NYU announces separated dorms for black identified students.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you're saying, however you need to maintain a relationship with Cacs and Asians due to the fact that they control important industries:yeshrug:. What we should be doing is increasing our share of the labor market in tech and finance. Once we've done that we can decouple from Cacs and Asians :francis:. For exmaple, if you're trying to get a job at google or IBM, you're going to have to know a Cac or an Asian for the recommendation (there's barely any black people that work at those companies).

thing is if they are providing you an opportunity, then would they still be considered the enemy? The reality is the racism may not come from the person that hired you, but from other fools hired there. So instead of looking at it like you are forced to work with your enemy, see it as an opportunity to learn from those willing to teach.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
maybe prior to the innanet and social media, their request would sound cool...but why not create a social media group and have regular support meetings OR like others suggested, goto HBCU?

sadly, nowadays gotta first confirm whether they requesting such accommodations for attention or survival...if it's the latter, then other expectations shouldn't be resisted with common dismissive quotes "stop dyck policing" "you can't tell folks what to do" "stop pocket watching" etc

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
You need to make friends with your classmates of every color and make connections. Most grads can't avoid cacs in the real world yet NYU creating black snowflakes.

But it's voluntary so

:yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I aint gonna lie, i would have preferred to live in a black dorm. Once out of freshman housing a lot of us tried to buddy up and request the same dorm/apts anyway.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Seems like the Black students want to segregate themselves and create a 'safe space' for themselves.

I am curious in knowing why these students could not go to an HBCU and get educated by a majority Black learning institution instead of getting educated @ a PWI and segregating themselves from others?

Lastly, let's say this is a success..Once they graduate and enter the work world, how are they going to adjust to being around mostly non-Blacks?

The same way every HBCU graduate does, you go to work, look people in the eye and shake their hand. It's business, not personal. No one said you have to go to Happy Hour with them.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
that PWI aka Prestigious White Institution degree will get your farther with some employers rather than a HBCU degree. There is a reason why they choose those over HBCUS

Plenty of successful HBCU GRADUATES. There's a reason why when employers wanna recruit blacks, they go to HBCU'S.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The same way every HBCU graduate does, you go to work, look people in the eye and shake their hand. It's business, not personal. No one said you have to go to Happy Hour with them.

Not the same. Sorry. But, if segregation works for them, then so be it! I wish them all the best college experience!