coaching staff and their ineptness. Let's be real:

If Garrett got fired tomorrow, you think any team is beating down the door to have him coach their team?
When Marinelli gets served, who besides his buddy down in Tampa is going to want to sign his old ass?

All truth.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The one thing Jerry/Stephen did screw up was that Demarco Murray situation. These guys really thought they would get by with this "running back by committee" philosophy. That strong run game we had last year made everyone else look better, than this year we reverted back to this pass happy crap. We need to get a bell cow in here next year whether thats in FA or the draft, someone of the Demarco Murray/Leveon Bell mold. Not sure that I like that kid from Ohio State. Who are the top draft eligible backs?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Cassel won 10 games for NE and had a decent year in KC, am i suppose to believe that he can't win 1 fukking game now? This is proof that Garrett has no fukking clue on how to win, and if it weren't for Romo being here his ass would've been fired a long time ago. If you have a system in place then a backup QB can get you a couple of wins.
The one thing Jerry/Stephen did screw up was that Demarco Murray situation. These guys really thought they would get by with this "running back by committee" philosophy. That strong run game we had last year made everyone else look better, than this year we reverted back to this pass happy crap. We need to get a bell cow in here next year whether thats in FA or the draft, someone of the Demarco Murray/Leveon Bell mold. Not sure that I like that kid from Ohio State. Who are the top draft eligible backs?
The running game is not the problem, it's clear they weren't happy being a run first team last year and they switched it up. If Murray was here he'd be just as ineffective now as he is in PHI. My question is why didn't they do more dump offs to the RBs today? McFadden had a huge catch and run and the Panthers had trouble stopping things underneath.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Cassel won 10 games for NE and had a decent year in KC, am i suppose to believe that he can't win 1 fukking game now? This is proof that Garrett has no fukking clue on how to win, and if it weren't for Romo being here his ass would've been fired a long time ago. If you have a system in place then a backup QB can get you a couple of wins.
This is why I say this season has been Hell. Garrett is getting exposed as the fraud coach that he truly is. What makes it worse, is he will get a pass because of the injuries.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not to say this doesn't have any bearing, but how many coaches we been through since Jimmie, Coordinators, defensive schemes, players, etc. Ludicrous contracts, trading draft picks for GAlloway and Roy Williams, And we often find ourselves singing the same tune come season's end. First Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Campos, Parcells was too stuck in his ways, Wade was too soft and will not hold players accountable, Garrett is so unimaginative and too much of the proverbial 'Glass half-full, moral victory' type, Linehan?, Old ass Monte? Rob Ryan? Carthon

But we can't do anything with the one person who remains constant that wants to be the puppeteer though :smugfavre:.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Not to say this doesn't have any bearing, but how many coaches we been through since Jimmie, Coordinators, defensive schemes, players, etc. Ludicrous contracts, trading draft picks for GAlloway and Roy Williams, And we often find ourselves singing the same tune come season's end. First Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Campos, Parcells was too stuck in his ways, Wade was too soft and will not hold players accountable, Garrett is so unimaginative and too much of the proverbial 'Glass half-full, moral victory' type, Linehan?, Old ass Monte? Rob Ryan? Carthon

But we can't do anything with the one person who remains constant that wants to be the puppeteer though :smugfavre:.
Stephen Jones is more in control of things than Jerry now, so that excuse doesn't fly anymore imo. This is all setting up for Jerry/Stephen to make a little phone call to Cleveland:snoop:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Stephen Jones is more in control of things than Jerry now, so that excuse doesn't fly anymore imo. This is all setting up for Jerry/Stephen to make a little phone call to Cleveland:snoop:
Yea but how much better is he than Jerry?

Was he not involved in the decision to have joe randle as our lead back :jbhmm:

Was he not involved in thinking Weeden was a suitable backup :jbhmm:

Was he not involved in thinking Brandon Carr was worth his contract and not forcing him to take a paycut :jbhmm:

With that said, we are screwed brehs. Nothing will change until we get a real GM and Coach:beli:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yea but how much better is he than Jerry?

Was he not involved in the decision to have joe randle as our lead back :jbhmm:

Was he not involved in thinking Weeden was a suitable backup :jbhmm:

Was he not involved in thinking Brandon Carr was worth his contract and not forcing him to take a paycut :jbhmm:

With that said, we are screwed brehs. Nothing will change until we get a real GM and Coach:beli:
But he was involved in picking Martin over Manziel, and he was involved in not signing Murray which seems like a smart move. He's the main reason we have this O-Line and he's kept Jerry from wanting to make the "splash" moves that hurt this team. If they go get Manziel now it'll be for a much cheaper price than what they would've had to pay before. It's easy to use the misses to make your case, but if you don't list the hits then how can you make a rational judgement? Oh and i hope we don't let Dez off the hook for that bullshyt he pulled in the 1st quarter:why:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

This team was a miscall away from an NFC championship game last year with Jerry at the top, so I dont want to hear none of this. The front office has definitely tried to cheapskate their way to success at times:

-Not paying Murray
-Rolling into the season with Weeden as a backup QB
-Drafting project safeties like Owusu-Ansah and JJ Wilcox

but the product on the field, the 7 game losing streak, getting punked in your house on a short week..Jerry? No, that's coaching.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This team was a miscall away from an NFC championship game last year with Jerry at the top, so I dont want to hear none of this. The front office has definitely tried to cheapskate their way to success at times:

-Not paying Murray
-Rolling into the season with Weeden as a backup QB
-Drafting project safeties like Owusu-Ansah and JJ Wilcox

but the product on the field, the 7 game losing streak, getting punked in your house on a short week..Jerry? No, that's coaching.
Again why are y'all still hung up on Murray? Dude is showing his true colors in Philly right now and he's not worth 40mil.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Again why are y'all still hung up on Murray? Dude is showing his true colors in Philly right now and he's not worth 40mil.
How can you honestly say this given Philly's offensive system? 90% of the plays he's running east and west, that's not his strength. Put him behind Lael Collins and Zack Martin he's a top 3 rusher.