NYU announces separated dorms for black identified students.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Upenn been had this with the DuBois house. W.E.B. Du Bois College House | College Houses & Academic Services

honestly i'm not sure how i feel about this. Imagine if it was hispanic dorm or an asian dorm.......or a jewish dorm funded by jewish alumni with all the amenities money can buy :huhldup:
it's hypocritical but I think I would only agree with this when it's black students doing it

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got the cops called on me my first week of my freshman year because an asian kid on my floor claims I stole something from his roon when it was a Brook brothers dressing whiteboy that did it. That happened to me like 5 times that year

Another time my RA called the cops because my floor smelled like weed but only my room got searched. I was the only black person that lived in that floor

One year I lived in the dorm above trader Joes on 14th street and they would always single me out for stupid shyt. If something got reported stolen in the building I was always the first suspect. RAs would "inspect" my room when I was in class or at work. Students would think I was custodian or a dining hall worker, never thought I could be a student

goddamn brother smh...reading this pissed me off

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I’m just so glad that I went to a black school and was just around my people.

Like even going back to middle..... I’ve never really went to white schools.

maybe my elementary but that’s cuz we moved around so I went to different ones. But middle to graduation. All black.

Then attended the greatest HBCU of them all in A&T.

I can’t even relate to my black friends that went to Carolina, UNCC, USoCarolina and etc white schools. And some of them I can tell feel inferior to me cuz they don’t have the same pride that I have and don’t even know what it feels like:wow:

first and only time I went to a majority white/asian school was high school...didn’t like the experience...I had no issues with the white students per se...I was just indifferent to them and vice versa...plus there were enough black and latino students for me to have a good group of friends...but the teachers in hindsight were very racist...pops actually had to come up and speak to one teacher who went out of his way to try and fail me...situation got handled tho...all the other schools I went to tho were predominantly black and most important imo was that a majority of the teachers/professors were black

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Disaster waiting to happen but unfortunately, people sometimes have to experience the results of a bad idea before it becomes crystal clear why it was a bad idea to begin with

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This idea is dumb as a fukk when you consider that these universities are designed to increase your chances for being hired at the top corporations, which are overwhelmingly ran by non-blacks. Therefore if you intend to go to an expensive ass predominately cac university with the plan of one day working at a successful corporation that will likely be predominantly cac too, then you're better off preparing yourself for dealing with non-blacks during college rather than wait for reality to hit you in the face when you begin working.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can see both sides to the issue though. We've heard countless tales of black students facing harassment and micro-aggression's in these dorms by white peers. White people are the most segregated people in the country and when you have a bunch white students coming from a majority white town/city, majority white school and whose only knowledge of black folks is through the racist media. that upbringing can lead to encounters like this:

Reality is though, if you make the decision to go to such universities, you more likely than not are planning to go work at a place that will be cac filled, and therefore trying to "escape " the problem is not the way to go about it. What needs to happen is when the cacs act out you throw the shyt back at them, film them and mock them until that vid goes viral, be armed with witty lines to show the cac who really is the inferior monkey, and worse comes to worse, stay in shape and physically strong to beat that white punk black if they get outta line and try to test you physically. I ain't even racist like that, just seeing the situation for what it is, and I personally lived on a majority cac filled dorm and experienced some of the shyt too from cacs. Did I cry to the university to demand I be isolated? Hell nah, got a bunch a of my boys from around to rock up and let the cacs who were messing around know what time it was if they ever got outta line again.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
This idea is dumb as a fukk when you consider that these universities are designed to increase your chances for being hired at the top corporations, which are overwhelmingly ran by non-blacks. Therefore if you intend to go to an expensive ass predominately cac university with the plan of one day working at a successful corporation that will likely be predominantly cac too, then you're better off preparing yourself for dealing with non-blacks during college rather than wait for reality to hit you in the face when you begin working.
So to you college is a waste of time if you don't live on campus then? :mjlol:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
fukk you on about fool? :wtf: Where did I state that?
If you weren't saying that then you saying "the idea is dumb as fukk" makes no sense because that is what the the fukking topic in the thread is about. And you wasted your time typing that shyt.

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you weren't saying that then you saying "the idea is dumb as fukk" makes no sense because that is what the the fukking topic in the thread is about. And you wasted your time typing that shyt.
it does makes sense in the context that if you plan to be employed in the future by an organization that will most likely be all white, then this idea that you can hide or escape from white folks is delusional, because those workplaces will be filled with them, and the kind of jobs that seek people from such institutions are not the 9-5 type where you just clock in and bounce on fixed hours, you will be grinding all day. So what purpose does it serve to avoid cacs during your college years out of fear of their treatment of you when a few years from then you will be working closely with them for the majority of the day and can't avoid them?