OCTOPATH TRAVELER (PC, Xbox One, Switch)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is the progression of each chapter the same? Go to a town, do your job path skill, then run a dungeon/boss? Not complaining but the formula of the game seems very repetitive so far. I'm only on the Chapter 2s. Bewildering Graceis a must skill to use to get those XP and JP multipliers.
Pretty much
There are a few (very few) that deviate from that formula but that's it.

If you feel like it's getting too samey I would recommend exploring the world a bit. I didn't do any stories for like a week, just explored and did some side dungeons and side quests

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Im done all the chapter 3s. I agree Primrose story is the best. Ophilias just picked up :wow:

I want to finish this before i start anything else thats realy long.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A bit late to the party but I’m really enjoying this game so much. Reminds me of the old school rpgs I used to play with a somehow modern twist. The music is fantastic too.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Anyway bother finishing this? Heard it gets super repetitive and grindy.
I was like 70 hours in and got to playing other shyt, and it's probably too late to go back now :francis:

I still really like it. It does get to feel kind of grindy, but the stories and battles are good enough to keep it interesting. Just have multiple games I'd rather play right now

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Anyway bother finishing this? Heard it gets super repetitive and grindy.
I did everyones second chapter and got bored. Not sure if i feel like grinding to make myself ready for third level battles.

Moved on to YS VIII which is IMMENSELY better. Such a great game

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
just got a switch for xmas and this was my first game i downloaded.. zelda downloading now as well. the music is fukking incredible. I love the sprite work. Those unreal engine particle effects :wow: this feels like such a throwback to old JRPG's. I'm starting out with the knight dude, really digging the story, voice acting and ambiance so far. I think it's hilarious that he can just challenge little timmy's mom to a sparring session after he just got kidnapped :russ:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
just got a switch for xmas and this was my first game i downloaded.. zelda downloading now as well. the music is fukking incredible. I love the sprite work. Those unreal engine particle effects :wow: this feels like such a throwback to old JRPG's. I'm starting out with the knight dude, really digging the story, voice acting and ambiance so far. I think it's hilarious that he can just challenge little timmy's mom to a sparring session after he just got kidnapped :russ:
wait till u get to primrose part :picard: the language