"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Also, I'm gonna throw some bold predictions, we're gonna surprise a lot of folks like that season we had Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, David Lee & Zach Randolph, watch...
:myman:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka, we did develop Knox and Mitch. They played through entire summer league, preseason and the whole season and then this whole summer league, preseason and upcoming season.
:dwillhuh:

We didn't have a power forward besides Vonleh so we played him at the 3 and 4 position. He had a career high of 29 points. Our weakness on defense was a lack of power forwards. We acquired 2 and a half power forwards this off season. Do you have selective game watching. Last season was focused on developing those 2 and making Mudiay the leader of the tank to try and get a top pick unfortunately Adam Silver changed it to a lottery where the Pelicans got 1, Memphis got 2, and we got 3. Even though we didn't get Ja or Zion, we still got a good pick that showed off in the summer league.
:dahell:
I’m talking about last season . You haven’t told me any way that fiz is a good coach or how spending all that time with mudiay and them helped us for this season . I’m happy with Rj anyway but we could of tanked and had a emphasis for players that are for this season.But I’m going to stop responding with you cause you seem to be a big fan of fiz and you aren’t going to say he has any flaws and did anything wrong last year

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
My thing is we lacked defense and everyone is saying it improved with Frank but that wasn't it. We had a team full of rookies, we lacked experience and couldn't close games. We had over a dozen games where we were leading and gave it away. We gave it away cause our defensive rebounding fell short. Kanter was a black hole on defense so we waived him to Portland. DJ helped out a lot but he's a backup center to Mitch. Vonleh was our only power forward and Isaiah Hicks couldn't help us. We played Knox at the 4 and he got outplayed by vets because he was a rookie and inexperienced. It showed. There was no way, we were getting anywhere so Fiz was switching up players and experimenting. This is where the frustration lies, we lacked closing games because of defense but Frank was not the answer to that problem. The problem is that we had no toughness on the inside to help our players that could space the floor when Mitch was in foul trouble. We lacked experience in that position. I don't believe Fiz was the problem, I think the problem was that we sucked. We had no structure. This coming season, we have toughness in Morris, Portis and Taj. Fiz wants a power forward that could space the floor like he used in Marc Gasol on the Grizzlies, this is where Randle comes in. Portis and Morris add the extra defensive rebounding that we lacked in closing out games. Elfrid Payton is the added point guard for when Dennis is out and we don't have a bum like Mudiay. Now this also helps out Frank on the 2 because he's a great defender on every position and not selfish so now we have role players that can finish what he lacks on offense give him ample time to score when he wants. This coming season will be Fiz ultimate test as a coach, not last season but based on who we've acquired, I see nothing but an upside. You can choose to ignore me if you want, I'm just saying.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Frank Nitty :to:

I spent alot of time defending him, my biggest fear is hes one of those players that finally gets it when hes 26 or 27. I see the potential in him and if nothing else hes excellent on defense

I have to be honest, i dont see him doing much better this upcoming season. Its gonna be tough for him to get minutes

My guess is he ends up with another team at some point and eventually becomes a valuable role player. A little bit shorter Trevor Ariza with better ball handling and passing, capable of guarding 1 through 3 and probably most 4's

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
We spend too much time discussing the last player on our bench.