OCTOPATH TRAVELER (PC, Xbox One, Switch)

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just copped the switch and stumbled across the title and description. Seems cool af but I’m trying to hear from people who played it. I love RPG’s. Is this a must have or just aight.

Edit: I haven’t read a word in this thread to avoid spoilers.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Just copped the switch and stumbled across the title and description. Seems cool af but I’m trying to hear from people who played it. I love RPG’s. Is this a must have or just aight.

Edit: I haven’t read a word in this thread to avoid spoilers.
It's a really good game, but you definitely have to have time to sink into it.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I been contemplating checking this game out and was wondering if y’all would recommend it for me.

I’ll play the demo when I get the chance this weekend, but I’ve been looking for a good RPG game that I can really sink my teeth into after I finish BotW. I wanna play something that’s not so action-oriented so I can pick up and play/pause whenever.

I’m living that family life so you can’t pause Warframe or Smash Bros when ya girl or the kid calls you upstairs for something:russ:

If the combat and skill progression is good I might be sold on it. Do y’all recommend this or any other RPG’s that’re really good but easy to jump in and out of? The biggest thing keeping me from taking the plunge with Octopath is that there’s no created characters (which makes sense given the story) and the fact that I heard it’s grindy. I don’t mind a little grindiness but I got a real life too I ain’t tryna be trash just cuz I don’t wanna farm shyt a million times

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I been contemplating checking this game out and was wondering if y’all would recommend it for me.

I’ll play the demo when I get the chance this weekend, but I’ve been looking for a good RPG game that I can really sink my teeth into after I finish BotW. I wanna play something that’s not so action-oriented so I can pick up and play/pause whenever.

I’m living that family life so you can’t pause Warframe or Smash Bros when ya girl or the kid calls you upstairs for something:russ:

If the combat and skill progression is good I might be sold on it. Do y’all recommend this or any other RPG’s that’re really good but easy to jump in and out of? The biggest thing keeping me from taking the plunge with Octopath is that there’s no created characters (which makes sense given the story) and the fact that I heard it’s grindy. I don’t mind a little grindiness but I got a real life too I ain’t tryna be trash just cuz I don’t wanna farm shyt a million times

If you’re a fan of old-school JRPG’s than I’d say this is a game for you. It’s turn-based(obviously),so it’s a great pick up and play. You’re gear matters more than your level, and there is plenty of ways to obtain good gear, which doesn’t require much time or grinding.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you’re a fan of old-school JRPG’s than I’d say this is a game for you. It’s turn-based(obviously),so it’s a great pick up and play. You’re gear matters more than your level, and there is plenty of ways to obtain good gear, which doesn’t require much time or grinding.

Played an hour on the demo and I copped a day later:wow:

Almost bought that shyt for the soundtrack alone after the first 20 minutes:banderas:

Should keep me busy until Fire Emblem comes out. I like the Boost/Break system and so far the skills/progression is on point too. Excited to see what battles look like after I’ve nabbed a couple characters and get them leveled up

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
After playing this for the past 3-4 months I just finally beat it completely with doing the true final boss.

It is definetly in my top 5 switch games, I would say 3rd behind BOTW and Xenoblade 2. Super charming game and I really enjoyed all the characters. To me I enjoyed most of the stories. Some of them were rough to start with like Ophelia and Cyrus, but they got better by the end. I think Primrose had the best story by far. What I really liked is that their wasn't too much grinding and also your level wasn't a major factor. It mainly comes down to your equipment and strategies.

Although I will mention about the endgame optional bosses is that they force you to have a more aggressive strategy. Which is fine since the fights with Devourer of Men and Managarmr have tons of HP and do tons of damage.

But the fight with Galdera wasn't a good idea since you have to beat 8 ch 4 bosses in a row before you are allowed to challenge him. But those bosses were easy at this point so I didn't have a big issue. The problem is when you fight Galdera initially it can be overwhelming if you don't have a great strategy going in. Then clearly have to fight those 8 bosses in a row again is just annoying.

I like the concept of splitting your party into 2 groups to take down each of the two phases of the bosses, but it can be really tough like I said before.

This really isn't a big complaint, just me nitpicking. As I really enjoyed this game and highly recommend it for anyone really into JRPGS. Although most would of picked it up by now since it's been a year since it's been released.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
hopped back into this today...did some chapter 2 & 4 chapters for tressa and prim.... :russ: im overleved like a mf...finally got that runelord secret job had to peep what the boss was doin after a few L's tryna figure out who to give it to...i forgot how fire this game is