Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Tevin Coleman may not play this week. Atlanta may be very one dimensional. Julio is better than ODB as of right now so it will be interesting to see how they defend him. The Hankerson/Patmon matchup is the one that we need to watch and we must get to Ryan. Their defense is not all that good but that offense is great. Well the pass offense. Their rushing game is average right now.

Our defense right now.
6th in points allowed per game
3rd in yards allowed per game
1st in run defense
10th in pass defense (which would be better if we didn't allow many garbage yards at the end of the Eagles game)
3rd in yards per play (underrated stat)

However, Dallas is still struggling to get sacks. The defense is getting to the QB better but still only have 2 sacks this season. I think that will improve with the addition of Hardy, McClain, and Gregory. But the defense will need to get to Ryan and Brees the next two weeks if Dallas realistically want to win these two games.

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Double julio and we good. Philly and NY are dumb singling him up so much.
Philly thought Maxwell was some shutdown corner. He is lucky Dez didn't play because he would have beaten him like a rented mule the way Julio did. New York I have no reason why they defended Julio the way they did.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Negatives

So in preseason Chris Jones (I presume he was punting) looked terrible and Beasley looked like the answer at returner. Well Beasley looked terrible and Jones looked all-pro, I'm ready to see Lucky Whitehead get a shot back there

Gavin Escobar - until proven otherwise he's the Bruce Carter of tight ends. All the physical tools to succeed but I question his football intelligence (1. Diving into the endzone instead of running through and 2. getting ripped by Maxwell)

Bernadeau - cat was getting his ass whipped. Free was abysmal at times..1st possession in I think the 2nd quarter he damn near got Romo killed with his whiff on the outside. He whiffed again on that "forward pass" right before halftime.

Jeff Heath :mjlol:

Concerns

-Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think we've registered a sack.

-Can Weeden throw anything besides a slant?

-I want to see more of Devin Street to see what kind of player we got.

-Did Demarco hurdle anybody his entire tenure in Dallas :martin: Seemed like dude was front running yesterday

-I'm not on the secondary's bandwagon yet (Claiborne/Patmon). We'll see how legit they are this Sunday. This is going to be a complete receiving core we're facing with Julio Jones and two decent guys in Hankerson and Roddy White.

Nothing more overrated in football than a QB sack...

The last thing I want to do to a shook QB like Bradford...is actually knock him down...just get pressure on him...make him nervous...and what do you know...

Stupid decision pick for lee in the endzone...

Unnecessary high pass pick for church...

Sacking QB's used to be a big deal for me years ago...now I focus on just a "pass rush" because everything is so timing based in nfl offenses now that all you need to do is disrupt that a little bit and...well...see how this game went.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Glad the 'doom and gloom' attitude changed over the last 24 hrs :obama:

we gonna be good. Romo out for 8 weeks. Atlanta and Saints could both be W's especially wit Breesus possbly missing the game. Then you figure we take the L to New England. Bye week. Then come back against the GMen. This probably will be an L; dont see us extended our streak for 4 years. We play Seattle; another L. Play Philly which will be a W, then Tampa and Miami, both W's. Plenty of teams have had average QB's carried by top 10/5 defenses; we bout to be one of them. That means we would be 7-3 before the Thanksgiving game.

Dez and Romo making their debut together on thanksgiving day in front of the whole country watching while eating turkey :whew:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imma just say it. Our defense will be top ten this year. I'm leaning towards top 5. I still see play offs for us. With out penalties we would have blew out the eagles. With out freak turnovers we would have blown out the giants. I think weeden will be serviceable enough to make it through these next 8 games with a winning record.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Imma just say it. Our defense will be top ten this year. I'm leaning towards top 5. I still see play offs for us. With out penalties we would have blew out the eagles. With out freak turnovers we would have blown out the giants. I think weeden will be serviceable enough to make it through these next 8 games with a winning record.

I think so too.

We made a bunch of mistakes these two games...nobody plays perfect ball but we been a bit sloppy so far, just gotta clean up the mistakes and we rollin

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing more overrated in football than a QB sack...

The last thing I want to do to a shook QB like Bradford...is actually knock him down...just get pressure on him...make him nervous...and what do you know...

Stupid decision pick for lee in the endzone...

Unnecessary high pass pick for church...

Sacking QB's used to be a big deal for me years ago...now I focus on just a "pass rush" because everything is so timing based in nfl offenses now that all you need to do is disrupt that a little bit and...well...see how this game went.
I understand why you said what you said but you dead wrong about sacks by being overrated.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Yeah I have to agree. It's great to rattle a QB and have him make stupid decisions. But sacks are losses. It's easier to deal with 2nd and 17 then 2nd and 10. 2nd and 17 usually leads to 3rd and long.