Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
We better fukking not...

Keep Hardy where he is...let gregory and lawrence split time at the other end so they can both go as hard as they can and not worry about pacing themselves...

Moving Hardy inside would legit start to make me wonder about the IQ of this coaching staff...
He actually played inside at times during the preseason and did very well.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
He actually played inside at times during the preseason and did very well.

True, but it is a complete waste of talent to take one of the best edge rushers in the game, and move him anywhere else...

What, you going to move Hardy inside so he can double teamed by centers and guards every play and put fukking Mincy on the edge:francis:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
problem is he's a shytty ass blocker. so when we do have him in, its not to block and teams know that. if in the few rare plays he is in to block, he does a shyty job.

i have a feeling the GMen about to get hit with the injury bug.
Giants been hit with the injury bug . And damn wishing injuries smh

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
True, but it is a complete waste of talent to take one of the best edge rushers in the game, and move him anywhere else...

What, you going to move Hardy inside so he can double teamed by centers and guards every play and put fukking Mincy on the edge:francis:
No, You put Gregory on the edge so you can have the Gregory, Hardy, Crawford & Lawrence pass rush from time to to time.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
No, You put Gregory on the edge so you can have the Gregory, Hardy, Crawford & Lawrence pass rush from time to to time.

While that is our best 4 pass rushers...I think Hardy is to good to be wasting him on center guard double teams...We need just a big body in their...it would be a waste of Hardy's skill set...

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
We better fukking not...

Keep Hardy where he is...let gregory and lawrence split time at the other end so they can both go as hard as they can and not worry about pacing themselves...

Moving Hardy inside would legit start to make me wonder about the IQ of this coaching staff...

Exactly, you don't move your best guys to another position to make less talented guys feel more comfortable. We were getting immense pressure with Hardy on the edge, so you don't move him so whoever else can get on the field.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
While that is our best 4 pass rushers...I think Hardy is to good to be wasting him on center guard double teams...We need just a big body in their...it would be a waste of Hardy's skill set...
Exactly, you don't move your best guys to another position to make less talented guys feel more comfortable. We were getting immense pressure with Hardy on the edge, so you don't move him so whoever else can get on the field.
Did y'all not see the preseason? He didn't look uncomfortable at all and they got pressure with that formation, if they did use it they would only use it for maybe 5% of the defensive plays. Hardy & Lawrence/Gregory would still be the bookend DE for the majority of the game, so i think the worry is really for nothing. I would question the IQ of the staff if they didn't get creative with all the pass rushers they have at their disposal, especially since any other staff would do the exact same thing.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Did y'all not see the preseason? He didn't look uncomfortable at all and they got pressure with that formation, if they did use it they would only use it for maybe 5% of the defensive plays. Hardy & Lawrence/Gregory would still be the bookend DE for the majority of the game, so i think the worry is really for nothing. I would question the IQ of the staff if they didn't get creative with all the pass rushers they have at their disposal, especially since any other staff would do the exact same thing.

Only thing wrong with the pass rush now is Gregory being out...

And I think you are underplaying the difference between playing defensive tackle and defensive end in the scheme we run..it's a bit more complicated than 'have your 4 best past rushers out there"

The drop off in end play from Hardy to Gregory or Lawrence is going to be more than what you gain by moving Greg Hardy inside to DT...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Only thing wrong with the pass rush now is Gregory being out...

And I think you are underplaying the difference between playing defensive tackle and defensive end in the scheme we run..it's a bit more complicated than 'have your 4 best past rushers out there"

The drop off in end play from Hardy to Gregory or Lawrence is going to be more than what you gain by moving Greg Hardy inside to DT...
Greg Hardy showed he's capable of playing inside from time to time, and Marinelli is the one who has come up with the 4 best pass rushers scheme not me. Again you do realize that the Gregory, Hardy, Crawford & Lawrence scheme is a very small part of the playbook right? You make it sound like it would be 80% of the snaps when it's really not.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
The whole plan was to move Hardy all over the line from the jump. Just like the used Simeon Rice in this scheme. It won't effect anything, he'll still make plays from the 1 and QBs won't be stepping up with Gregory and Lawrence coming off the edge

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The whole plan was to move Hardy all over the line from the jump. Just like the used Simeon Rice in this scheme. It won't effect anything, he'll still make plays from the 1 and QBs won't be stepping up with Gregory and Lawrence coming off the edge
And it also diminishes the times we have to see Hayden on the field:takedat:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Hardy is huge no homo and powerful for a 4-3 DE (6'5 280lbs). Crawford is 6'4 290lbs as a 3-tech.

You brehs rather see Nick Fukkin Hayden in on passing situations :francis:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Giants been hit with the injury bug . And damn wishing injuries smh

No one wishing injuries by mentioning the bug is coming. Every team gets hit with them at some point. Cowboys got hit a lot worse than the Giants but it happened early in the year.

I'd love to see how teams would do without a top 4 WR and top 8 QB

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
No one wishing injuries by mentioning the bug is coming. Every team gets hit with them at some point. Cowboys got hit a lot worse than the Giants but it happened early in the year.

I'd love to see how teams would do without a top 4 WR and top 3 QB
:stopitslime: