Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The problem with the defense is we've been a piece away for the last 10 years. First it was we needed to change the defensive scheme. Then it was we needed linebackers. Then we need to improve the secondary. Then we had to upgrade the defensive line. Then we had to change the philosophy in terms of players we've drafted. We did all that and there are still some glaring holes on that side of the ball.

I am not blaming the defense, they've been good but here's the bottom line. Playoff game, 4th quarter and game on the line, defense has to get a stop to get the ball back to the offense. Does anyone here unequivocally trust them to do that? They couldn't do it in Green Bay. They couldn't do it in overtime against the Saints. They couldn't do it yesterday against the Seahawks.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with the defense is we've been a piece away for the last 10 years. First it was we needed to change the defensive scheme. Then it was we needed linebackers. Then we need to improve the secondary. Then we had to upgrade the defensive line. Then we had to change the philosophy in terms of players we've drafted. We did all that and there are still some glaring holes on that side of the ball.

I am not blaming the defense, they've been good but here's the bottom line. Playoff game, 4th quarter and game on the line, defense has to get a stop to get the ball back to the offense. Does anyone here unequivocally trust them to do that? They couldn't do it in Green Bay. They couldn't do it in overtime against the Saints. They couldn't do it yesterday against the Seahawks.
Thats when xs and os go out the window and smart play and tackling is highlighted. Our secondary isnt smart and tackle bad. Simple way to know the outcome. Until I see different from the secondary I'll just hope Romo and Dez save us.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
I don't think people understand how hard it is to win with no qb. Combined with the fact that dez has been gone.

I knew this defense was legit when we held Brady to 6 points in a half. They got gassed the next half but this d is foreal, is our secondary unreliable? of course but they have been keeping us in all our games mostly.

What more can you ask for?
key third down stops and turnovers for one and two :fukknikka: :feedme:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This defense is azz breh. 4 turnovers forced for the season, 0 by our corners.
Defense is azz?!:what:

Main Purpose of a defense is to stop the other team from scoring. They ain't getting turnovers but to call them azz is not smart breh. They're doing their job and getting the offense the ball.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The D is not the problem. If you hold the 2x NFC champs to 13 points you should be able to win that game.

Since we got everyone back healthy the D has given up 13 points in two straight games.
In general I would agree, but we can't just ignore that last drive. You have to do your job the whole game.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

This

1 fukkin stop. How many times have we seen this in the Romo era?

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
In general I would agree, but we can't just ignore that last drive. You have to do your job the whole game.

But it goes both ways. We held them to five straight drives without points before the last drive. Yes, the last drive is important, but having an offense that can take some pressure off the defense when they continue to get stops is equally as important. It's not like they're playing some fukking bums. The Seahawks are a Superbowl caliber team and eventually they are going to get some points on the board if you don't take advantage of your opportunities.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:why:

Ive done seen it all. Now we got brehs that are saying our secondary has been reliable. Go watch Brandon Carr whiff on tackles and constantly out of position and say that with a straight face.

Go watch Barry Church miss tackle after tackle and say they havent been unreliable.

Go watch Wilcox completely take bad angles and say they are reliable

This secondary sucks. It is what it is. The stats prove this. Look at the NE, ATL, NO games as proof.
You ain't seen enough then. What does these things you mentioned have to do with them giving up 13 pts? nikkas ain't going to make every tackle or take the perfect angle everytime. The stats prove it but you only put 3 out of 7 games though? If they so bad why not put every game? You aren't making sense but I understand you upset.

Like Buggsy said you can't do that because you're just saying the other stuff has no bearing on the game. If its late it counts if not its just eh. It don't work like that. I'd love for them to have gotten stop but being realistic they holding cats to 13 gives you a great chance to win the game every game. I don't see why y'all can't see that last drive aside. Hell if they score a td instead of all them fukking field goals last drive means shyt.

But it goes both ways. We held them to five straight drives without points before the last drive. Yes, the last drive is important, but having an offense that can take some pressure off the defense when they continue to get stops is equally as important. It's not like they're playing some fukking bums. The Seahawks are a Superbowl caliber team and eventually they are going to get some points on the board if you don't take advantage of your opportunities.
Exactly

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Breh, we all know our backup Qb aint shyt. Expecting him to put up a ton of points on the best D in the league isnt realistic. Our so called revamped pass rush was supposed to help our secondary and cause more turnovers. Is it far fetched to say we should rely on our healthy defense to win us a game or two? Seattles offense is garbage, so yea we should be able to hold them to 13 points.

A lot of you make so many excuses for this team and its :scust:. Bragging about how we only gave up 6 points to brady in a half only to surrender 24 in the second is just flat our homerism.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh, we all know our backup Qb aint shyt. Expecting him to put up a ton of points on the best D in the league isnt realistic. Our so called revamped pass rush was supposed to help our secondary and cause more turnovers. Is it far fetched to say we should rely on our healthy defense to win us a game or two? Seattles offense is garbage, so yea we should be able to hold them to 13 points.

A lot of you make so many excuses for this team and its :scust:. Bragging about how we only gave up 6 points to brady in a half only to surrender 24 in the second is just flat our homerism.

14 points would have won that game yesterday. The 49ers average the worst PPG in the NFL at 13.6. All we needed to do yesterday was be as good offensively as the worst team in the NFL and we would have either sent the game to OT, or won. That's not a "ton" of points, that's basically doing the bare minimum of what the average NFL team is capable of doing.

We basically had the best defensive game anyone has had against Seattle all year and still lost. How is that on the D? We held Eli to 13 pts two weeks ago and he threw 6 TD's yesterday.

But it's the defense fault :martin:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
14 points would have won that game yesterday. The 49ers average the worst PPG in the NFL at 13.6. All we needed to do yesterday was be as good offensively as the worst team in the NFL and we would have either sent the game to OT, or won. That's not a "ton" of points, that's basically doing the bare minimum of what the average NFL team is capable of doing.

We basically had the best defensive game anyone has had against Seattle all year and still lost. How is that on the D? We held Eli to 13 pts two weeks ago and he threw 6 TD's yesterday.

But it's the defense fault :martin:
1 stop breh, 1. When you have your third string qb in, your D needs to step up when it matters. I dont care if the score was 3-0, and we shut them out until that last drive. Make plays when it matters.

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1 stop breh, 1. When you have your third string qb in, your D needs to step up when it matters. I dont care if the score was 3-0, and we shut them out until that last drive. Make plays when it matters.

That makes no sense to me. The whole game matters, not just the last drive. The five drives before that one mattered just as much and they got stops. If the offense had done what it supposed to do after any one of those 5 stops then the "last" drive wouldn't have even mattered. If you continue to keep giving the other team a shot at a "last" drive they are going to eventually score.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
fukk Cole Beasley. Without looking his longest punt return is 6 yards. Eldeman, Welker, Decker he is not. Extremely poor man version. We could do better at the 3.

The play calling is down right awful, no play action. Running when everyone is expect the run, passing when everyone knows you're passing. Just cause it's the same doesn't mean it ain't ass
Well we wanted an OC. We got that. Problem is, we got an OC that's still running Garrett's offense. His offense is terrible and its unimaginative. Dallas needs an OC that will bring in his own shyt. Don't know how much of a problem that would be for Romo at age 35. But the offensive scheme is terrible. The receivers can't get open. Dez is misued. Imagine if we used Dez like Atlanta uses Julio. We don't do that. Amazing that Dez has this production in this predictable azz offense.

Also, yeah, the Beasley thing is simply lazy and cheap coaching. No way is he a punt returner in this league. He has no speed or quickness back there. I can't believe he's been back there the entire season. Bottom line, this has ben a horribly coached team.