NYTimes: The Democrats Have An Immigration Problem (I've warned you all of this)

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Immigration is a complicated issue that most people don't know or pay attention to. So yeah, it's a massive uphill battle to get these issues discussed, let alone start the shift in mindset about why immigration has a net positive impact. But the solution is have the conversations, acknowledge the positives and negatives alike and get people considering things like "immigrants pay more in taxes than they take out in benefits." There's absolutely a failure in messaging if we only focus on the morality, most people are going to be concerned with their own well-being (as well as their loved ones) over that of a stranger. So the messaging needs to explore how immigration reform can be beneficial to the voter and his/her loved ones. Don't dump the issue, change the conversation.
what complicates the issue more is when ppl conflate ILLEGAL immigration as the same as LEGAL immigration.

Immigration is being thrown around as some blanket term to mean both, when most ppl are just upset over illegal immigration.

I hear these arguments all the time

"Illegal immigration is bad, we need to stop this from happening its hurting the economy and more"

:fire: "Why do you hate immigrants? we live in an immigrant country, you and your family were immigrants once, why are you being so stupid!!"

:dwillhuh:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Border jumping hispanics don't even make up the majority of illegal immigrants.
:mjlol:
I love when cocky dudes like you retort some smart ass shyt without having anything to back it up...so typical James.
Can you back that up??

oh wait.....perhaps I can

Present-day countries of origin
According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the countries of origin for the largest numbers of illegal immigrants are as follows (latest of 2017):[41]

Country of origin Raw number Percent of total
Mexico 6,640,000 55
El Salvador 700,000 6
Guatemala 640,000 5
India 430,000 4
Honduras 400,000 3
Philippines 360,000 3
China 270,000 2
Korea 250,000 2
Vietnam 200,000 2
Dominican Republic 180,000 1
Other 2,050,000 17

So James, where do most of these illegal immigrants come from?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
what complicates the issue more is when ppl conflate ILLEGAL immigration as the same as LEGAL immigration.

Immigration is being thrown around as some blanket term to mean both, when most ppl are just upset over illegal immigration.

I hear these arguments all the time

"Illegal immigration is bad, we need to stop this from happening its hurting the economy and more"

:fire: "Why do you hate immigrants? we live in an immigrant country, you and your family were immigrants once, why are you being so stupid!!"

:dwillhuh:

Yeah, that's gotten MORE complicated thanks to the rhetoric of both sides; not to mention that a large number of legitimate refugees were having so much trouble getting into entry points that they began crossing illegally and presenting themselves at checkpoints only to be categorized as illegal immigrants. So if you're talking immigration with someone who is up on this, they might assume you're ignoring the asylum seekers who have gotten the absolute worst of this treatment. In a way, there could be three separate debates for the pros and cons of immigrants, illegal immigrants and refugees as well as how to treat them. But the simplification of both the rhetoric and basically the way we're treating those groups has made it really hard to differentiate let alone have a productive conversation about how to improve policies for each circumstance.

- The Washington Post

Trump administration officials have, in recent weeks, adopted a carrot-and-stick approach to asylum applicants. They have told those who cross the border illegally and make asylum requests that they will face criminal prosecution, but that if they go through the official border crossings, their applications will be processed. Yet in several cities along the border, asylum seekers who follow those instructions are turned away and told to return later. At some crossings, applicants camp out for days.

“We have this administration that’s saying, ‘Come to the port of entry; we’re going to prosecute everybody who doesn’t come to the port of entry seeking asylum.’ And now we have CBP agents turning them away. So in reality, they don’t want anybody to come,” Dominguez said.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea that illegal immigration doesn't hurt unemployment and doesn't retard wages are :mjlol:

I understand that there's a human side and we have to show compassion to people fleeing from countries where there's really no jobs or opportunity, but to ignore the ramifications of what happens when there's an open border is a reason why a lot of independents can't fukk with the Democrats stance on immigration. Democrats politicians won't admit that illegal immigration has consequences on jobs and wages. They think people are stupid. It's insulting.
it doesn't matter where illegals are gonna live, or where they're gonna work, or where their kids are gonna go to school. because none of them will be competing with nancy pelosi's community :jayfdup:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:russell: that's a blatant lie. mexicans were 50% of illegals in 2016, while the other half is the entire rest of the world

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S.
Fail at literacy.

Visa overstays outnumber illegal border crossings; trend likely to continue
The majority of immigrants settling in the U.S. without authorization are first coming to the country legally, raising questions about the effectiveness of President Donald Trump's plan to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexican border.

Crossing the border is not the way "the large majority of persons now become undocumented," the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) said in a recent report. Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center repored.

Like i said, the majority of illegal immigrants aren't those who cross the border illegally. :russ:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Fail at literacy.

Visa overstays outnumber illegal border crossings; trend likely to continue

Like i said, the majority of illegal immigrants aren't those who cross the border illegally. :russ:
look at this blatant attempt on goalpost moving...

naw bruh...THIS is what you said
Border jumping hispanics don't even make up the majority of illegal immigrants.
:mjlol:

No one said anything about border jumping. and yes Hispanics STILL make up the majority of illegal immigrants.

regardless, being here illegally is the problem not HOW they got here.

playing games with semantics doesn't mean the reality is different.

overstaying your visa still means you are in the country illegally.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
we can agree to disagree about this losing strategy by the left :jawalrus:

:mjlol: at pandering to a bloc of people that can't vote
Democrats aren't pandering to non voters.

They're pandering to daca recipients who were promised a path to citizenship and should be given that.

I understand that you hold racial animus towards Hispanics and cannot discern the difference between two very different issues.

I also accept you can't admit you were wrong.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@Call Me James try to move to mexico illegally and see what happens :mjgrin;
You've completely lost the plot of your already tenuous position. :pachaha:

P. S. They'd send me back just like they do here. Americans make up roughly 10 percent of Mexican deportations. The extreme majority also overstay their visas.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You've completely lost the plot of your already tenuous position. :pachaha:

P. S. They'd send me back just like they do here. Americans make up roughly 10 percent of Mexican deportations. The extreme majority also overstay their visas.
you said months ago that you don't care about black labor

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

They're pandering to daca recipients
who were promised a path to citizenship and should be given that.

I understand that you hold racial animus towards Hispanics and cannot discern the difference between two very different issues.

I also accept you can't admit you were wrong.
Those are the same thing...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're pandering to daca recipients who were promised a path to citizenship and should be given that.

:comeon: come on, breh, i know you think im a huge scumbag, but there's plenty of valid reasons to back rejection of illegal immigration

i dont give a fukk about how tan people who come here illegally are :dead: hell, i don't even care if they come here. i just don't feel that they're "wronged" if they're caught and deported