Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Most of the time our offensive moved was because of stupid NO penalties, but the instance the offensive strategy was agressive for the game tying drive Weeden looked competent. :jbhmm:

Might as well try Cassell...:manny:
For that reason alone cassell won't get a shot.

I do like that nikka Irving tho. He gotta chill on the Mo like celebrating.

Anything less than 50 is a plus for our defense this week.

I was vouching for hundley, chaz green :-(

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh we wont win a game with weeden at the helm. 0-10 in his last 10 starts. We couldnt beat a horrific Saints team with a Rob Ryan led defense, what makes you think we still have a chance? Look at the Gnats schedule and the incredible luck they've had. They played a Bills team without their two best offensive players, and now will lead the division after they beat the hopeless 49ers.

No point in rushing Dez and or Romo back when the season is over. We thought the defense was improved, that turned out to be a lie.

We completely abandoned what got us to 12-4 last year. A power running game that controlled t.o.p and kept this bad defense on the field.

Its over breh. Pray and hope Romo has two-three more good years, because it may be alonggg time until we are contenders again.

Preach. :wow:

But they call me a fake Cowboys fan for moving my main sports focus on the home town baseball team. :yeshrug:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:usurematteroffact:

Breh... :martin:

7 of our 18 first downs were from penalties, this dude weeden is a bum and nobody has any confidence in him.

Patriots dropping 50 on us
Please show me the film of Weeden blowing coverage in the flats. While your at it drop the stats from Weddens missed tackles on 3rd down. Whether you want to admit it or not, Weeden came in and did exactly what he was supposed to do. No one on defense wanted to step up when it mattered, and there were no adjustments at half..just like last week. Blame the QB right?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please show me the film of Weeden blowing coverage in the flats. While your at it drop the stats from Weddens missed tackles on 3rd down. Whether you want to admit it or not, Weeden came in and did exactly what he was supposed to do. No one on defense wanted to step up when it mattered, and there were no adjustments at half..just like last week. Blame the QB right?

But heres the thing, weeden is mediocre AT BEST.

This defense is BAD it always has been, they just never used to be on the field for more than 5 drives. Anyone who is not strait stanning knew this defense was bad, what do you want to blame them for?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Breh we wont win a game with weeden at the helm. 0-10 in his last 10 starts. We couldnt beat a horrific Saints team with a Rob Ryan led defense, what makes you think we still have a chance? Look at the Gnats schedule and the incredible luck they've had. They played a Bills team without their two best offensive players, and now will lead the division after they beat the hopeless 49ers.

No point in rushing Dez and or Romo back when the season is over. We thought the defense was improved, that turned out to be a lie.

We completely abandoned what got us to 12-4 last year. A power running game that controlled t.o.p and kept this bad defense on the field.

Its over breh. Pray and hope Romo has two-three more good years, because it may be alonggg time until we are contenders again.
The defense lost that game, how can you blame Weeden when he led the drive that tied the game?:what: I'm starting to question your football acumen because for you to say they haven't improved but not acknowledge the injuries/suspensions is ridiculous, sorry bruh but i'm putting you in the :camby:category now.
But heres the thing, weeden is mediocre AT BEST.

This defense is BAD it always has been, they just never used to be on the field for more than 5 drives. Anyone who is not strait stanning knew this defense was bad, what do you want to blame them for?
Seriously i can't today:comeon::pachaha::dead: Dudes are really showing their true colors now.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
yea i have to put this loss on the defense. two week in a row the defense has laid a goose egg out there. the best player on defense right now is *gulp* mo claiborne:scust:

d line and d lawrence has been a disappointment, injuries to the lb core and DB's who can't catch(tyler patmon dropped a pick 6 that hit him right in the numbers) and brandon carr's holding penalty that took away a barry church interception.

weeden was 16-26, 240+ yards and a TD. he did what we asked him to do which was not turn the ball over. unfortunately we have no run game to help him out and the defense didn't help him none either. if we can't establish a run game and get the opposing offenses off the field then we're going to continue to see L's until the starters come back.

EDIT: also blame the coaches and lack of run game as well.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
yea i have to put this loss on the defense. two week in a row the defense has laid a goose egg out there. the best player on defense right now is *gulp* mo claiborne:scust:

d line and d lawrence has been a disappointment, injuries to the lb core and DB's who can't catch(tyler patmon dropped a pick 6 that hit him right in the numbers) and brandon carr's holding penalty that took away a barry church interception.

weeden was 16-26, 240+ yards and a TD. he did what we asked him to do which was not turn the ball over. unfortunately we have no run game to help him out and the defense didn't help him none either. if we can't establish a run game and get the opposing offenses off the field then we're going to continue to see L's until the starters come back.
They established the run game last week, the problem was they kept running the same damn play over & over when they mixed it up last year. The defense needs help in a bad way and they're finally getting it, they'll look much better this week but they'll be even better after the bye. Claiborne was more good than bad yesterday, the problem was his bad showed up at the worst times. Dez coming back will help the run game tremendously since they won't be able to cheat a safety to the LOS. 9-7 will win this division so if they lose this week they will only be able to lose 4 more games.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
They established the run game last week, the problem was they kept running the same damn play over & over when they mixed it up last year. The defense needs help in a bad way and they're finally getting it, they'll look much better this week but they'll be even better after the bye. Claiborne was more good than bad yesterday, the problem was his bad showed up at the worst times. Dez coming back will help the run game tremendously since they won't be able to cheat a safety to the LOS. 9-7 will win this division so if they lose this week they will only be able to lose 4 more games.

yea we should be better after the bye. i don't like rbbc. we need to find that one guy to be the lead back to establish a rhythm.

some key plays that hurt us:

patmon dropping a potential pick 6 that hit him right in the numbers

brandon carr's holding penalty that nullified barry church's interception

12 men on the field penalty before the half that got the saints in fg range.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The defense lost that game, how can you blame Weeden when he led the drive that tied the game?:what: I'm starting to question your football acumen because for you to say they haven't improved but not acknowledge the injuries/suspensions is ridiculous, sorry bruh but i'm putting you in the :camby:category now.

Seriously i can't today:comeon::pachaha::dead: Dudes are really showing their true colors now.
Don't question my football acumen breh, Im just being a realist. If you dont think Weeden is a problem for this team right now, then there is no point in debating this going forward. NO let us off the hook with stupid penalties all night that kept drives alive. 20 points on the road in a must win game is unacceptable and we cant expect to win games like this.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Yea I don't see how you can blame Weeden.. I think the expectations might be too high, ppl gotta remember he's a backup QB. If he was good enough to be a starter, he would be a fukkin starter. He did all you can ask for a backup QB which is make some plays, and not lose the game. He did enough to win last night and he doesn't have many offensive weapons around him at this point.

It's hard for me to really point the blame anywhere. We are decimated with injuries. Game winning play last night came down to a rookie LB who should be on the bench right now guarding CJ Spiller because he was the only healthy body we had at LB. There's nothing you can really do about that.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
yea we should be better after the bye. i don't like rbbc. we need to find that one guy to be the lead back to establish a rhythm.

some key plays that hurt us:

patmon dropping a potential pick 6 that hit him right in the numbers

brandon carr's holding penalty that nullified barry church's interception

12 men on the field penalty before the half that got the saints in fg range.
My exact thoughts as well, also not calling a TO after Gachkar came off the field late and Wilson running in late not knowing who to pick up.
Yea I don't see how you can blame Weeden.. I think the expectations might be too high, ppl gotta remember he's a backup QB. If he was good enough to be a starter, he would be a fukkin starter. He did all you can ask for a backup QB which is make some plays, and not lose the game. He did enough to win last night and he doesn't have many offensive weapons around him at this point.

It's hard for me to really point the blame anywhere. We are decimated with injuries. Game winning play last night came down to a rookie LB who should be on the bench right now guarding CJ Spiller because he was the only healthy body we had at LB. There's nothing you can really do about that.
Blame is on the coaching staff and the players who committed dumb penalties at the worst time.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

So wondering into sacks is what he is supposed to do? Cause down toward the red zone his damn ass just drifted back, back, back, making it impossible for Tyron Smith to actually block the dude.

So just dropping back and throwing touch passes with no touch at all to a receiver who can't catch is what he is supposed to do? Mufukka just took a threw step drop and lobbed the ball in the air...lobbed two of them shyts right into double coverage?

Missed a wide open Witten on a critical third down play.

Did he throw any passes to Escobar at all?

Had an easy first down scramble on a play? Nope to slow and oafish and somehow let a DT get off his block chase him down, and tackle him short of the first...

You and I must have watched two different games last night. You in this thread acting like half the cowboys first down didn't come by penalty...like the offensive mvp of the game for us wasn't branndon browner.

Dude has been okay but this team is not going anywhere with him...he doesn't make a bad play but he doesn't make a "great" play ever...never spins out of a tackle...never makes something happen on a broken play...never takes a chance down the field...and no those bs throws to t rex arms don't count as taking chances down the field because that was done primarily cause he didn't like being called a checkdown qb...they even said as much in the game...

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Injuries...Injuries...Injuries

Dez and Antonio here with us, we don't lose either of the last two games, defense or no defense, those two are SORELY missed right now. I agree with some of what was said up in here, but acting like it's all on the defense, or it's all on Weeden/offense is wild.

This team is decimated right now, but I think if we can heal up and just stay in it til they come back, we can do some damage...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Brehs, it's time to just take a step back and see this season for what it is.

With Romo, we would be 4-0 right now. Even with all the other injuries, Romo at least makes the defensive players and coordinator respect the pass and allow us running lanes.

You guys need to accept the very likely possibility we are at 2-6 a month from now. This season is practically a wash.

If we win the division, it will be because the rest of the East is garbage, not because we're a good football team.

See you boys next week :mjcry: