"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He was 20 years old. People gotta let the Pre-Lebron comparisons go. We don’t do that for any other pgs
You copping pleas

Pre-LeBron, he was too young even though we’ve seen guards like Kemba, CP3, and Lillard be strong leaders out the gate.

With LeBron, oh LeBron didn’t allow him to be a leader nevermind all the toxic shyt he was doing like refusing to talk to teammates.

In Boston, the younger guys were feeling themselves (that was only Rozier) it was the locker room.

C’mon b
tenor.gif

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
You copping pleas

Pre-LeBron, he was too young even though we’ve seen guards like Kemba, CP3, and Lillard be strong leaders out the gate.

With LeBron, oh LeBron didn’t allow him to be a leader nevermind all the toxic shyt he was doing like refusing to talk to teammates.

In Boston, the younger guys were feeling themselves (that was only Rozier) it was the locker room.

C’mon b
tenor.gif
My biggest issue is how will he play when KD comes back. Right now, the nets have really good role players. The Celtics had too many leaders and Hayward getting overpaid probably had players feeling a certain way. Tatum was inconsistent.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You copping pleas

C’mon b
tenor.gif

This nikka got drafted to possibly the worse team of the decade at only 21/22. The fukk was he leading?:comeon: CP3, Kemba, Lillard etc wasn’t playing with that bad of a team as the post Lebron Cleveland Cavaliers. Lebron didn’t even make the playoffs his first couple years with Cleveland when they was close to being that bad.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This nikka got drafted to possibly the worse team of the decade at only 21/22. The fukk was he leading?:comeon: CP3, Kemba, Lillard etc wasn’t playing with that bad of a team as the post Lebron Cleveland Cavaliers. Lebron didn’t even make the playoffs his first couple years with Cleveland when they was close to being that bad.
You can lose and still be a good leader my guy

Kemba’s done his fair share of losing. Portland was a bad team when Dame got there. New Orleans was a bad team when CP3 got there.

Temperament and personality goes a long way.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
But that’s because RJ is dominating the ball and rendering Allen pretty useless on offense. Allen was playing spot up shooter and defender for a large majority of his minutes. Can DSJ do that if we give RJ the ball?
If the new players are intergrated properly, feel a part of the team and not just 1 year mercenaries, rookies/youth will have to fall in line.

Marcus Morris, Randle, Taj and even Portis will not let 19 year olds just jack up shots. They will get checked. That's a good thing about vets, even though they might take up time from the youth they will help them develop good habits.

But all of that depends on Fizdale and the coaching staff. If they implement a proper and consistent team philosophy it could work great. Or we could end up with five Kanters looking out for themselves :manny:

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think Dennis and Peyton will be a logjam. Also the 4 position.

Facts I know that at the point we got

Elfrid, DSJ, Frank

RJ, Ellington, Dot and Trier at the 2

Knox, Bullock and Iggy? at the 3

Randle, Portis, Taj, even though he might play more 5 for us or start over Mitch idk :yeshrug: and we still might get Morris

And we got Mitch at the 5

I really wanna see what Fiz is gonna pull out with this group :lupe:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You can lose and still be a good leader my guy

Kemba’s done his fair share of losing. Portland was a bad team when Dame got there. New Orleans was a bad team when CP3 got there.

Temperament and personality goes a long way.
Everybody doesn’t come in the league being a leader. Some grow into it. It’s hard to lead a JV squad playing in the NBA anyway. The year before he got drafted, The Cavs had their worse record since 2002-2003 season and had a 26 game losing streak.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
Trading into their cap space for future draft picks from desperate teams>creating redundant logjams by signing four PFs. :comeon:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Everybody doesn’t come in the league being a leader. Some grow into it. It’s hard to lead a JV squad playing in the NBA anyway. The year before he got drafted, The Cavs had their worse record since 2002-2003 season and had a 26 game losing streak.
Y’all copping pleas for Kyrie lol

Kyrie didn’t come into the league as a leader and still hasn’t become one.

https://www.si.com

:russell:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Y’all copping pleas for Kyrie lol

Kyrie didn’t come into the league as a leader and still hasn’t become one.

https://www.si.com

:russell:
:comeon:At that article you posted when Lebron was there. Jordan punched teammates in the face. Kobe wouldn’t speak to the teammates either and would argue them down when he did in the 2000s and that’s not including the Shaq shyt. :comeon:we both know their leaders.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:comeon:At that article you posted when Lebron was there. Jordan punched teammates in the face. Kobe wouldn’t speak to the teammates either and would argue them down when he did in the 2000s and that’s not including the Shaq shyt. :comeon:we both know their leaders.
Kyrie was the one getting punched in the face though :russ:

Those guys were much greater players and lead by example with All-Time work ethics and hunger to win and even Kobe got his leadership questioned throughout his career.

Do you believe Kyrie is a good leader to this point in his career what are you arguing really? :jbhmm:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kyrie was the one getting punched in the face though :russ:

Those guys were much greater players and lead by example with All-Time work ethics and hunger to win and even Kobe got his leadership questioned throughout his career.

Do you believe Kyrie is a good leader to this point in his career what are you arguing really? :jbhmm:

The point is you were posting a article about Kyrie not speaking to teammates(while was the leader during that time btw) as if players didn’t do worse. I can easily sit here post articles of known leaders not speaking to, or having bad relationships with teammates. Should I unload a gang of articles of Kobe vs Shaq?

Then you move the goalpost by talking being all time legends, like what that got to do with clashing with teammates and this conversation we are having:mjlol:

And no, however the reasons you mention are ridiculous. First expecting him to lead that garbage Cavs team that Lebron, himself, got tired of leading. Then this article you posted:mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
And no, however the reasons you mention are ridiculous. First expecting him to lead that garbage Cavs team that Lebron, himself, got tired of leading. Then this article you posted:mjlol:
I gave receipts of examples of poor leadership. Right now the narrative around Kyrie is his leadership and lack of ability to get along with teammates. You seem to be suggesting that it’s bullshyt because others clashed with teammates and that he is a good leader. :patrice:

And just because those teams were garbage doesn’t mean you can’t be a fukking leader those things do not correlate :snoop:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I gave receipts of examples of poor leadership. Right now the narrative around Kyrie is his leadership and lack of ability to get along with teammates. You seem to be suggesting that it’s bullshyt because others clashed with teammates and that he is a good leader. :patrice:

And just because those teams were garbage doesn’t mean you can’t be a fukking leader those things do not correlate :snoop:
No your goalpost moving. You suggested Kyrie couldn’t lead a Cleveland as if anybody could lead that squad in Kyries position

Even your own knicks fan disagreed with you, in fact, that nikka was already arguing with you before I hopped in.

Then you mention Dame, Kemba etc as if all these nikkas ain’t different people

Then you use a article of Kyrie not speaking to teammates, while Lebron was there, to say he’s not a good teammate as if Kobe and Jordan haven’t done worse to teammates

Then you cut out the first half of my previous point cause you had no answer
Your measurements of why he isn’t a good leader of bullshyt. Now if you just had said “He still got a long way to go” we wouldn’t be having this discussion. You hopping all over the place.