NYU announces separated dorms for black identified students.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Mixing of cultures help college students for the real world. Imagine living separated for 4 or more years of college then being on your own in life not experiencing the good or bad of dealing with racial issues. Its going to cause further separation and anger (for some) towards other races.

Would everyone feel its a good idea if white people said they want their own dorms bc they don't want to live with black people?
I swear, I love our people of course but we do not think shyt through at all. Everything you said is 100% correct

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You pay for the degree and its prestige.

You don't pay for them to protect you. You spend 4 years there and you dip.

A&T has prestige.

I got that degree and not once had a one ever been like “tee hee hee hee you went to A&T?”:umad:

Many HBCUs have prestige

SagalaMiner

Rookie
Daps
This idea is dumb as a fukk when you consider that these universities are designed to increase your chances for being hired at the top corporations, which are overwhelmingly ran by non-blacks. Therefore if you intend to go to an expensive ass predominately cac university with the plan of one day working at a successful corporation that will likely be predominantly cac too, then you're better off preparing yourself for dealing with non-blacks during college rather than wait for reality to hit you in the face when you begin working.
Someone needs to inform all the Indians, Chinese, Filipinos, and Nigerians that they need to go back home and prepare to deal with non-blacks.

SagalaMiner

Rookie
Daps
How many people on here have got a professional job link through a non-black fellow student?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
goddamn brother smh...reading this pissed me off
I'm not sure why this surprises some of yall. The south has racist Cacs, but they are open about it. The west coast and northeast on the other hand has passive aggressive racist Cacs and Asians. The worst are wealthy Cacs and wealthy Asians (mostly Korean, Chinese, and Indian). They will call the cops on you for simply being in their neighborhood and you will be the suspect if anything happens. Been there, done that.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Someone needs to inform all the Indians, Chinese, Filipinos, and Nigerians that they need to go back home and prepare to deal with non-blacks.
The Nigerians and Indians that you see here are upper caste, they don't care about what is going on in their home countries. That's why they left with their money. Filipinos on the other hand are just nomadic people; they been leaving the Filipines since forever. I remember when I was in Dubai I saw more Filipinos than Arabs :mjlol:.

Daps
“Segregating” from pink Devils is a bad thing?

"pink devils"? :francis:

I'm all for segregation as long as it isn't forced. I live in a majority black area. I go several days without seeing white folks at times, and I love it.

but I choose to live here.

At the time this thread was posted, OP forgot to mention that the students chose this. He made it seem as if they were being forced and had to come back and issue a retraction.

I posted before his retraction.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
“Segregating” from pink Devils is a bad thing?
It depends how you do it. If you're self segregating in a way that lets Cacs cut us off from resources that's bad. This is one of the main reasons why separate but equal failed. You might also miss out on opportunities :yeshrug:. Imagine having a roommate whose dad is a board of director for Apple :picard:. Best believe I'm going to apply for apple and put him down as my recommendation :mjlol:.

Asante

All Star
Daps
It depends how you do it. If you're self segregating in a way that lets Cacs cut us off from resources that's bad. This is one of the main reasons why separate but equal failed. You might also miss out on opportunities :yeshrug:. Imagine having a roommate whose dad is a board of director for Apple :picard:. Best believe I'm going to apply for apple and put him down as my recommendation :mjlol:.

So keep close relations with our enemies, because we can someday get a favor (a job) in their society. Na, that’s not the logic of black liberation.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
whats the problem? A black organization asked for this. Why would they want to live around a bunch of cacs?

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

It's a bad thing. When those students hit the real world and are surrounded by whites, Asians, and Hispanics it'll be a cultural shock. Living in a black neighborhood is alright, but them big corporations will eat you alive if you can't adjust.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
So keep close relations with our enemies, because we can someday get a favor (a job) in their society. Na, that’s not the logic of black liberation.
I get what you're saying, however you need to maintain a relationship with Cacs and Asians due to the fact that they control important industries:yeshrug:. What we should be doing is increasing our share of the labor market in tech and finance. Once we've done that we can decouple from Cacs and Asians :francis:. For exmaple, if you're trying to get a job at google or IBM, you're going to have to know a Cac or an Asian for the recommendation (there's barely any black people that work at those companies).

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
It's a bad thing. When those students hit the real world and are surrounded by whites, Asians, and Hispanics it'll be a cultural shock. Living in a black neighborhood is alright, but them big corporations will eat you alive if you can't adjust.
Naw.:mjlol: