OCTOPATH TRAVELER II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (February 24, 2023)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finished the stories for Throne, Osvald, Partitio, Hikari, and Cassti.

Id rank the stories from best to worst out of those 5 as Throne,Cassti,Partitio,Osvald,Hikari.

Hikaru's final boss whooped my ass, had to fall back and restructure the squad. Cassti with Merchant support abilities is set up to to go first, has full ability, and can boost the entire parties BP to max on first turn.

bu8dh7A.jpg

z7YZrMQ.jpg

ru1PqrE.jpg

km0zstI.jpg

AysDwsY.jpg

MsxRzmU.jpg

MBvJo2z.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Loving the modern conveniences this game has, with being able to pause, ffwd or skip pretty much all vocal story beats. And being able to replay them immediately after they happen as well at your leisure. Definitely helps for recaps, going back and screenshooting moments you've done if you forgot to, missed audio, etc.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Loving the modern conveniences this game has, with being able to pause, ffwd or skip pretty much all vocal story beats. And being able to replay them immediately after they happen as well at your leisure. Definitely helps for recaps, going back and screenshooting moments you've done if you forgot to, missed audio, etc.
plus switching to day and night with a one button click is clutch for exploring towns, grinding, and the Black Market. no bullshyt setting times or waiting for a a long ass pause

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

I didnt know you couls re watch scenes how you do that :whoo:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I didnt know you couls re watch scenes how you do that :whoo:
You just bring up the game menu and go to Journal. Has everyone's storylines broken down to every "cut-scene" moment, separated by chapter. It has the all the moments of Travel Banter, Extra Conjoined Stories, side story hints and everything there as well. So that's handy for if you forgot a moment in the story or whatnot.

My only request that I don't believe you can do from there is either play chapter or a character's full story on a Play All function. I'd hope that most RPG or heavy story orientated games have a feature like this.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
So how is the story and narrative interactions between characters? How does the gameplay look outside of combat?

I played part of the demo and it didn't look very promising :francis:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Finished the stories for Throne, Osvald, Partitio, Hikari, and Cassti.

Id rank the stories from best to worst out of those 5 as Throne,Cassti,Partitio,Osvald,Hikari.
That might explain why I was disappointed with the story in the demo, I only played Hikari's first chapter. He was the character who's narrative hyped me the most :snoop:

It's reassuring to hear that there's better out there.

To those who played Triangle Strategy, yall rank this even higher?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That might explain why I was disappointed with the story in the demo, I only played Hikari's first chapter. He was the character who's narrative hyped me the most :snoop:

It's reassuring to hear that there's better out there.

To those who played Triangle Strategy, yall rank this even higher?
I like Hikari's tale. Only thing about his is that it's one of the more common story types.