NYU announces separated dorms for black identified students.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If that’s the case and if it really is the black students that requested. :dwillhuh:

Then why not just go to an HBCU??:gucci:

That the main thing I find idiotic about this or makes me go :comeon::shaq2:

This a waste, I would just withdraw and transfer to A&T or Hampton or Howard or etc.

fukk do I need to do all this shyt and risk getting weird looks at me or possibly treated differently?:mindblown:

shyt is STUPID.

Also if I’m giving money to a university that’s not going to do everything in their power to make sure I’m treated like an equal and protect me too. And their biggest solution is to SEPARATE me, why the fukk would I wanna continue to pay them my tuition?:mindblown:

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
While it is common for all races to self segregate, I don’t know if this is a good step to have it institutionalized. NYU is a fairly good school and young kids will need the experience of dealing/sharing spaces with other races. Good or bad it’s a valuable experience, especially if you plan to work professionally in a diverse space such as NYC. This just feels like a step backwards.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man I’m just so glad that I went to a black school and was just around my people.

Like even going back to middle..... I’ve never really went to white schools.

maybe my elementary but that’s cuz we moved around so I went to different ones. But middle to graduation. All black.

Then attended the greatest HBCU of them all in A&T.

I can’t even relate to my black friends that went to Carolina, UNCC, USoCarolina and etc white schools. And some of them I can tell feel inferior to me cuz they don’t have the same pride that I have and don’t even know what it feels like:wow:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

The dorms are just converted hotels

Washington Square Park is the "quad" but it's obviously not owned by NYU.

The area around WSP is the "neighborhood" of NYU but they have school buildings uptown and in BK, maybe even another place. But its a neighborhood not a campus.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Just transfer to a HBCU then

I get it but it comes off like typical overcompensating

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
America always been segregated..why pretend its not and deny Black kids a safe space away from terrorsist threats and harassment?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Under Barack Obama’s administration, the top 1 percent of African Americans saw their share of wealth double from 19.4 percent to 40.5 percent. Working-class African Americans are worse off than they were four decades ago, while things have never been better for the rich.

Love how they conveniently excluded how the rest of African Americans did under Obama and went to a sweeping "working class African Americans are worse off" right now. Well yeah, Obama ain't president right now.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I was much more concerned with actually getting Black students into college and preparing them properly/getting them financial aid and job connections than I was getting a bunch of octoroon students having their Coli militant stage.

:mjlol:

Wish I could see the faces of students thinkin they walkin into a Black Panther commune, only to see a flood of Kamalas, Kerruches, Mariah Carrys, Dwayne Johnsons, and Logics walking around with a bit of Rachel Dolezal sprinkled in. :heh:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
If that’s the case and if it really is the black students that requested. :dwillhuh:

Then why not just go to an HBCU??:gucci:

That the main thing I find idiotic about this or makes me go :comeon::shaq2:

This a waste, I would just withdraw and transfer to A&T or Hampton or Howard or etc.

fukk do I need to do all this shyt and risk getting weird looks at me or possibly treated differently?:mindblown:

shyt is STUPID.

Also if I’m giving money to a university that’s not going to do everything in their power to make sure I’m treated like an equal and protect me too. And their biggest solution is to SEPARATE me, why the fukk would I wanna continue to pay them my tuition?:mindblown:

You pay for the degree and its prestige.

You don't pay for them to protect you. You spend 4 years there and you dip.