Off-Field Issues, On-Field Problem - Official 2015 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see that if we were a one dimensional team or something, but we're not.

True but look at it this way, first down we got 2 tight ends and 2 receivers as usual and they got 8 in the box. Is Twill gona beat his man 1 on 1? i feel like were gona be in shotgun almost all passing downs

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I might be the only one not concerned. Those last two drives, and many other drives went well without Dez. (If anything Romo doesn't get to force passes to him these next few weeks) He is a pivotal part of our offense, but our dominance doesn't solely rely on him. Too much over reaction in here brehs, let's wait to over react 'til half time.
:yeshrug:
I feel the same breh, mainly because of Trillehan and Romo is waaay better now. If it were Garrett calling the plays, I would be very concerned. Expect to see the backs used a lot in the passing game goinn forward.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I might be the only one not concerned. Those last two drives, and many other drives went well without Dez. (If anything Romo doesn't get to force passes to him these next few weeks) He is a pivotal part of our offense, but our dominance doesn't solely rely on him. Too much over reaction in here brehs, let's wait to over react 'til half time.
:yeshrug:

Exactly...

As long as we have Antonio under center...I'm good

I feel like he's improved his game so much. HES the key cog in this offense and team. Dude is OUR guy!!

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Yall are bugging. The only reason we had success without DEZ is because teams didn't get to prepare/gameplan for him not being in the lineup.

Going forward is a different story. Teams will double Witten, and stack the box and devise a gameplan that doesn't involve DEZ and practice that all week prior to the game. I'm not saying we can't win games without DEZ but don't let those last two drives fool you. Also keep in mind those two drives, especially the first the Giants were in prevent. There's a reason we don't run the hurry up unless we are down.

The key is going to be our defense. We will need our defense to create turnovers and the offense HAS TO capitalize on them. FG's won't cut it. Escobar will need to be utilized. Williams will get his time to prove he is capable of being a number one.

Expect to see a lot of Witten and Beasley though. Honestly I don't see how the Eagles lose this game and go down 0-2.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Yall are bugging. The only reason we had success without DEZ is because teams didn't get to prepare/gameplan for him not being in the lineup.

Going forward is a different story. Teams will double Witten, and stack the box and devise a gameplan that doesn't involve DEZ and practice that all week prior to the game. I'm not saying we can't win games without DEZ but don't let those last two drives fool you. Also keep in mind those two drives, especially the first the Giants were in prevent. There's a reason we don't run the hurry up unless we are down.

The key is going to be our defense. We will need our defense to create turnovers and the offense HAS TO capitalize on them. FG's won't cut it. Escobar will need to be utilized. Williams will get his time to prove he is capable of being a number one.

Expect to see a lot of Witten and Beasley though. Honestly I don't see how the Eagles lose this game and go down 0-2.
As long as Romo is healthy, we are good.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Marcus Peters has two interceptions already, while our first round pick is 4th on the depth chart @dtownreppin214 :mjcry:
lol i just said this exact same thing to my homie bout 5 minutes ago.

he was drafted before our pick so i can't get mad about that. the thing that pisses me off is that we had him off our draft board completely b/c of his off-field issues.