"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You copping pleas

Pre-LeBron, he was too young even though we’ve seen guards like Kemba, CP3, and Lillard be strong leaders out the gate.

With LeBron, oh LeBron didn’t allow him to be a leader nevermind all the toxic shyt he was doing like refusing to talk to teammates.

In Boston, the younger guys were feeling themselves (that was only Rozier) it was the locker room.

C’mon b
tenor.gif

Jaylen Brown hated him too.
But just follow the thread bro, Kyrie didn’t just show up on the team last year. He led them to the playoffs in 2018. They were a good team with a top seed. He got hurt in the late spring if I’m not mistaken. Did he just walk into last season a completely different person? Just up and decided he would be a dikk for no reason? Or did the organization ignore all the chemistry red flags EVERY smart analyst predicted over that summer? Person after person said shyt like, they might want to trade someone, cause those young guys got a taste of a new playing role and won’t want to go back to being 4th and 5th options with Kyrie and Hayward coming back. It’s weird that I’ve heard about how great a leader Horford was too but somehow last season wasn’t a blemish on his leadership skills.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations

Thecoli faggits coalition will come in here on some Tamberine little drummer boy type shyt and bring up his field goal percentage

The same way his wrist flexes as he hits his tamberines, my wrists will be flexing as i hit the rep button and neg his posts :francis:

But back to RJ, his all around game has been very impressive and im not worried about his field goal percentage. I cant wait to watch him and the rest of the youth develop together :wow:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you didn’t watch the game ?

RJ is a low efficiency voulume shooter to excel. He’s not much of a catch and shoot (most shots he takes are wide open defenders give him it and he’s missing)

he needs the ball at all times to be comfortable scoring and he’s good playmaker off drives/pick and roll & two man game

So can Knox. Your best bet on offense is RJ and Randle playing a two man game with Mitch as a release valve when Randle draws too much attention in the paint and Kev and Frank on the wings looking to swing pass or catch and shoot.

Exactly except I’d put Dotson on the wing instead of Frank. Either way Dennis Smith Jr (who should be their best player) is kinda useless here as a point guard.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
RJ is a low efficiency voulume shooter to excel. He’s not much of a catch and shoot (most shots he takes are wide open defenders give him it and he’s missing)

he needs the ball at all times to be comfortable scoring and he’s good playmaker off drives/pick and roll & two man game

Exactly except I’d put Dotson on the wing instead of Frank. Either way Dennis Smith Jr (who should be their best player) is kinda useless here as a point guard.

Love Dot and his shooting, but i don’t think he can guard pgs as consistently as Frank can. Only reason he’s useful is to hide RJ on defense.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No your goalpost moving. You suggested Kyrie couldn’t lead a Cleveland as if anybody could lead that squad in Kyries position

Even your own knicks fan disagreed with you, in fact, that nikka was already arguing with you before I hopped in.

Then you mention Dame, Kemba etc as if all these nikkas ain’t different people

Then you use a article of Kyrie not speaking to teammates, while Lebron was there, to say he’s not a good teammate as if Kobe and Jordan haven’t done worse to teammates

Then you cut out the first half of my previous point cause you had no answer
Your measurements of why he isn’t a good leader of bullshyt. Now if you just had said “He still got a long way to go” we wouldn’t be having this discussion. You hopping all over the place.
You’re correlating being a good leader to winning games. Cleveland sucked that doesn’t mean you can’t be a good leader on a bad team.

Exactly they are different people with better leadership qualities and temperaments.

The knock on Kyrie’s career has been his leadership however you think it is :heh:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Jaylen Brown hated him too.
But just follow the thread bro, Kyrie didn’t just show up on the team last year. He led them to the playoffs in 2018. They were a good team with a top seed. He got hurt in the late spring if I’m not mistaken. Did he just walk into last season a completely different person? Just up and decided he would be a dikk for no reason? Or did the organization ignore all the chemistry red flags EVERY smart analyst predicted over that summer? Person after person said shyt like, they might want to trade someone, cause those young guys got a taste of a new playing role and won’t want to go back to being 4th and 5th options with Kyrie and Hayward coming back. It’s weird that I’ve heard about how great a leader Horford was too but somehow last season wasn’t a blemish on his leadership skills.
Because Horford has better interpersonal relationships with the guys obviously and was the glue of the team. Horford is an ego-less player opposite of Kyrie.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You’re correlating being a good leader to winning games. Cleveland sucked that doesn’t mean you can’t be a good leader on a bad team.

Exactly they are different people with better leadership qualities and temperaments.

The knock on Kyrie’s career has been his leadership however you think it is :heh:
False. You posted nothing proving he was bad in the locker room pre Lebron. The only thing you mentioned was Dion waiters punching him(which Dion denied happened) as if that’s a slight towards Kyrie that he had a disagreement and it got physical, as if That doesn’t happen 838483992939339 times in every locker room for damn every team sport :pachaha: there’s nothing to say Kyrie can’t be a good leader. People said the same shyt about Kobe when Shaq left

He can’t lead
He doesn’t get along with teammates
He’s a cancer
He shoots the ball and doesn’t share
He belittled teammates

We heard this all before

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
False. You posted nothing proving he was bad in the locker room pre Lebron. The only thing you mentioned was Dion waiters punching him(which Dion denied happened) as if that’s a slight towards Kyrie that he had a disagreement and it got physical, as if That doesn’t happen 838483992939339 times in every locker room for damn every team sport :pachaha: there’s nothing to say Kyrie can’t be a good leader. People said the same shyt about Kobe when Shaq left

He can’t lead
He doesn’t get along with teammates
He’s a cancer
He shoots the ball and doesn’t share
He belittled teammates

We heard this all before
Kyrie called a players only meeting. It escalated and Dion broke his nose and gave him a black eye. Kyrie wore a mask for two weeks while Dion was made unavailable for an “illness” (suspension) afterwards :hubie:

I already told you Kobe’s leadership was questioned by fans, media, Phil Jackson’s book. Kobe had to go on and win them two rings and be the OG on the ‘08 Olympic team to gain his reputation. Kyrie is going to have to do something to dispel the narrative.

I’m done talking about this because you :superman: for him heavy