NYTimes: The Democrats Have An Immigration Problem (I've warned you all of this)

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anyone is saying whites becoming a minority topples white supremacy. But a larger voting demographic will absolutely have a better opportunity to influence policy. Look at the polling, if the country were a majority black and hispanic, is there any doubt that Hillary Clinton would have beaten Trump?

So we could have had Hillary?!:gladbron:

:pachaha:

Seriously though, should we use immigration to alter election results? And if so, shouldn't citizens here already have a say in that? I've never heard a politician ask if we should import more Democrats.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is a moral issue. :dwillhuh:

Daca recipients are legal residents.

Asylum Seekers are being arrested, turned away, and serperated from their family along the southern border.

:comeon:

But it's cool because they aren't white, right? :patrice:
Not everyone even qualifies for DACA, so once again, you're wrong.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yep, limit immigration and push programs that bring in predominantly white immigrants to keep demographic shifts from doing damage to their position of power and then dealing with demographic changes from within the country comes down to their voter disenfranchisement strategies. I really think both of those issues come down to the GOP trying to limit the ability of PoC to influence policy.
none of this has anything to do with illegal immigrants

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Their argument is "you shouldn't be competing with illegal immigrants for jobs". What kinda nonsense argument is that :gucci: America is a capitalistic system. Somebody gotta work them fukked up jobs. Poorer Americans unfortunately have to do so. How are they supposed to have higher pay, better benefits and better working conditions when third world workers are willing to work for nothing? Either these nikkas are trolling, are Hispanics themselves, c00n professionals that made a few dollars and forgot where they came from or they're business owners and depend on having illegal workers. If a politician said this garbage in real life, he'd get destroyed in the media.
I keep telling you. The democrats need a better position than "fukk borders" and "illegals are welcome"

I'm solidly democrat and will continue to vote that way, but thats an issue that bothers the hell out of me as a black citizen who has seen illegals push minorities out of unskilled labor.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
The whole "Abolish ICE" movement is :gucci::camby: status and I don't blame the right for giving Democrats the :camby: for it. :dahell: Respect US borders and sovereignty.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Not everyone even qualifies for DACA, so once again, you're wrong.

Democrats major immigration push has been for DACA recipients.

Beyond that, as stated in your article, democrats deported illegal immigrants at record numbers under Obama.

thats not a good thing
So your issue isn't illegal immigrants, but immigrants in general?

:mjgrin:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
you're just trolling. Thats why you keep asking the same questions over and over. You make no progress in your argument.
You don't have a consistent liberal policy position on helping black folks.

If your concerns are helping black people through liberal policy then there's no reason to reject progressive policies full stop.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Progressivism does not support helping people break the law.
Good thing lawmakers are able to change laws. :mjgrin:

Imagine using this logic when they abolished slavery.

:troll:

Edit: I didn't forget that you skipped over the point that progressive policies help black people more than conservative immigration policy.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
You’re wrong. This is not about appealing to moderate republicans or Center right people.

I keep saying that black voters DO NOT understand or care about illegals like that. You can’t claim to represent poor and working class people while supporting illegal immigrants. Democrats keep banking on the Hispanic vote over defending citizens and legal residents.

Democrats kept trying to pull the dream act and amnesty while ignoring the reality of the situation.

Child separation is one thing. Promoting LEGAL and SKILLED immigration is one thing. Pushing for a reform of legal immigration is one thing.

DEFENDING ILLEGALS IS NOT A POPULAR CONCEPT AND THE SILENT MAJORITY OF DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS AGREE!

Y’all political instincts on here are terrible.
You have the political instincts of a southern 55 year old white man, so you’re one to talk.

Illegal immigration is caused by Reagan era foreign policy that turned South America into a war zone. You don’t get to act like it’s an issue you don’t care about so you just ignore it. You’ve swallowed every piece of rhetoric about immigration that republicans have brainwashed you with, congratulations you fukking troglodyte.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You have the political instincts of a southern 55 year old white man, so you’re one to talk.

Illegal immigration is caused by Reagan era foreign policy that turned South America into a war zone. You don’t get to act like it’s an issue you don’t care about so you just ignore it. You’ve swallowed every piece of rhetoric about immigration that republicans have brainwashed you with, congratulations you fukking troglodyte.
Reagan also tried amnesty and that shyt didn't work.

Illegals shouldn't be here and democrats shouldn't help them. I've posted dozens of stories over several years on here (you can look them up) proving how black Americans are uniquely and disproportionately affected by illegal immigrant labor.

Period.

lets get to brass tacks.