Oculus Rift Official Thread (preorders start 1/6/16 $599 Expected to Ship in March)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if that was @Ciggavelli he'd have Palmer Luckey stay for a bit to see if it works.

"Yeah let's try it out Ci*Gets interrupted*

":damn: Don't touch that!! I have furmark running to test my two GPUS :mjcry:. Just five more hours...."

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli, are you getting yours today? :lupe:
Nah, they only sent them out to backers so far. I got the email that it's shipping soon though, so I'm hoping this week. I can't fukking wait. I was lucky to order quick enough to get the "shipping soon" email, as a lot of people that preordered on day 1 didn't get the email yet.

I'll drop impressions as soon as I get my Rift (I also got the "now processing" email for my Vive too. I wonder which will come first? :lupe:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
People are reporting motion sickness with Project Cars. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. :lupe:

The Rift is getting good reviews from most people, but the WSJ review was pretty bad.

I can't wait to try it myself. I expect shipping details this week (hopefully today :lupe:)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Oculus is really fukking up with the release of this shyt. Nobody has it yet, except for some of the initial backers. I'm expecting a mid-April shipment now (since they said it was shipping in 1-3 weeks). My Vive will probably come before my Rift, as the Vive has an April 4th ship date for the first wave (which I'm apart of)

I wanted it this week, but I doubt that's happening now :mjcry:

Chef

All Star
Daps
:mjcry: the next level of gaming is upon us. Let us join hands as we step into a new frontier, one of which we may not be completely ready for :mjcry:

Horror games on this shyt :mjcry:

I'm going to shyt myself playing those.:to:I can barerly play with Outlast.:to:

I'm going to finish Outlast tonight.:to:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Oculus is really fukking up with the release of this shyt. Nobody has it yet, except for some of the initial backers. I'm expecting a mid-April shipment now (since they said it was shipping in 1-3 weeks). My Vive will probably come before my Rift, as the Vive has an April 4th ship date for the first wave (which I'm apart of)

I wanted it this week, but I doubt that's happening now :mjcry:
You think getting both will be worth it? Are there notable exclusives or something because it seems like developers would just port games between them.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You think getting both will be worth it? Are there notable exclusives or something because it seems like developers would just port games between them.
thing is the Vive can do everything the OR can do, and more. so if something's 'exclusive' to the OR, it's only because they put money in a hat. games 'exclusive' to the Vive will be that way because they depend on the Vive's extra features (room tracking, front-facing camera, etc)