Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I still just can't believe we lost all 4 of the games to ATL, NYG, SEA and NO. Four easily winnable games. I'm not even saying win all four but how do you not split those? That shyt gets me fuming. We were clearly the better team in all four games. Even with a backup QB. Garrett makes it look like its fukking impossible to win an NFL game with your backup QB but teams do it all the time.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
That makes no sense to me. The whole game matters, not just the last drive. The five drives before that one mattered just as much and they got stops. If the offense had done what it supposed to do after any one of those 5 stops then the "last" drive wouldn't have even mattered. If you continue to keep giving the other team a shot at a "last" drive they are going to eventually score.
Breh thats how it works. Just like when a game goes to overtime (ie the Saints game). The rest of the game is irrelevant at that point. We can always play the what if game, but when it comes down to it, we didnt make enough plays on defense to win it. If Romo were playing I would agree with you, but he isnt. We cant expect a third string qb to lead us to victory vs the leagues best defense. Say if we did score more earlier in the game, whos to say Seattle doesnt decide to play more aggresively? Bottom line, if we force a turnover on downs that last drive, we win the game.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Breh thats how it works. Just like when a game goes to overtime (ie the Saints game). The rest of the game is irrelevant at that point. We can always play the what if game, but when it comes down to it, we didnt make enough plays on defense to win it. If Romo were playing I would agree with you, but he isnt. We cant expect a third string qb to lead us to victory vs the leagues best defense. Say if we did score more earlier in the game, whos to say Seattle doesnt decide to play more aggresively? Bottom line, if we force a turnover on downs that last drive, we win the game.

The Saints game is irrelevant to me. We were decimated with injuries and had a third-string rookie LB who shouldn't even be playing get beat on that last play. Nothing to really do about that.

So are we just supposed to shut teams out because we have a backup QB playing? Again, we're talking about the 2x NFC champs here. They are not some garbage team. The defense did more than enough to win, but didn't win. That's not on them. If you could get 13 PPG from a defense every week, every coach in the NFL would take that. We've done that twice in a row and have jack shyt to show for it.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@BlueHeffner tired of the bullshyt on defense like I am. Thank you breh.

Ima breakdown the entire last drive.

1st play: quick pass to the flats to Lockett with dallas in zone for a first down. Dlaw got chopblocked.... If he didnt fall he maybe couldve knocked the pass down. Not trippin on that play. Wasnt an effort or mental bust.

2nd play:lynch 4 yard run. Crawford got blown the fukk up :stopitslime:but still im not mad if you get whipped. They get paid too.

3rd play: read option. Wilson roll out. Church dumbass runs half speed until the ball comes out. EFFORT BUST. If he ran full speed thats a pick.

4th play: 3rd and 6. Pick play to Graham. Dont know why we cant stop this. Ill blame coaching on that. First down.

5th play: playaction. Irving and Hardy get pressure. Incomplete.

6th play:mincey gets pressure and Wilson runs for 7.

7th play: 3rd and 3 another pick play. :snoop:Ok so they are dinking and dunking and barely past midfield. Not in fg range.

8th play:roll out for Wilson. Play Rodney harrison discussed. Mo mental fukkup. In fg range game over basically.

I dont even need to go further because they couldve ran it 3 times and kicked a fg and its over.

Thats 2 mental or effort fukkups by the SECONDARY. again the defense is just OK. It could be good if not for the clowns in the secondary. Anybody who wants to respond to me, watch the replay when @dtownreppin214. Posts the game. Mo got yall fooled this year. Crunchtime is when his wonderlic shows.:pacspit:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The 2013 draft outside of Frederick is starting to look like a fail IMO. Gavin Escobar at the 47th pick has 22 catches in his entire career. That is laughable stats for a 2nd rounder. Meanwhile. At 46 was Kiko Alonso. At 48 was Leveon Bell. Don't tell me we weren't looking for a back because we drafted one later on in the draft in the 5th round. The scheme sucks. We don't know how to use Dez. We don't know how to use Escobar. We don't know how to get receivers open. I hate to say it but I'm starting to agree with the folks on the Zone and the ranch report about Garrett. He probably simply isn't that good of a head coach.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The 2013 draft outside of Frederick is starting to look like a fail IMO. Gavin Escobar at the 47th pick has 22 catches in his entire career. That is laughable stats for a 2nd rounder. Meanwhile. At 46 was Kiko Alonso. At 48 was Leveon Bell. Don't tell me we weren't looking for a back because we drafted one later on in the draft in the 5th round. The scheme sucks. We don't know how to use Dez. We don't know how to use Escobar. We don't know how to get receivers open. I hate to say it but I'm starting to agree with the folks on the Zone and the ranch report about Garrett. He probably simply isn't that good of a head coach.
Youre just seeing that Garrett isnt a good head coach? I wanted this guy gone since 2012 but everyone on the zone insisted that he was rebuilding the roster and competing for the division in the process. The truth is, hes just not a good coach. It took historic performances from Tony Romo and Demarco Murray last year to get this fool our first playoff berth since hes been here.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Let's just say I bought what they were selling. Though I did want him outta here after 2013 which I think would have happened if they lost to the redskins on week 16 of that year.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Escobar is good and when he leaves he will have a nice career like Martellus has, bet that. This dumb ass fukking coaching staff has no idea how to incorporate 2 TE offense despite the fact they been trying to do it for damn near 8 years
Look at what Fasano did when he went to Miami. I know we had the Witten effect and all. But still. He scored 1 touchdown as a Cowboy. He scored 23 while he was a Dolphin. Garrett has no idea how to use these players.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
4th play: 3rd and 6. Pick play to Graham. Dont know why we cant stop this. Ill blame coaching on that. First down.

On this play that stilltheguru brought up, why did we have the defender play so far off the line and off the receiver. It was an easy pitch and catch. I was screaming at the tv before they ran the play because I knew where the ball was going. They still couldn't defend it.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Regardless of what people think about the secondary, the fact is that they gave up 13 points yesterday. So you can post all the whiffed tackles you want, and you can complain about all the bad angles you want, and you can complain about the poor coverage all you want...in the end it equaled 13 points...so it could not have been that bad...because if it was that bad...they would have given up more than 13...

Same thing with the giants...gave up what...13 or 14 points on offense...and this is the same giants offense that hung 49 on the saints yesterday so...

Are we getting turnovers...nope...but you know what we are getting...3 and outs...I think I have seen as many 3 from the time Hardy came back until now than I saw all of last year...

So when you factor those in...lack of turnovers is not that big a deal...or do we want to go back to last years defense where they took the ball away a ton but teams just did whatever they wanted to do from 20 to 20...

Our QB is trash...I was high on General Rod and Trillehan but they are proving themselves to be trash as will...Scott has not made one adjustment since Romo has been out...run on first run on second don't actually throw it past the chains on 3rd...I have no idea what the fukk Rod is doing with his defensive calls...having the corners play 10 yards back on 3 and 5 is not their fault that is his...rushing 3 on 3 and 7 against a QB who can't do anything but scramble is not the defense fault it's his...playing a soft zone against an endless amount of rub plays is not the secondary fault it's his...and Scott...come the fukk on dude...you knew exactly how long Romo was going to be out and you still couldn't change anything...

Nothing to say about Garrett...he's terrible and will always be terrible...but because his family is so entrenched with the joneses he is not going anywhere...

What was the point of trading anything at all for Christine?

How are we not throwing Gavin Escobar the ball at all?

This team is only going as far as Romo takes it because it should be apparent to all he sure as shyt is not getting any help from his coaching staff...The way the whole Kyle Orton thing went down should have showed you that...

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Regardless of what people think about the secondary, the fact is that they gave up 13 points yesterday. So you can post all the whiffed tackles you want, and you can complain about all the bad angles you want, and you can complain about the poor coverage all you want...in the end it equaled 13 points...so it could not have been that bad...because if it was that bad...they would have given up more than 13...

Same thing with the giants...gave up what...13 or 14 points on offense...and this is the same giants offense that hung 49 on the saints yesterday so...

Are we getting turnovers...nope...but you know what we are getting...3 and outs...I think I have seen as many 3 from the time Hardy came back until now than I saw all of last year...

So when you factor those in...lack of turnovers is not that big a deal...or do we want to go back to last years defense where they took the ball away a ton but teams just did whatever they wanted to do from 20 to 20...

Our QB is trash...I was high on General Rod and Trillehan but they are proving themselves to be trash as will...Scott has not made one adjustment since Romo has been out...run on first run on second don't actually throw it past the chains on 3rd...I have no idea what the fukk Rod is doing with his defensive calls...having the corners play 10 yards back on 3 and 5 is not their fault that is his...rushing 3 on 3 and 7 against a QB who can't do anything but scramble is not the defense fault it's his...playing a soft zone against an endless amount of rub plays is not the secondary fault it's his...and Scott...come the fukk on dude...you knew exactly how long Romo was going to be out and you still couldn't change anything...

Nothing to say about Garrett...he's terrible and will always be terrible...but because his family is so entrenched with the joneses he is not going anywhere...

What was the point of trading anything at all for Christine?

How are we not throwing Gavin Escobar the ball at all?

This team is only going as far as Romo takes it because it should be apparent to all he sure as shyt is not getting any help from his coaching staff...The way the whole Kyle Orton thing went down should have showed you that...
My man even though I dapped this post you contradicted the fukk out of yourself. The D gave up 13 no matter what like you said but Rod is a bad D coordinator? That don't match to me fam. I don't think Garrett great but don't think he as bad some thinks esp when most just look at the results and tv feed view and not the all 22 that can tell you things you won't see on tv.

I agree with Christine and some silly white folks on the zone got mad at me for calling them faux scouts for it. Had to tell them nikkas or most likely "cacs" to get off their messageboard high horse. dikkriding each other for no reason. Escobar seems to be good on O like a Jimmy Graham but we shouldn't drafted him that high unless we for sure was going to use him and not like the other TE that did much of nothing while here like Fasano and Martellus. Orton did want to be here so I can't blame that on them unless you got info you want to share with us.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
My man even though I dapped this post you contradicted the fukk out of yourself. The D gave up 13 no matter what like you said but Rod is a bad D coordinator? That don't match to me fam. I don't think Garrett great but don't think he as bad some thinks esp when most just look at the results and tv feed view and not the all 22 that can tell you things you won't see on tv.

I agree with Christine and some silly white folks on the zone got mad at me for calling them faux scouts for it. Had to tell them nikkas or most likely "cacs" to get off their messageboard high horse. dikkriding each other for no reason. Escobar seems to be good on O like a Jimmy Graham but we shouldn't drafted him that high unless we for sure was going to use him and not like the other TE that did much of nothing while here like Fasano and Martellus. Orton did want to be here so I can't blame that on them unless you got info you want to share with us.

You got an explanation for why we giving receivers 10 yards of cushion on 3rd and short...

You got an explanation why we rushing 3 on 3rd and 7...

I do not think Rod is a bad D coordinator but he has made way more than a couple of head scratching moves...his call in that falcons game toward the end of the half when freeman took a dump off and got them in field goal range because Rod decided to drop Tyrone fukking Crawford into a zone coverage is one of the dumbest calls I seen all year...when last year he was making some pretty good calls and coming up with some really good schemes...just sort of :patrice: to me that as the talent level has gone up on defense the scheme and playcalling has gone down

Garrett is going to have to win a super bowl for me to think he is not an atrocious head coach...and even then all I would have to say about him is that he was smart enough to not get in Romo's way.