NYU announces separated dorms for black identified students.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Do you also get to be separated from all the white/non-black professors, lecturers, administrators, librarians,
security personnel and food service workers at NYU, or is it just the students?

Pay a couple hundred thousands of dollars to attend a PWI, only to demand a "safe space" from
the majority on the campus. Only in this generation.

What safe spaces for black college students have historically looked like below:

hampton-university-hero.jpg

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Watch those dorms be the most neglected ones on campus.
White people don't have a good record at being in charge of black spaces.
Campus security gonna in the black section acting all agressive and shyt.
the last buildings to receive renovations will be in that section,

It's one thing for black people to do their own thing independent of white people. But white people are still running this school. I see schools play favorites over mens and womans athletic programs,the men stay riding golf carts all around campus and shyt. Woman were walking everywhere. what makes you think they won't do the same with race?
Yeah, THIS is what I'm worried about.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
If things like these get traction, it's only a matter of time before the Asians and whites that are the majority in these colleges start calling for segregation for themselves too.

Why are people begging to bring segregation back?
Black people that want it honestly believe things will go better than the last time that it happened and this time the whites will actually give them better resources than their grandpappy. Whites want to separate themselves from everyone because their population is dwindling.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this. I am not going to do the whole "self-segregation" rant I am sure some White people are doing but at many schools Black students end up controlling a dorm or two by default given who decides to live together. I went to a southern public school and there was a dorm known as the "Black" dorm because people moved up in there like that.

Non-Blacks can be racist and vicious, welcome to the real world. You don't need a dorm to build a true community. You don't interact with many people in housing besides your roommates. I'd rather my kids learn to deal with MAGA Whites, micro-aggressions or whatever if they decide to go to a PWI. If they don't wan to deal with this, go to a HBCU.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
just following Trump's lead :manny:

He was talking about segregating neighborhoods again just last week

Bu bu bu don't vote, brehs! :unimpressed:

This is a great thing, yet you're in here blaming Trump. You'll attempt to turn anything political in your pursuit to get us to vote for that old cac bytch Biden.
:mjlol:

The students asked for this. The less cacs around me, the better. I know that it may upset you, you being a cac and all.
:umad:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every time Black undergrad students make this request, I find it hilarious.

They tried to do this when I was in undergrad - I was one of the Black student leaders and it was mostly the students that turned super-militant after being soft-spoken suburbanites prior to undergrad.

I was much more concerned with actually getting Black students into college and preparing them properly/getting them financial aid and job connections than I was getting a bunch of octoroon students having their Coli militant stage.

To each their own - I guess whatever helps make that $200k in undergrad debt feel better - yuppie whites are WOAT

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Hmm..

I will take the sarcasm..

Point is..

College teaches you how to network. At least it should. When you network with a diverse group of people, then you learn the game that they know.

White people as well as non Blacks have the plug. Get in good with the right one and you can get into a good financial situation. Once you do that, use the knowledge and expertise you have learned to help your own people out.

I think HBCU life is very enriching, but it may come with some limitations. The work world, especially high salary grossing one's isn't as diverse.

I have had both non Black roommates and Black roommates. Each situation taught me something and I think it helped me deal with a very large diverse workforce at my current profession. I sincerely hope these students will have a great college dorm life regardless if it is exclusive or not..

I think people who don’t sleep around white people are doing fine breh. Also sharing dorms with them does not guarantee that they will be given some token negro pass into white society.

they still go to class, clubs, events, internships, etc...

y’all seem unnecessarily hurt and salty about this just because you had to brownnose cacs in school

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think people who don’t sleep around white people are doing fine breh. Also sharing dorms with them does not guarantee that they will be given some token negro pass into white society.

they still go to class, clubs, events, internships, etc...

y’all seem unnecessarily hurt and salty about this just because you had to brownnose cacs in school

Quote me where I said anything about being salty and brownnosing non Blacks? I'll wait...

Once again, if they wanna segregate themselves then go for it. It just makes more sense for them to go to an HBCU where they can receive a broader Black experience while gaining an education.

I been to college. I have had non Black roommates and it didn't hurt me. I also had Black roommates and it didn't hurt me.

My main concern is this trend spreading where it may actually hurt Black students in the long run. There is no such thing as separate and equal.

BTW, real ones never have to sell out nor brownnose anyone for any reason...

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Quote me where I said anything about being salty and brownnosing non Blacks? I'll wait...

Once again, if they wanna segregate themselves then go for it. It just makes more sense for them to go to an HBCU where they can receive a broader Black experience while gaining an education.

I been to college. I have had non Black roommates and it didn't hurt me. I also had Black roommates and it didn't hurt me.

My main concern is this trend spreading where it may actually hurt Black students in the long run. There is no such thing as separate and equal.

BTW, real ones never have to sell out nor brownnose anyone for any reason...
There are a multitude of reasons why they probably couldn’t attend an hbcu.

And you keep giving this fake concern excuse of “it might hurt them”. As if to say if we don’t spend 4 years cohabitating with cacs we can’t get anywhere. Despite the fact that you think they should just go to an hbcu...where they would be even less likely to be around white people and won’t have the pwi graduation attached to them.

just say you’re mad that they don’t have to be around white people like that based on their own rules. Because nothing you’re saying makes any sense or is grounded in any sort of reality.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mixing of cultures help college students for the real world. Imagine living separated for 4 or more years of college then being on your own in life not experiencing the good or bad of dealing with racial issues. Its going to cause further separation and anger (for some) towards other races.

Would everyone feel its a good idea if white people said they want their own dorms bc they don't want to live with black people?

They aren't segregating classes. They are segregating dorms.

Did you ever stay in dorms? For the most part white people hung out with other white people, black people hung out with other black people. You had a few black and white people that knew each other from high school that were friends, or know each other through some extracurricular. Other than that they generally stay separate and it's not because they don't like each other or anything. They just gravitate towards people like them. Just like fraternities. Those people gravitate toward people with like minding attitudes and personalities.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There are a multitude of reasons why they probably couldn’t attend an hbcu.

And you keep giving this fake concern excuse of “it might hurt them”. As if to say if we don’t spend 4 years cohabitating with cacs we can’t get anywhere. Despite the fact that you think they should just go to an hbcu...where they would be even less likely to be around white people and won’t have the pwi graduation attached to them.

just say you’re mad that they don’t have to be around white people like that based on their own rules. Because nothing you’re saying makes any sense or is grounded in any sort of reality.

Oh, so you want to debate, then let's debate..

Explain the multiple reasons why an HBCU education would not be suitable for these students?

Next, explain how segregation will help these Black students?

I am well beyond college now. I got my bomb ass job and got it for life! I am straight! I just know who got the plug and bag. Learning how to deal with people in a diverse setting has nothing to do with selling out, c--ning or any of that nonsense unless that mentality is already in that person.

If you really wanna get ill with it, then you know that Negro politics ain't Wakanda! My concern is no more fake then your fake concern about promoting segregation which will not help them, unless they gonna get into an industry devoid of any contact with non-Blacks which is basically non existent outside of social services.

If you gonna allow Blacks to segregate, then you gotta allow non-Blacks to segregate. Who you think gonna win in that rat race, ol wise one?