Oculus Rift Official Thread (preorders start 1/6/16 $599 Expected to Ship in March)

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Man, fukk the Vive. The real VR experience is with the Rift. These "real" games, without the fukking wiimote controls, are the truth. Using an X1 controller is so much better than using fake wiimotes (like with the Vive). All the Vive games are centered around the controllers, and that's hurting them. They're gimmicky and not fun. The Rift here...now that's the shyt. It's what I expected with VR. I am very happy with this purchase.

I recommend the Rift over the Vive. The Vive is gimmicky and has no games. The Rift has games, and they're good. :wow:

I always thought VR was the future, but after playing with the Vive for a week, I was disappointed and skeptical of that assertion. With the Rift, I am not disappointed at all. VR really is the future, and Oculus is leading the pack.

Oculus has a winner here. This shyt is :ohlawd:

Just :wow:
:ehh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One bad thing about the Rift is the download times on their platform. It's just as slow as the Win10 store. I wish everybody was as fast as Steam. I'm still downloading a few games from this afternoon, and will be all night and tomorrow.

I do like how the platform rates the games by their VR intensity. Those high intensity games fukk you up :wow: I almost got sick today. I hope I get used to it :sadcam:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
One bad thing about the Rift is the download times on their platform. It's just as slow as the Win10 store. I wish everybody was as fast as Steam. I'm still downloading a few games from this afternoon, and will be all night and tomorrow.

I do like how the platform rates the games by their VR intensity. Those high intensity games fukk you up :wow: I almost got sick today. I hope I get used to it :sadcam:
Glad you're loving it :salute:

Oculus is the truth.

And yeah I've seen quite a few people puke from playing on it. It's not for people who get motion sickness easily

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just played Lucky's Tale for a bit. Third-person VR works really well. The game is a Mario 64 clone, but man, it's pretty fukking spectacular (fukk the reviews).

VR is amazing :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not making the headphones adjustable is the only design flaw I see with the Rift. Everything else is perfect. The Rift looks better than the Vive and is lighter too. The headset does get hot though (nothing terrible though).

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Not making the headphones adjustable is the only design flaw I see with the Rift. Everything else is perfect. The Rift looks better than the Vive and is lighter too. The headset does get hot though (nothing terrible though).

What's the best game that you've played so far?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What's the best game that you've played so far?
Well, my favorite game is on the Vive, and it's not really a game at all. Google Title Brush is fun as hell. Creating art in 3d VR is the shyt. I like to be creative though. :manny:

As for the Rift, I like Lucky's Tale a lot. It's a mario 64 clone, but it's cool and fun. I'm still downloading Project Cars and Chronos, but those are supposed to be great too. We'll see later tonight (Rift downloads are slow as hell :sadcam:). The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on the Rift is real nice too.

Edit: There's still no "killer app" on either device yet though. I recommend waiting, but I love to have the latest tech, so I'm glad I got both headsets

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Just ordered an Oculus Rift. My wife has been harrasing me about getting one, so i finally committed. My estimated ship date is August 2016! :laff: Im in no hurry, but i now if these things get hot over the summer they'll likely be impossible to get for Christmas.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just ordered an Oculus Rift. My wife has been harrasing me about getting one, so i finally committed. My estimated ship date is August 2016! :laff: Im in no hurry, but i now if these things get hot over the summer they'll likely be impossible to get for Christmas.
I could flip my Rift for like more than double right now on ebay (since nobody has it yet), but I like it so much, I'm gonna keep it. This is the hottest electronic device we've seen in a while. The shyt is the truth. I love my Rift

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could flip my Rift for like more than double right now on ebay (since nobody has it yet), but I like it so much, I'm gonna keep it. This is the hottest electronic device we've seen in a while. The shyt is the truth. I love my Rift
but everybody said this is Kinect 2.5 with goggles and Wii games. :troll:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Wow, VR fatigue is real. I just played some "intense" games for an hour or so, and I took the headset off and I'm fukked up in real life :wow:

ADR1FT really fukks you up. The game sucks, but you really feel weightless in space. shyt is fukking intense :wow:

BTW, racing in VR is the fukking shyt. I might start liking Racing games now. The sense of speed is something you can't get with a TV or PC monitor :wow:

VR is fukking insane! :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Wow, VR fatigue is real. I just played some "intense" games for an hour or so, and I took the headset off and I'm fukked up in real life :wow:

ADR1FT really fukks you up. The game sucks, but you really feel weightless in space. shyt is fukking intense :wow:

BTW, racing in VR is the fukking shyt. I might start liking Racing games now. The sense of speed is something you can't get with a TV or PC monitor :wow:

VR is fukking insane! :wow:
which games are labeled "intense"?