Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Again Hardy playing inside is just a small percentage of their scheme, for the most part he's going to play at his original spot.

I don't think that's correct, LTs are the 2nd most important players on the offense which is they're so valuable. RTs are weaker which is why teams sometimes like to send their best pass rusher at them if they are having trouble getting pressure.
LTs are the better pass blockers (technique and speed) whereas RTS are better run blockers (strength/maulers). When you play RDE you sometimes have to worry about a TE chip blocking you.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Cause Hardy will be playing DT. He'll still generate pressure from that spot and it's not like he'll be asked to line up there often. It is what it is and was known since the decision to draft Gregory
Lol I thought u meant as if its a bad thing :russ:

Im all for getting Hayden off the field at any cost.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
People in this thread are really serious with this move Hardy to DT for some plays stuff:dahellwhat:

This guy has not played damn near a season and a half of football...comes in and is so dominate at the end position it completely changed the way NE, probably the best team in the NFL right now, played. They went damn near exclusively to screens and rub plays for no other reason than Hardy was getting to Brady in about 2 seconds flat...and fresh off that the fist thing people want to do is move him to DT for some snaps:dahellwhat:

What is the logical sense in that? What is the logical sense in taking a guy who just had one of the most productive halves of football any DE has had all year, and want to move him to another position for even one play:dahellwhat:

I'd rather have 3 of our 4 best pass rushers on the field with one of them playing in a premier spot the entire game where he can be dominant than have 4 of our best pass rushers in the game and have a guy play out of position where he would still be very good but not dominant...

Gregory and Lawrence would have to show me they can consistently dominant the tackle one on one for me to be okay with moving Hardy inside...because every play you move him inside and the DE does not get any real rush it is just going to be a waste...because as we saw sunday Hardy is going to get a real rush way more often than not

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
If Hardy haven't played different positions along the line that would be one thing. But he has. And he's still caused havoc. It's inevitable, only a matter of time @duckbutta

I know, doesn't mean I don't think it's a stupid thing to do...it was stupid when Carolina did it...

And like I said he will still be good...but what we gain by putting him at DT for a play is dwarfed by what we lose in him not being a DE for a play...

Tell Mincy to smoke a pack of Black and Milds a day...eat Cheddars 5 days a week...boom...problem solved

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I know, doesn't mean I don't think it's a stupid thing to do...it was stupid when Carolina did it...

And like I said he will still be good...but what we gain by putting him at DT for a play is dwarfed by what we lose in him not being a DE for a play...

Tell Mincy to smoke a pack of Black and Milds a day...eat Cheddars 5 days a week...boom...problem solved
So that's what's putting this weight one me :patrice:

But I dont think you lose much but that's because I think Gregory is a stud of a pass rusher

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Ed Werder just reported Weeden to the bushes.

:swagfather:

Now we are turning to a QB who couldn't keep his job when all he had to do was turn around and give the ball to AP...and couldn't beat out a QB who sat on the ravens bench for years:swagfather:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

ab66c3d30c40491581e2fb5ce75423a2.jpg

Will change your view on moving Hardy to DT

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
A guy who has played a half of pro football is going to change his opinion on a perennial all-pro playing out of position? :dahell:

Hardy inside is OK for a play or two here and there, but let's be real, he's a top 3 edge rusher in the game and that's where he should be. Gregory is not going to come back and be an every down player at this point, he's going to be used as a situational pass rusher and rotated with D-Law