"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Forget about Frank, what did Fiz do for Knox and Mitch?

Knox was terrible and coaching staff did him no favors. Mitch would've floundered if DJ didn't come in.

DeAndre's impact on Mitch is more of an indictment of our coaching for me :manny:
They let Knox play he was raw and got plenty of reps his rookie year :manny:

Mitch was already doing his thing before DeAndre

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Forget about Frank, what did Fiz do for Knox and Mitch?

Knox was terrible and coaching staff did him no favors. Mitch would've floundered if DJ didn't come in.

DeAndre's impact on Mitch is more of an indictment of our coaching for me :manny:
Knox and Mitch got plenty of minutes and last season was practice for the young guys. Knox played the 4 to get toughened up but the potential was always there. They also trained him to get out of the wings and start moving more without the ball. We've seen glimpses during the summer league. DJ was brought in to give Mitch the much needed vet experience. He started committing fewer fouls throughout the season. But back to Knox.... imagine taking a player out of his natural position and against bigger vets to defend... All the greats got dunked on or embarrassed by better players during their first season. Now I'm not trying to bash your boy Frank but I'm calling a spade, a spade and we gotta stop pampering the guy. He has to show improvement or he will get waived. The pressure is on him and this is a season coming up where it's no holds barred. Same with Trier, if he starts stat padding, we need to bench his ass. He got away with it last season cause it was practice. We have 5 vets on the team that are looking for a solid contract, there's no excuses. By 2020, half of this team is getting traded and by 2021, we'll be looking for good quality free agents with great role players already there.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I'd feel better about the youth development if they signed players that complimented their skill-set. More low usage players that can play defense and space the floor would've been nice. Every year. it seems like they find ways to create unnecessary logjams. Four PFs. :comeon:
We went from having literally 1 power forward and Mitch going against 2 bigs to 3 transitional power forwards in Randle, Portis and sometimes Morris. I think we did a great job. Morris can help out Knox so really, we have 2 power forwards.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Y’all falling for the 4 power forwards bullshyt on Twitter :russ:. Some of these same dudes can play the 5 and the 3 I think we did a solid job building our front court. You need players that can play different positions:manny: collectively we may have a better front court than golden state.

Anyway y’all wanna see frank nitty play the French team starts prep for the World Cup tomorrow. Stop hating on the kid. I think he’s improved and he will show it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
“I don’t play for the Knicks,’’ he said. “I don’t care about the Knicks. I’m not going to waste my energy.”

^^Tobias Harris doesn’t respect you bytches and y’all PFs and not one is a top 5 PF

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all falling for the 4 power forwards bullshyt on Twitter :russ:. Some of these same dudes can play the 5 and the 3 I think we did a solid job building our front court. You need players that can play different positions:manny: collectively we may have a better front court than golden state.

Anyway y’all wanna see frank nitty play the French team starts prep for the World Cup tomorrow. Stop hating on the kid. I think he’s improved and he will show it.
Y’alls shooting going to be terrible and it’s gonna be hilarious to watch:ohlawd:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Knox and Mitch got plenty of minutes and last season was practice for the young guys. Knox played the 4 to get toughened up but the potential was always there. They also trained him to get out of the wings and start moving more without the ball. We've seen glimpses during the summer league. DJ was brought in to give Mitch the much needed vet experience. He started committing fewer fouls throughout the season. But back to Knox.... imagine taking a player out of his natural position and against bigger vets to defend... All the greats got dunked on or embarrassed by better players during their first season. Now I'm not trying to bash your boy Frank but I'm calling a spade, a spade and we gotta stop pampering the guy. He has to show improvement or he will get waived. The pressure is on him and this is a season coming up where it's no holds barred. Same with Trier, if he starts stat padding, we need to bench his ass. He got away with it last season cause it was practice. We have 5 vets on the team that are looking for a solid contract, there's no excuses. By 2020, half of this team is getting traded and by 2021, we'll be looking for good quality free agents with great role players already there.
Knox got plenty of minutes and reps but with no structure. I don't think just throwing a rookie, who was extremely raw, out there to figure it out by himself helped his development a lot.

I remember having arguments with @seemorecizzy about semantics of Knox being raw/project. Either way my point was that Knox was a lottery pick that needed the most development that year.

Now taking a rookie that had so much to learn and playing him at PF was idiotic. Almost as dumb as Sonics playing Durant at PG/SG his rookie year. Just a waste of a year and in Knox's case could be even worse. I mean the guy is still talking about how he should've been on all-rookie team, so obviously he isn't realistic about his season and coaching staff also didn't have an honest conversation with him.

Fizdale's go to coaching move seems to be to drop a player for 5 games straight. It isn't working, especially since every week there's a different player in the doghouse.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I think Fiz's weird rotations and irrational confidence in Mudiay was some of the finest covert tank commanding in the modern day era.

But yeah....less "cool gym teacher" and more "leader with a plan that he knows how to execute" for the 19-20 season, plz n thx.
That's exactly what is was, covert tanking. This front office is smart otherwise they would've kept Mudiay.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's exactly what is was, covert tanking. This front office is smart otherwise they would've kept Mudiay.
Exactly. That was the 1st clue that they never really gave a fukk about that cat. They used him. A Mudiay led team can only reach the bottom of the standings. It was genius. And he was able to prove to teams he's still an NBA player. Win win for everybody :alonzoknick:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
You are applying logic for a section of the fan base that lacks it. There would 100% be a backlash. They are already pissed we missed out on Zion, and their thirst for a superstar that can help them justify their thousand dollar tickets and $30 beers has them expecting RJ to start. I work with these fools. and this narrative is already in progress. They are just itching to turn on Fiz if this kid doesn’t pan out early.
Unless you're saying that section is the majority, I don't even know why we're acknowledging them

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you're saying that section is the majority, I don't even know why we're acknowledging them
Really ? So we gotta pretend that fiz is a good coach last year :stopitslime: and if the Knicks underperform this year he automatically gets to stay just because continuity :hhh:
Exactly. That was the 1st clue that they never really gave a fukk about that cat. They used him. A Mudiay led team can only reach the bottom of the standings. It was genius. And he was able to prove to teams he's still an NBA player. Win win for everybody :alonzoknick:
So tanking was worth it to not develop Knox :dwillhuh: We didn’t get Zion or Jah . We could of tanked and developed Knox

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Really ? So we gotta pretend that fiz is a good coach last year :stopitslime: and if the Knicks underperform this year he automatically gets to stay just because continuity :hhh:

So tanking was worth it to not develop Knox :dwillhuh: We didn’t get Zion or Jah . We could of tanked and developed Knox
nikka, we did develop Knox and Mitch. They played through entire summer league, preseason and the whole season and then this whole summer league, preseason and upcoming season.
:dwillhuh:

We didn't have a power forward besides Vonleh so we played him at the 3 and 4 position. He had a career high of 29 points. Our weakness on defense was a lack of power forwards. We acquired 2 and a half power forwards this off season. Do you have selective game watching. Last season was focused on developing those 2 and making Mudiay the leader of the tank to try and get a top pick unfortunately Adam Silver changed it to a lottery where the Pelicans got 1, Memphis got 2, and we got 3. Even though we didn't get Ja or Zion, we still got a good pick that showed off in the summer league.
:dahell: