"NYK will surprise the NBA"...I believe 'em too. 19-20 NYK Offseason Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Trier coming off the bench. I’m more worried about Dennis Smith Jr and RJ.
I'm not worried as much about RJ and DSJ. RJ has shown willingness to pass the ball and look for others more and more in each summer league game. And I highly doubt RJ's going to force it as much with better players on the floor (both teammates and opposition). DSJ also said his goal is to help RJ become ROY.

Is frank working out with the team in Vegas?
Don't know if he's been part of any team workouts but it looks like he's been in Vegas last few days.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think getting Trier to pass more will be the toughest thing and if he becomes a black hole, he'll get traded in a package for a more lucrative offer.
He just needs to get it through his thick head that he needs to pass. We know you’re a walking bucket but why don’t you pass it to your open teammate at the 3 point line?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
He just needs to get it through his thick head that he needs to pass. We know you’re a walking bucket but why don’t you pass it to your open teammate at the 3 point line?
I mean look at his face. He looks stingy. He looks like never shared shyt his entire life, let alone a ball. The name ISO Zo fits him well.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm not worried as much about RJ and DSJ. RJ has shown willingness to pass the ball and look for others more and more in each summer league game. And I highly doubt RJ's going to force it as much with better players on the floor (both teammates and opposition). DSJ also said his goal is to help RJ become ROY.

Don't know if he's been part of any team workouts but it looks like he's been in Vegas last few days.

But that’s because RJ is dominating the ball and rendering Allen pretty useless on offense. Allen was playing spot up shooter and defender for a large majority of his minutes. Can DSJ do that if we give RJ the ball?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
But that’s because RJ is dominating the ball and rendering Allen pretty useless on offense. Allen was playing spot up shooter and defender for a large majority of his minutes. Can DSJ do that if we give RJ the ball?

No but I think Frank and Dotson can :jbhmm:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So can Knox. Your best bet on offense is RJ and Randle playing a two man game with Mitch as a release valve when Randle draws too much attention in the paint and Kev and Frank on the wings looking to swing pass or catch and shoot.

Also a bench of

DSJ
Trier
Dot
Morris
Portis

Could work if Trier passed more but Ellington would fit at Sg to.

I like Trier so I’m hoping it’s the lineup above

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No but I think Frank and Dotson can :jbhmm:

Payton deserves mention. His catch and shoot numbers aren't anything special at all, but they do put Frank and DSJ in the dust. He also got his production on surprisingly low USG (I think it's worth digging a little further on that though) and had really nice chemistry with Randle. If Barrett is gonna start and get the ball in his hands frequently; Payton starts to look like a more interesting fit...though you know I like Frank since he's a much better defender and I'm really worried about Barrett/Knox/Randle regardless of who we bookend them with.