NYTimes: The Democrats Have An Immigration Problem (I've warned you all of this)

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
look at this blatant attempt on goalpost moving...

naw bruh...THIS is what you said

No one said anything about border jumping. and yes Hispanics STILL make up the majority of illegal immigrants.

regardless, being here illegally is the problem not HOW they got here.

playing games with semantics doesn't mean the reality is different.

overstaying your visa still means you are in the country illegally.

nikka put words in my mouth to try to move the goal post like a herb :mjlol:

Boat, plane, stuffed in the trunk of a car, underground tunnels, overstay on Visa, asylum seekers etc. etc. Who cares?

70% of them are coming from south of the border, regardless of the means of transportation.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
From an objective standpoint, I don't understand why some Dems focus on illegal immigrants from Mexico, Central America, and South America.

They don't represent a voting block. I could be wrong, but this issue doesn't appear to increase voter turnout. Is the play here to keep in good standing with legal immigrants?

Side note obviously I don't agree with family separations and kids in cages.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
We don't even have an immigration problem. There is a border, there is border security and ICE/CBP/DHS managing ports of entry. What the Republicans want is all out war on immigrants and immigration in general.

Drugs and people go north, weapons and money go south. They stop what they can. This isn't going to stop.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We don't even have an immigration problem. There is a border, there is border security and ICE/CBP/DHS managing ports of entry. What the Republicans want is all out war on immigrants and immigration in general.

Drugs and people go north, weapons and money go south. They stop what they can. This isn't going to stop.

Exactly. This whole immigration thing has never really been about illegal immigration, it's about trying to prevent demographic change.

What Republicans (and their voters) are really worried about is America becoming a majority-minority country, so they're trying to enact policies that will limit the population of black/brown people in the country.

While I understand that playing into white folks' fears about this may be an effective way to get votes, I don't really want to see the Dems going in that direction because at that point they may as well be Republicans.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Thats what I'm saying!!!!

People who went through the immigration process, my parents for example, don't like being "skipped" in line or any of the plethora of semi-rights and protections illegals get de-facto.

Drivers licenses? Scholarships? Healthcare? COME ON!!! Illegals seriously got more rights in some states than a lot of green card holders!!!

Now, is that enough to push people away from voting democrat? Not necessarily.

But Democrats need to firmly defend the law and establish what they want as a more permanent solution.

Fine, a wall is stupid. We all agree on that. It looks bad politically and doesn't make sense fiscally...but you can't just flood the border and be nice about it.

As a legal immigrant, I co-sign this 100%

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
These threads are my favorite because Napoleon's family would have never been allowed to immigrate here based on the positions holds.

Might be the same for Ill as well. :whew:

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Always nice to have a Jewish perspective on "illegal immigration and illegal people".

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Always nice to have a Jewish perspective on "illegal immigration and illegal people".
First generation, Jewish Russian leaving persecution, decries the US immigration policy and specifically asylum seekers. :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
First generation, Jewish rushing leaving persecution, decries the US immigration policy and specifically asylum seekers. :dwillhuh:

They expedited the process for them as well under one of the programs. I would laugh but it isn't funny.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
First generation, Jewish rushing leaving persecution, decries the US immigration policy and specifically asylum seekers. :dwillhuh:

Skip your nonsense morality bullshyt. All nations have immigration laws and borders. My family followed the legal process and came here. Need receipts on your "specifically asylum seekers". I've got plenty of receipts that show I'm in support of legal immigration.